Lil' Mamas June 28--July 5

chefkate

Cathlete
Hello Mamas! How was your weekend? We had a great one! Unfortunately, ice cream got the better of me today.:eek: But it was a blip not a binge and I had a kick-arse WO tonight and am back on track!

Just finished STS ch/sho/tri

Stephanie, Sounds like you had a great Saturday!
Lisa, WTG on the 4 miles!

Wishing everyone a GREAT NIGHT"S SLEEP!!!

Hi mamas!
Kate--Don't fret the ice cream. I had a homemade milkshake tonight. :eek: With lowfat icecream and ff milk, but still...

I am debating doing a late workout. I probably will since I had the unfortunate milkshake, but my abductor was really hurting me yesterday and today so I don't know if I should take ANOTHER rest day... it's not currently hurting, so i may brave it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! :)

Hey Stephanie, You're up late with me!:D
Sorry about the bum abductor!:mad: What about some UB wieghts or abs? Abs are soooo easy for me to put off - but I LOVE how I feel when I keep up with them.
So we're so ice cream sisters today, huh? :p Milkshakes....yum! :eek:
Must get off this dumb laptop and GO TO BED!!!

Kate--I did the clx. It's my inner thigh (near the groin) that was bothering me, but it's better now. Guess the workout did me some good! I know that mentally I'll be on-track by doing it. I feel guilty just THINKING about missing a workout...
I wanted to ask you, do you use protein powder? I just bought some to start drinking a recovery shake post-workout and was wondering if you do the same.. (I skipped it tonight though because my calories were sky high tonight... homemade pizza and a milkshake :eek:).

Stephanie, You're on a roll w/ those workouts!!! Good for you!
I don't use PP's. I had bought a tub for me after I had J but got worried abt passing along any wierd stuff thru the b'milk.. Now I'm just worried abt what it would be doing to ME! Make sure there is no Casein in your powder - it is proven to promote cancer cell growth.:eek::eek: Mike drinks a whole cocktail of garbage and I'm slowly getting him off of it. It FREAKS ME OUT all he might be ingesting. I've started buying Jay Robb protein powder for him so he's at least getting a less processed powder. For me..... I got to thinking abt when I had really great results... I was doing Pyramids and very careful on my food. I was pretty cut and never used PPs. I really do believe the biggest thing is just watching our eats. Wel, I'm out of time....DDs are waiting for bfast....bbl...

hello all. sorry I'm MIA. Been busy with baby. we had a REALLY bad night a couple days ago I didnt' get to sleep AT ALL!!!!!!!! he was fussy and gassy all night poor thing. the next day seemed to be starting the same so I tried an infant suppository (moms advice) I didn't want to but it seemed to help him get it out. I've never heard so much gas let alone from a baby??! could something be wrong with him or is this normal for some babies?
Well he's back to "normal" right now... I hope. just a bit of gas but not keeping him up all night like that. sheesh.
I did get a couple cardios in the last few days. didn't last night cause I had a migrane. I'm doing better on eating. made some awesome turkey lasagna last night while holding a baby. that takes some talent haha. Its so good. I have some in the fridge for tonight and some in the freezer for leftovers when Dh gets here. it makes alot. Dh likes it too.
I'm trying to get alot done before he gets here later this week. my MIL and her dad are coming for one night too. so I'm going to be busy busy. He only speaks spanish so its kinda awkward around him but DHs mom and my Dh will translate for me if we talk at all.

I'm glad you guys are doing well on w/o. I'll try not to worry about it as much... and just do my best.

Hi mamas!

Jess--I'm so sorry about your little one's gas problems! I have used suppositories MANY times for my kiddos. If they run a couple of days without a poop, they got a suppository, and like magic, everything started running smoothly again. I use a half of a kids' suppository -- not the whole thing.

Kate--I'm really not sure what's in the pp I bought. Should have checked. :eek: I just got the Whole Foods brand whey protein powder. Theyr brand is usually reputable and all-natural, but I'll double check. I was going to start it tonight. If I start gaining weight, I'll not use it anymore. I just don't get enough protein as it is right now. And in my Clean Eating cookbook many of Tosca's recipes have protein powder in them, so I figure it's OK...

So what is everyone up to today?? I need to finish up my mound of laundry and clean this nasty house. My muscles feel much better today. I took an ibuprofin before bedtime last night and I think I may start doing that each night to combat DOMS. It stinks to get old!! Speaking of which, I found a TON of gray hairs today hiding underneath my brown hair. :( Oh well... Hope everyone has a great day!!

Steph - yeah I cut his in half too but they were infant size anyway. someone at my church said one of their babies was like that and it was that way till 4 months. ugh :(
How does the protein powder taste? I've about given up on them cause I don't like the taste and I think I eat enough protein anyway.

happy monday ladies!

jess, dont worry, you are still so early pp i cant believe how much wo and other stuff you actually get done! im so happy for you getting to see your dh soon, enjoy your time. pasta is always a hit with the men =) and i will eat it with them but always give myself a smaller portion with dbl veg or salad instead. i made a baked ziti the other day for dh bday and my big guys LOVED it. recipe was from the neelys show on food network but i used lowfat cheeses, wh wheat pasta, turkey sausage and dbl spinach. i always put "real" cheese on the top tho, thats how i fool them =) try that one while hes home!

kate, you never missa workout, i think you are due some ice cream every once in a while, try to enjoy it guilt-free! i know its hard tho. finally made those pizza bites for a party this wkend. used wh wheat dough, and low sodium turkey pepperoni but a ton of fresh mozz... thats what made so gooey and good. keep those fab recipes coming! one day i will try making bread and youll have to be my mentor. do you use a breadmaker or by hand?

stephanie, im also on schedule for clean max today... laundry, packed baby clothes that are too small. be careful with too many ibus! funny i really enjoy doms except for triceps, thats the worst to me. or really bad in the hamstrings when you can barely sit down to pee! otherwise it feels like a badge of honor or something =)

definitely a cirucit for me today. i love them and since im just getting back on track its best for to do something i really enjoy! maybe LIC today depending on the time.

hi to all the other mommas -- have a great day!

wendy

Wendy! How adorable!!! I love those big brown eyes and little squishy cheeks!! How cute!!

I've totally forgotten how to put an avatar picture in... I think when I did it it was truly trial and error...

Jess--I haven't tried the pp yet, but I'm not expecting it will taste good. I'll let you know.

Hi Wendy, You have to go to User CP at top of page and then select edit Avatar.

Hi everyone.

Jess... not too sure about Liam's gassiness. Sorry that you were up all night. That poor little guy. It's good that he got some relief though.

Wendy.. I'm with you about the cleaning!! I'm going through all my old clothes and taking what I can't wear to Goodwill... then I'll start on the books. You little man is sooooo adorable!!!!

Stephanie... You are doing sooooo great on the workouts!! Please send some motitavition my way:)

Kate..you are so right about watching what we eat... that is my problem!
---------

on tap for me today is another round with my treadmill.... maybe 3-4 miles then some upper body weights. brought a mini trampoline the other day and was hoping around.... boy am I out of shape... I was huffing and puffing :confused: but I am going jump on it a little today too. Later everyone... I had an early day from work today so I am spending some mommie and me time with Annissa.. She's sleeping though. My DS is out running around with his friends-- hard to spend mommie and me time with him... he just rolls his eyes and says...."whatever mom!! i've got my cell phone... call if you need me".

Last edited:
Nursing P while she falls asleep for her morning nap. Just a quick post since she's still nursing. Yesterday was a terrible eating day. No wo either. Will do PUB today though. I am totally wanting to eat junk right now though and I don't know why. Probably stress? Anyway, be back in a bit.

Lisa

Hi Ladies!

Stephanie- I've found the easiest and best way for me to drink protein powder is to just mix it with milk in the magic bullet. It makes it kinda frothy and gets the powder mixed up pretty well. I had a couple mishaps just trying to stir it in and the powder got all clumpy. Yuck!

Kate- I also agree about eating clean. I'm trying to get my calories in check and then I'm going to start cleaning up my diet. You all are already and inspiration! I told DH yesterday that my passion for clean eating and exercise is coming back to the level it was before Anna was born. Yeah!

Jess- So sorry about the little one's tummy troubles. It's so heartbreaking when we can't help them!

Wendy- those pizza bites sound yummy! Pizza is a definite downfall for me. My DH is from Boston (Groveland actually, up near Haverill on the north shore). I love it up there!

I've gotten in my 1RM tests for today and am taking a break to nurse Ellie. I'm hoping she goes back to sleep before Anna wakes up so I can do a little cardio and abs.

Hi to all the other mommies!

Sydney--Sounds like you're doing great yourself! You don't need inspiration from me!! :) Sorry your DS isn't allowing you to spend a lot of time with him. That must be a tricky age.

Lisa--Sorry yesterday was rough. Today is a new day though. I know what you mean about wanting junk food. My new favorite "treat" when I want something sweet is to take plain greek yogurt and drizzle some honey in it and add a few chocolate chips. It's packed with protein and is filling and yummy. And I don't sweat the chocolate chips because I firmly believe everyone needs a little chocolate in their lives. :p

gfmom--THanks for the pp suggestion. I don't have a magic bullet, but I may have to get one! I'll use the blender. Did you get your cardio in during naptime? (also, what's your name? I feel so odd calling you gfmom!)

---
CLX on tap tonight. CAN'T WAIT!! Boys are bathed already. I took them outside this afternoon and set up the water sprinkler, and the old guy next door's new puppy, which Henry ADORES came out and played with my boys. Well, Henry took him back to the neighbor's house and was trying to help him get him on his leash and the neighbor snapped at Henry and told him to go home. :( How ugly was THAT?? My kid provides that puppy with so much play and exercise that his owner can't and he snaps at him. Some people... Not to mention, the dog has stollen toys, play shoes, destroyed Henry's soccer ball (which he uses during soccer season), etc. and all was forgiven. And he has the gaul to snap at him. Hmpf!! :mad: Oh well, they are tired out and clean, so that's all that ultimately matters. :p Hope you all have had a great day!!

My internet is down and I've missed you ladies somehting fierce today! I'm using Mike's laptop right now but I likely won't be able to get back on til tmrw night! WAH! BOO!!!

Eats are good. Did some awesome core work and stretching earlier today - tonight I did STS legs.

Jess, yay to DH!!!!

Wendy, I can post some bread recipes....it'll be a cpl days probably as my *(&(*^ internet is down.
JJ is as cute as he can be!!! I wanna KISS his cheeks!

Stephanie, THat REALLY STINKS about your neighbor! YUCK! Glad you guys had a good day tho!
Have fun CLXing tonight!

gfmom, Glad you're feeling so motivated! That's more than half the battle! Hope you got your WO in!

-
See you ladies tmrw night.....sniff, sniff! :(:p

Kate--Stinks about your computer!! :( See ya tomorrow night!! Enjoy your day!

Did my CLX cardio and a Cathe STS ab circuit workout. Tried my protein powder and liked it. Hopefully these muscles will start growing and eating the #&$*@#@^ fat!! :p Hope everyone has a great evening!!

Hi girls:)

Sorry I haven't been around:( Yesterday Owen jumped off of the kitchen counter and his chin landed on a open cupboard door:confused: So we ended up in emergency getting him stitched up!! Then today my mom showed up unannounced and would not leave:mad: I don't have the best relationship w/ her so it just made my day really stressful:mad: Anyways everyone is in bed and I am enjoying a quiet house:)

Kate-sorry about the internet:( I think I am going to cave and get the same carrier you got. It would be really nice for him to ride on my back!! He grabs everything when I have him in the bjorn:p

Stephanie-glad you like your protein powder!! I go back and forth with using them. I got a really good recipe from my body for life cookbook, you mix your powder with milk, 2 tb malted milk, 1tb sugar-free jello pudding mix and ice. It is really yummy:)

gfmom-did you get your cardio and abs in? It's so hard to squeeze wo's in when the kids are so young.

Sydney-glad you got to have some mommy time with Anna:)

Jess-I hope Liam is doing better:( I have never had a gassy baby so I am no help. Hopefully he will grow out of this soon.

Wendy-JJ is adorable!! I love his long eyelashes!

Lisa-Did you get your wo in? I always want to eat junk:p

I did cc vol4 on the elliptical today!! Good sweaty wo:D Love it!

Here is a pic of Ryder and Owen's chin. Owen has a messy face bc he had to have cinnamon twists from taco bell after his tragic experience at the hospital:p

Candra

Attachments

• P6220005.jpg
    P6220005.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
  • P6280013.jpg
    P6280013.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 5

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.