Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

was struggling this morning, but got in some cardio and mobility work in. I chose a shorter cardio from CDorner. I started with a recent cardio for 10 minutes and decided I did not want to learn different choreography and stopped and did Step #143 easy Intermediate, 35 minutes, heart rate 135/177, easy both together was45 minutes , 251 calories, 3,819 steps. I then did mobility hips and shoulders #6, heart rate 85/10, 28 minutes, 54 calories, 69 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 305 calories, 3,888 steps. Joints are still hurting. No weight work for now. I have read that strength training can help, but somehow I have never found that to be the case for me.

Belinda, I don't know how you keep going with the meds. I take half my dose for my one prescription as it leaves me feeling weak and tired. I am going over my supplements and leaving out a few as there is added ingredients that may be increasing my immunity which it is said can cause the RA to be active. I spent a lot of time the last few days researching herbals and some supplements that can cause problems. Why they have to add things to some supplements I do not get. I bought Garden of Life zinc which is fine, but they added a whole list of plants and herbs which includes spirulina which should not be taken when you have RA. Also I think 5htp should not be taken. That has always been in my head for some reason. I would like to figure out what is going on before I go to the doctor and he just wants to switch to stronger meds. I was doing good till we went on that short trip. I often wonder if they read my charts. I go over supplements with their assistant and they adjust things if I quit something.

Hi everyone,

Walk outside and Caroline G. EPICIII UB + Push Up practice is done. I really love Caroline workouts, they are slow and controlled.

Diane - I have no choice but to take the meds. They keep my body from attacking my own body. As I do starting to feel better again. I had Inflammation of the cartilage of the airway, I couldn't breath and I had inflammation in my noise/ear. It's dangerous when my air way gets blocked and I can't breath.I lost my voice and was very horse. My doctors was very concerned when I told him all the symptoms I was experiencing. It also scared me to be honest. I knew what I was experiencing wasn't anything I have felt before. I was suppose stop my meds this week and to get the covid vaccine. As long as, I am on steroids and high doses of immune depressed meds I can't get vaccinate. I never was off the immune depressed meds when I relapsed last week, I was on a too low of a does. I relapsed on a lower does. I should have listen to my doctors. My rheumatologist been telling me from the beginning to be careful on supplements/herb since they can interfere with the meds I take. I am very careful with herbs. When I saw my physician last week, his assistant reminded me of 2 does of vaccine I had before covid. I totally forgot about it. I probably can't take since it's a live vaccine.

Good night.

Belinda, being able to breathe is more important than trying to get rid of meds for sure. I am sorry that you need higher doses. I know how much you wanted to get off of them. So, does that mean that you cannot get the vaccine or that you just have to wait till you are doing better and enough time since the vaccine you had before covid?
My daughter was talking to me today and she said she understood why I did not want to go to anything stronger. I have bad reactions to most meds and generally start with a lower dose knowing I am going to have problems. I try to research meds and reacting with herbals and that sort of thing. I am thinking this current problem is caused by an ashwagandha supplement I bought at Walmart. I swear I have never had a problem with it before, but I took only half of the dose as it was more than double what I would usually use. Then there was some other herbals in it that I went back and researched. For some reason I thought all of the stuff on the bottom of the list was probiotics. Then when I started figuring the pain and everything started when I started taking it. Also Ashwagandha causes some drowsiness for me. As I researched I found it causes an increase in the immune system and so it makes the body attack itself so not good for RA. I need to read the labels better for sure. I have been plugging more things into the computer trying to be sure there is not something to cause problems. Most of my stuff is listed as okay on Arthritisfoundation.org . I did read that often you need more D when you are taking immuno- depression drugs. I did not know that hydroxychloraquine is an immuno-suppressant. Not as bad as a lot of other drugs. Anyway, I am starting to feel somewhat better with not taking the ashwagandha. Still needing naps during the day even after hours of sleep at night. I do wonder why some things that help with immunity are okay and some are not. I think it depends on some cytokine affect from the particular substance.

Diane - be carful with those supplements/herbs. Sometimes we think it's good but it isn't.I also have problems with medicine. I had the first shingles vaccine in 2019 I am up for the second one. I not taking hydroxychloraquine?I am take high doses of methotrexate to control RP. Glad you are feeling better. I need to get ready for DD washer. BBL

Reactions: WD
Hi,

The washer/dryer got delivered before 8 am. Once we left, DD called us letting us know the washer wasn't draining. This is the washer/dryer from hell. We are on the phone with Costco and GE. We probably will exchange this one since she already has so many problems. The washer/dryer looks really good, just doesn't work.

I did Caroline G. EPIC ABS AND GLUTES - Dumbbell Workout, Hip Thrusts | EPIC III Day 3

Have a great day.

Belinda, I am much better today. I hope that the washer and dryer is delivered as promised. I knew you were on methotrexate. There was another med the doctor mentioned to me that I could try, but after I asked about it being an immunosuppressent and would it affect the kidney and liver he said no then when I almost went for it and he was going to call the pharmacy he said I would have to come in every few months to get my kidneys and liver checked? So I told him I would stay with the hydroxychloraquine. I can't remember what the medicine was, but I have read all about Methatrexate. Even my daughter said I should avoid it. I understand that that is the best alternative for some people though. That is why it is there to use.

I forgot my workout. Today I did CoffeyFit Raw Kickboxing Outside so that I would not be doing a lot of jumping or stepping. Thisw was 40 minutes, heart rate 147/179, 254 calories, 2,491 steps. I also did the stretch portion of CDorner step, box, and stretch which was 18 minutes, which started at 51 minutes into the workout time, heart rate 74/87, 23 calories, 75 steps, He says you can do one segment or all of them. It starts with step and the warm up, then kickboxing at 31 minutes. Total time today was 58 minutes, 2,566 steps, 277 calories.

Belinda, I had both of my Shingrix vaccines the year before the covid outbreak. Also had my pneumonia vaccine then too, just spaced out along with the flu shot.

Diane - the rheumatologist only put you on Methotrexate if you have severe RP. I already tried everything else after I was hospitalized. I know what the meds do, I try not to read it. It's scary. I wanted to get off. Had no idea I am right back where I started. My doctors want to to stay on the meds long term. I have to get my kidney/liver tested every 3 month for the reasons you mention. Wished I could take something else, but nothing else was working. I am also on another round of steroids. I hate taking these meds :( I am going to have to look your meds up.

DD got her washer/dryer. Looks great except the washer is broken. We have to replace that one too.

After I got the shingrix vaccine covid hit, I forgot until last week when my doctors nurses reminded me. I have to run this by my rheumatologist first before I get any vaccines. I never got the pneumonia vaccine.

Great job today.

Belinda, I hope they can come up with something better for you as time goes by. Since it is not a well known illness I am sure they are trying to find the best thing to do what needs to be done. I wonder if they will say it is okay to get the pneumonia vaccine. For some reason I thought I had read somewhere that when taking immune suppressants that that the person should not get a flu shot. So wondering about the pneumonia and shingrix. That was the second pneumonia vaccine I have gotten. After I had pneumonia once they gave me the vaccine.

Good morning,

SBF UB circuit is done.

Diane - unfortunately there isn't anything else they can come up with other than what they are already doing/or I am taking. RP is rare and there isn't a cure for it. The first case of RP was in 1926, I doubt at this rate they will come up with anything. There are not enough people with the disease to study. I can't get any live vaccine.

Need to get ready for my PT. BBL

Today I needed to go to the grocery store so I just did a short workout to get some movement in. I did CDorner Step, Box and stretch, Step box and 5 minutes of the kickboxing, 25 minutes, 159 calories, heart rate 147/175, 2,711 steps. I followed with CDorner 10 minute after step workout, 12 minutes, 19 calories, heart rate 80/101, 115 steps. 37 minutes total time, 178 calories, 2,826 steps.

Belinda, nice work with SBF circuit today today. I read a long piece by a woman who kept fighting with her emotions as she went to so many doctors and had so many tests and meds tried. They finally had come up with it being a auto immune disease that was attacking her body. I don't think her diagnosis ever came to a specific name for it. She followed people on facebook groups trying to come up with help and adjusted her diet, tried supplements. Finally she just determined that she was going to have to deal with times where inflammation hit and she was going to be in pain. I don't even know how I came across this article. I think it was when I was researching refrigerator filter water and toxins and bacteria in the water. Most was attributed to bacteria in the filtration system and the germs that stay on the ice and water dispenser from people refilling cups, water bottles and that sort of thing and leaving bacteria that keeps growing. I clean mine off all of the time because I don't want hard water on it. But, it did give me pause as I even get water from there for the dog bowl. I read that you can spray rubbing alcohol on it and let it dry and not wipe it off. Anyway I sprayed it with my antibacterial spray and let it sit for an hour and wiped it off. It kind of bothers me. The thing was I was trying to find info on safety of water and for those with auto immune disorders. The story made me think of you and all of the things you are dealing with.

Today I did CDorner 60 minute step aerobics and strength, 66 minutes, used 5 and 10# dumbbells, heart rate 130/164, 315 calories, 3,189 steps. The weight work is done at a lower pace. I also did Jessica Smith Yoga neck and shoulders and part of chest and back, 29 minutes, heart rate 84/114, 62 calories. I forgot to check the steps on the yoga. Total time was 95 minutes, 377 calories.
I liked the Step Aerobics and Strength. It altered a step segment of around 6 minutes with a weight segment that was repeated two times except the final one.I don'e know for sure what Chris and Vet Joe used for weight.

Hi,

I went for a long walk this morning and did SBF TB.

I am getting ready for the DD's event.

Diane - I wonder why the lady isn't seeing a Rheumatologist if she has rare autoimmune disease? That doesn't make sense to me.There is a list of rare autoimmune diseases like RP. Something doesn't sound right. Great job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Drills, 30 minutes, heart rate 144/175, 184 calories, 2,161 steps. I was having problems with youtube working this morning so I was not able to do the hips and abs with the pilates ball and dumbbell that I wanted to do. So, I did Coffey Fit Raw 4 day split hips, glutes, abs wearing 2 1/2 lb ankle weights, 32 minutes, 8/115 heart rate, 71 calories(this was all on the floor), 188 steps.
I finished with CDorner foam rolling upper back and part of the hips portion along with Coffey Fit Raw stretch finisher that is about 8 minutes, so total for rolling and stretch was 25 minutes, 36 calories, 17 steps, heart rate 70/83. Total time was 88 minutes, 281 calories, 2,366 steps. I did the CDorner foam rolling off of my tablet as Youtube played on my tablet, just not the two workout room tv's with Roku and Apple TV. I really don't get it. I checked for updates and linked it again to my cell account. I did not really need to see the workout with CDorner foam rolling. Just used it for a guideline to make sure I held a position long enough. I have done it a lot.

Belinda, I hope your daughter's event went well. Nice work getting the workout and walk in today. I think the lady did see a rhuematologist and she had used meds. It was a real long piece that she wrote, starting with her lying in bed with her husband and daughter watching her in so much pain. And then went through all of the negative things and things tried, and no one at first come up with a reason for it as she saw different doctors and went through testing. Then she went through all kinds of natural things and the anti inflammatory diet, vegan diet, switching up what seemed to help and finally was able to feel better to the point almost pain free. Then she found she still had to deal with flares in between good times. I went back looking for it, and can't remember where I pulled all of it up from. Also the last thing she gave up was coffee. I often think of the negatives of caffeine and really do not want to do it. I like to drink Cold brew in the summer, but I do not find it in bottles in decaf or sugared ones. I usually buy Chameleon. I purchased some Just Decaf from Black RIfle and just made some myself. That works so I am not consuming as much caffeine.
edited to say: the woman did say that she went to forums and read all kinds of different things that some said worked for them. She said not all things work for all people. I would agree with that, because we all have different problem areas.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I did Carline G. FUNDAMENTAL Back, Biceps and Core Workout - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 6 is done.

I will try to be back later and catch up on personals

Today I did CDorner Advanced Step fast # 146, 57 minutes, heart rate 139/172, 4,491 steps, 318 calories. I then did CDorner Hips and upper back just back portion foam rolling and Feel Good flow and relax mobility workout stopping at the yogi squats(this is the one I had just done when my knee stuck afterward) Total time for both was 33 minutes, 51 calories, 47 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 369 calories, 4,538 steps.

Belinda, nice work getting Epic III Day 6 done. I guess these are Carolyn Givens?

Good morning,

Yesterday DS, DH, Cooper and I walked over 4 miles on a trail in Arlington. Today I Caroline G. RESILIENT LEG DAY WORKOUT - Lower Body Complexes - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 7 is done. That one was a tough one. We are getting ready to go to the zoo today. Today is the last day my son is here.

Diane - yes, it is. Great job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I diid CDorner Quick 30 minute step intermediate, 34 minutes, 222 calories, 151/174, 2,798 steps. I liked this one. It was not hard to follow, but still challenging enough to not get bored. I followed it with the Sweaty Hiit Mobility loosen up and flow, 32 minutes, 60 calories, heart rate 84.108, 111 steps. She does this one with a timer for the group of moves that you flow through. I liked it although there is one round with some bear, but you are not holding it for long, it flows through to up dog and down dog moves. Also a yogi squat, but again you hold the squat for a shorter amount of time and step back or hop back plank up dog and yogi squat to stand. I think I got that right. She does a lying relax thing at the end and when she laid down I grabbed my foam roller and did upper back and she does a short stretch for for upper body before you are finished. I wouldn't call it hiit though. Funny how they use that word and tabatas for workout types that do not have anything to do with what that originally meant. Oh, and total time was 66 minutes, 2,909 steps, 282 calories.

Belinda, nice work on the Carolyn Givens workout again. I have one of her workouts that I have saved for watch later a long time ago. I think that Doreen posted it once. I hope you enjoy your last day with your son.

Today I did CDorner 60 minute lower body from today, but skipped all of the floor work. I did not want to put pressure on my shoulder getting down on the floor. THis was 44 minutes for me, 135 calories, heart rate 104/185, 1,228 steps. I liked what I did, but stuck with 15# dumbbells for all of it. Chris used some 20s and even 30's once. I then did CDorner Lower Body 15 minute stretch, 24 calories. I also did the foam roller upper back that I have been doing a lot, but not with the video, I was watching some bits of other vids for rotator cuff injuries and I saved a couple of Youtube vids of Dr Joe that Chris has mentioned for neck and one for rotator cuff. They are 20 minutes. Total time 59 minutes, 159 calories.
Lower body used dumbbells and the fabric bands. I used the medium one.
Band on wall squat with 1 dumbbll 15# and a calf raise/knee out while on the wall
band and 15# lateral leg raise 2 reps/ suat/half squat
all right then all left
no weight just band step out twice to one side and back in squat all right all left
low walk forward and back with band on
banded deadlift and leg lift behind 15# dumbbells
get rid of band
15# dbs deadlift and squat
1 dumbbell 15# curtsy /passeknee turn in and out all right side then all left
3 pulse squats 1 db and band
1 db 15# reverse lunge cross back/knee up all right then all left
regular deadlifts 15# dbs
reverse lunge hold/squat hold alternating
she moves to floor work here
ends with dead lift/ sumo squat 4 rounds of 30 seconds each move
stretch

Hi,

I walked and did I EPIC Shoulder, Chest & Triceps!

Diane - great job yesterday and today. Hopefully you like Caroline as much as I do. I like the slower pace.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.