Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Cathe Live #327 Christmas Wonderland 202, 46 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 116/146, 3,240 steps. This uses 3 and 5 # dumbbells and does not have a lot of high impact in it. First 24 minutes works on the floor and around a mat then at 24 minutes Cathe uses the step top. It was kind of fun. Maybe a bit much on my shoulders though. There is some squat thrusts and burpees. I also did Walk Strong 3 Abs Add on with Jessica Smith, 16 minutes, 29 calories, heart rate 92/121, 120 steps. I finished with the first 10 minutes of Walk Strong 3 deeps stretch, 8 calories, 8 steps. I got the house cleaned and then the people showed up too early, then canceled their walk through our house. I guess I won't be cleaning house tonight.
Total time was 72 minutes, 240 calories, 3,368 steps.

Belinda, I think that you can get nice shape to the legs with bands and light weight work. I always found I got nicer shape with barre type work and floor work.

Today I ended up doing a Halloween Costume 80's style step class on youtube (on New Year's - ha!)

I saw Kelly is doing Live workouts today on Facebook and will add to the App. I'll have to wait until I re-subscribe.

I'm trying to decide if I should follow one of the many youtube programs starting up with the New Year. Carolyn Girvan has Epic II starting and Sydney Cummings has Ignite starting and Lindsay Bomgren (who is one of the GHUTV instructors) has one starting too.... choices choices!! Or maybe I just keep doing whatever sounds good on any given day like I've been doing. HA!

Reactions: WD
Happy New Year everyone,

Today I did BARLATES Hotel Room Cardio Sculpt + UB plus Fit in 5 Mat Abs. The ab workout was tough. My back started to hurt. Had to modify some of the moves in sculpt and UB, she did a lot on her knees. I did them standing.

Diane - I agree, lighter weights/high reps/bands will get you in nice shape. People always think you have to go very heavy.

Doreen - I also saw all of them posting new programs for the new year. I still have CL on tap. I have no idea when those gift cards expire? Need to check on them. so many great programs coming up.

Looking forward to 2020 being GONE too! See you all in 2021.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs 45 minutes, 232 calories, heart rate 125/158, 3,748 steps.
I then did Raw 5 day Strength day 3 just a little of the abs section that was shoulder intensive and then the legs, 21 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 86/130, 325 steps. Total time was 66 minutes, 273 calories, 4,073 steps.
Legs was 5 sets of both moves
front squat 1 and 1 halfs 10 reps started first two sets holding a 30# dumbbell, I then use 15's for the last 3 sets of 10
Bridges with shoulders on step 30# dumbbell for two sets of 10 reps then 10 pulses then dropped to 25# dumbbell for final 3 sets last set has somewhere around 30 pulses at the end.

Doreen, I saw Kelly was doing live work today on her facebook group. I didn't check it out though as I was in a hurry and would have had to bring my downstairs laptop upstairs because I do not know my husbands log in to facebook that he set up for me on my downstairs lap top. I will just do them from the app. She did another a few days ago on the facebook group that was done as several different stations she set up in her garage and went through timed exercises and then repeated the stations. One station was holding onto a stool and jumping feet as high as she could get off the floor.

Belinda, I saw today's Cathe live was supposed to be upper body so I decided that was a no go right now. My neck and shoulders are feeling what I have already done. I will probably do a just cardio with Cathe Live tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone,

Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year.Let's make the new year a good one. I am so ready for a new year.

This morning I did STS M2 Week 1 Disc 15. I will do some BARLATES workouts later. I am up early, maybe my DD and DIL will join me, lol

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Good morning,

I did Barlates Hotel Room Cardio Core = 17 min + Fit Ball Inner and Outer Thighs = 38 min. Once it warms up outside I will go for a walk.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Today I did Yvette Bachman Christmas workout. It was fun, but I am pooped. Getting ready to do Kelly's 5 day strength stretch. Yvette was 63 minutes (with 3 stops for ads!) 348 calories, heart rate 128/178, 5,612 steps. This really got my heart rate, but there were a few times I saw it drop to 100. The warm up was exhausting. I was glad the intervals were not as long at one thing as the warm up.
Day 5 Raw stretch, 35 minutes, 38 calories, 67 steps. Total time 98 minutes, 386 calories, 5,650 steps.

Belinda nice work with Barlates today. I am ready for a new year too :)

Since I have an appointment to take my granddaughter in the morning, I decided to workout today instead. I did Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper Body, 46 minutes, 96 calories, heart rate 93/154, 735 steps.
Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper
supersets all body parts except back, 45 seconds work, 3 sets each body part Kelly's weights 25#, 20,15,10# all dumbbells and only need 1 25#
warm up 6 minutes

Biceps superset(Kelly uses 20's)
supination curl 15# dbs 11 reps; 12# dbs 10 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps (raised back up because 12's felt to light)
superset with front curls 15# dbs 11 reps; 12# dbs 8 reps; changes to hammer curls 15# dbs 10 reps

Back (25# Kelly)
step and 25# db 11; 8;9 reps

Shoulders (Kelly uses 15's)
seated overhead press 10# dbs 13 reps; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating
superset with bent arm lateral raise 8# dbs 12 reps; 8# dbs alternating 13 reps; 8# dbs 9 reps

Chest(Kelly uses 20's)
bench close grip press 15# dbs 9 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps
super set with pullovers (Kelly used two dumbbells I used 1) 15# db 9;9;11 reps

Triceps (Kelly uses 15's)
skull crusher 15's 10 reps; 10's 13 reps; 10 13 reps
superset with Dips (Kelly says can sub overhead press) 17; 14; 14 reps

Stretch

Hi everyone,

DH and I walked outside this afternoon. My son and DIL gave my a year of CL. Today I did CL#1 Bootcamp = 60 min. Loved it. Cathe did kickboxing intervals, very fun. She also added some weight workout/ab at the end. Had a great workout.

Diane - fantastic job with your workout. Glad Kelly gave you some modifications.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Belinda, Kelly listens to what women on the group says and she tries to help with problems. She switched from straight curls to hammer as she said it felt a little better on the forearms. She does that quite a bit. There is another workout I just did where she starts the first round with front squats (5 day strength lower) and switches right away to on her back as she said it was not feeling good for her right then. She does that a lot if something feels uncomfortable and will usually say why.
Nice that you and your husband got out for a walk. Cathe has so many live workouts it takes awhile to make choices. I am sure that you will have fun with them.

Good morning,

STS Meso 2 Week 2 Disc 16 Chest/Shoulder/Triceps plus Barlates Double Burn Flow is done.

Diane - if my son & daughter in law wouldn't bought me a subscription for CL I probably would have signed up for KCM. She seems like she cares for her customers. I like that. Yes, Cathe has a lot of live workouts. I will work my way though them eventually. My goal is to work through them all, I got a year to do it. I like the BC workout yesterday, had to modify the high impact. I burned a ton of cal. I still like to go outside to get some fresh air plus I get vitamin D at the same time.

Jen

I will be back later.

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL# 327 Christmas Wonderland 2020. The workout was Metabolic.Cathe's uses very light weights like 5's and 3's. Fun workout. I wanted to do this one before it's too late to do a Christmas workout. Then I Barlates Double Burn Mat. I need to start reading descriptions. I thought it was a lower body instead it was a TB workout. Great workout, she did 2 rounds upper/2 rounds lower/ 2 rounds abs. My abs burned in a good way.

Diane - hope you have a great workout today.

BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Time to Hiit it Low Impact, 40 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate 121/169, 3,139 steps. This was a good low impact workout with familiar moves from Cathe's other low impact workouts. She uses an 8# dumbbell. I modified any overhead moves with the 8#. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Lower Body, 47 minutes(42 actual) 109 calories, heart rate 92/129, 1,145 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 306 calories, 4,284 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Lower Body 42 minutes
Kelly uses 20# dumbbells for most and some 15’s suggested as well. Done in supersets of 25 seconds work and 15 seconds recover done in 3 sets for each superset

Squat 17.5# Dumbbells (Kelly 20)10 rep; 11 reps; 13 reps

Superset with air squat up onto toes 52; 27; 31 reps (may have been going fast on first set

Reverse lunge 15# dbs (Kelly 20 I think) 12 reps; 12 reps 17.5 # dbs 10 reps
superset with reverse lunges arms overhead 28 reps; with pulses 12 reps; 12 reps

Plie squats 1 db(Kelly 20#) 25# 22 reps; 18 reps; 14 reps

Superset with 4 plie 1 pop dquat 11;12;12 reps

Front Lunge /side lunge 15# dbs 7; 6; 8 reps

Superset with body weight side lunge 26; 27; 24 reps

Bridges no weight uses a mat Figure 4 25 reps right 25 reps left; leg up 25 right 25 left; leg up 25 right 30 left??

Stretch

Belinda, getting outside in the sun always makes me sleep better at night. I think we are not meant to be shut up in our houses all of the time. I am bad about not getting outside, but last summer I would deliberately go out and work in the yard and stuff and it really made a difference in how I felt. Kelly really does care about her customers. She does extra things for the ladies in the train smart facebook group. She pointed out on the workout today if you don't like doing the front lunge just do only the side lunges. She really spent a lot of time on form pointers and importance with the lower I did today. She gets into a lot of boxing with her workouts. Cathe has a lot of choices now. Still she does do an awful lot that hits my neck and shoulders and they get fast paced which is rather unsafe for me. I really do modify the moves or just do my own move when it is something that I know I should not attempt.

Good morning,

STS M2 W2 D17 Legs is done. That's it for me today. I probably will do a stretch or walk later.

Diane - I love being outside. I am not an indoor person. Glad you enjoy KCM workouts. I don't know why I bought most of her workouts? I never do them. In her videos she seems to really have bad form, IMO! When I do her workouts, I can't look at the screen. I know a lot of people like her workouts. Maybe I need to give her another try. I do like the 30 min workouts. What I learned trough my injuries throughout the years, I don't care how fast an instructors goes I go my own pace. I pretty much modify all Cathe's Hiit workouts. I do wished she had a modifier in her workouts. I rather walk outside before I do a hit workout, lol.

Gotta get moving! BBL!

I forgot to post here this morning. I did a mobility workout which felt great. I think I need to try to do more of this type of workout this year but I just get used to working harder.

Sunshine and fresh air really do make a difference! I do miss that since I no longer run outside most of the year. But I don't see myself picking up running again like I did when I was younger.

Today's workout Coffey Fit Raw Step 4, 30 minutes, 153 calories, heart rate 123/148, 3,086 steps. I then did Cathe Live 101 Step and Pump (only w/u and step skipping blast and weights) I have made note of this for this workout in the past for a shorter cardio. 27 minutes, 137 calories, heart rate 122/160, 2,621 steps. I then did Lite Extended stretch #1, 12 minutes, 11 calories, 5,7018 steps.

Belinda, Nice work today on STS. You are so good at sticking to rotations. I have certain dvds of Kellys that I love and some I don't. I really like her Raw workouts a lot and I don't know how to explain it, but she is more personable? Music is better as well for a lot of them. I think that her later dvds are better than earlier ones. Although I still love a couple of the first ones. Her dvds have a lot of premixes though which are nice. She puts her dvds on her Raw channel as well as the Raw workouts. Only some premixes from the dvds though. With Cathe, I sometimes just do my own move if I don't think I should do what she is doing or do something like speed skaters or something instead of a bunch of plyo. I can do some, but if I pound a lot I end up with sore knees and I think it jars my neck a lot. We need to pay attention to our individual needs.

Doreen, mobility workouts feel good and I know they are important. I am getting better at not feeling like I should have got a tougher workout in.

Good morning,

I also walked outside yesterday. Plan on going for a walk once the sun comes out today. Waiting for CL today.

So sad & crazy what happened in DC yesterday:(

Today was Barlates Mix & Match Upper 80 - 10. She did 15 rounds, 80 sec on/10 sec rest. She only used 2's and 3's. This one burned big times. Sweaty workout. Linda comes up with some very unique moves. Loved it. This one is a non YouTube workout. I also have her Mix & Match lower. I probably will pull one out this week. I am trying trough run through her downloads.

Diane - maybe her raw workouts are better than her dvd's. If that is the case I will give her a try when my CL subscription runs out in a year, lol. I don't like having too many subscriptions, it overwhelms me. I do agree about Cathe. Great job yesterday.

Doreen - I no longer can run outside anymore. That doesn't stop me from walking outside. Great job and thank you about the CL spreed sheets. I am trying to figure out how to download them.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

I just did CL # Boxing Hiit Express”.Very fun and short workout, I think the workout clocked in under 30 min or maybe right at 30 min.I started my Apple Watch 3 min before the CL aired. There was a little impact like jumping jacks/burpees/ scissors) I modified them all. The scissors I did on my rebounder.

That was my first Thursday Cathe Live workout. So fun!

That's it for me today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.