Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I did YouTube Sarah Beth yoga for low back and sciatica, 31 minutes, 68 calories. I had to take my husbands Range Rover to the shop, so that is all I did. I am not feeling a workout, so will wait till tomorrow. I got to bed later than usual after my granddaughter's wedding last night. It was a beautiful wedding.

Doreen, I remember that workout, she messes up and goes back and does it if I remember right.

Belinda, good job getting your workout in.

This morning I did Piyo strength intervals which is yoga/pilates based moves strength alternated with cardio, pretty low intensity. This was 23 minutes, 147 calories, heart rate average 114, max 141,, 1,192 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Trim Down Kellys mix using 5 and 8 # dumbbells. I did not do the romanian deadlift upright row, instead I subbed squat and bicep curl for that 1 minute segment, 21 minutes, 129 calories, heart rate average 127, max 153, 876 steps. This was pretty easy for me as the cardio is boxing. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga doing the Sciatica Low back plus a bit more from her stuff, 41 minutes, 90 calories. Total today was 85 minutes, 366 calories.

Good evening,

I had my Mother's day today instead of tomorrow. It's suppose to rain starting tomorrow until next week. Not looking forward to all that rain. Anyway, my kids took me to our favorite winery. They reserved a table outside. My kids decorated the table was nicely decorated with lots of goodies and fresh flower . We got so many compliments on the flowers. Since it was mother day I ate a little of everything. Had some really good wine, good food and amazing company. I couldn't ask for more. Mother's day and the weather was perfect :)

I did do another kickboxing workout from YT :) Burned off lots of calories and it was a lot of fun. I also did SBF mat workout. I didn't finished that one yesterday. Susanne had scheduled 2 workouts, wasn't in the mood to do 2.

Diane Sue - great job subbing other exercise to meet your needs. I do it a lot lately.

That's it for me today. Have a great evening.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, that sounds like a very pleasant mother's day :) I bet the flowers were very pretty. My family is coming later tomorrow. We are expecting some rain the first part of next week. Tomorrow will be nice.

I really wasn't sure what to do today. So I did S&S PHA. Its hard to go wrong with that IMO - cardio and weights and it hits upper and lower all together. I used about 10 lbs heavier than Cathe for all the lower body moves but kept the upper at her weight.

Today I did You Tube Sarah Beth 20 minute yoga for energy and weight loss, 25 minutes, 61 calories, met 2.2. I then did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body timesaver mix 12 double triceps and biceps, 45 minutes(37 actual) met 4.5, 184 calories, 613 steps. I finished off with Sarah Beth 10 minute cool down yoga for legs and hips 13 minutes, 30 calories, met 2.1. Total time was 83 minutes, 275 calories.
I am feeling somewhat better today. I am not taking any Advil or anything like that. Just stretching and trying to keep the nutrition right. I am hoping to maybe do the some of the Ramped Up workouts the rest of this week. Maybe when the hip as all better I will try some floor work like on the Ice dvd.
I kept the weights with what Cathe used today.
Triceps
close grip bench press 20# dbs 8reps, 12 reps
triceps dips 32 reps, 16 reps
triceps lying extensions 10# dbs 10 reps, 4 reps with pulse between each, 8 reps
triceps standing overhead extensions 12#dbs, 10 reps
band kickbacks
Repeat all
Biceps
biceps hammer curls 15# dbs 12 reps
biceps sweeping curls 15# 12 reps
biceps isolation curls 12# dbs 4 reps
standing biceps culrs 15# dbs 12 reps
biceps crazy tubing 24 reps /24 reps
repeat all

Hey ladies,

Had a doc appointment about my heal this morning. It's been bordering me for month. I think I mention it before that I think I had a heal spur. The pain in my left heal is getting worst. Got a shot last week in my right knee. I am falling apart.

Diane Sue - nice job today.

Doreen - I agree PHA is good.

We having really bad weather, at the moment we have Tornato warnings. About an hour ago we had quarter size hail. I thought it was going to break my windows. Brawler was so scared. I had to give him something to calm him down :(

Belinda I remember you mentioning the heal spur. The xrayed mine once and I had a bone spur, but it was not bothering me, my problem was PF. I never had to do anything about it. The doctor said as long as I could still work out and it not bothe she would not recommend going to a podiatrist. I hope that you can find relief without surgery on that. You should be in my house with the sunroom with a glass roof when hail is hitting. My dog is afraid to go in there. Keep safe. It is thundering here as we speak.

Good morning.

STS M3 Week 3 D20 legs is done. I had to lower my weight a little, still got a great workout in.

Diane Sue -I had a lot of X-ray's done on both of my heals. We shall see. My doc wants me to see a a podiatrist. I need to make an appointment this week. I wished it would stop! Sorry to hear you are going through a lot this year too. Now both my knees are bordering me :(

Waving Hi to Doreen!

See you all tomorrow.

Belinda- so sorry everything is bothering you! Hopefully the x-rays will show something. Good job on your workouts anyway.

I picked up KCM Athletic Conditioning Vol 1 from the library loan yesterday and did it this morning. It was tougher than I anticipated for some reason. I did quite a few of the jumping moves on the rebounder (like the tuck jumps).

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up cardio timesaver mix 11, double back and chest, 45 minutes (38 actual), 228 calories, 96 average heart rate, 136 max. I then did double shoulder mix from Ramped Up upper skipping the warm up and stretch, 20 minutes, 108 average, 141 max, 104 calories. I finished off with YouTube Sarah Beth 15 minute flexibility yoga for hip flexors and hamstrings, 5 minute hip yoga, 10 minute sciatica (up the wall) which I had to finish on my own because the streaming stopped suddenly, but I knew the moves. This was 32 minutes, 75 calories. Total time was 99 minutes, calories burned 407.
weights
back one arm row R 30# 16 reps followed by back 1 arm fly R 10# 10 reps
back one arm row L 30# 16 reps followed by back 1 arm fly L 10# 10 reps
repeat Right and Left
back-pullovers 35# DB 10 rep; 35# 10 rep rear
back rear delt flys 10# dbs 10/10 reps; 10# dbs 10/10 reps
band t rows 32/16 reps
repeat all
chest flys 15# dbs 12 reps followed by push ups pyramid 12,10,8
chest flys 15# 12 reps followed by push ups 4 reps variable movement
Shoulders overhead presses 15# dbs, 12 reps, front raise 15# db 12 reps, lateral raise 5# dbs 8/4 with pulses/8 reps
Shoulders overhead presses 15# dbs 12 reps, front raise 12 reps, lateral raise 8/ 3 with pulses/ 4 reps
shoulders lateral band circles 32 forward/32 back
shoulder band kickback rear delts
repeat all

Doreen, that one is a bit tougher than her others as it was meant for younger athletes. It has a nice stretch on it.

Belinda, I hope that they can give you the help that you need. Maybe there is a connection to all of it?

This morning I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I started with 22 Min Hard Corp Resistance 2 workout and then skipped the cooldown. I put in P09x+ to give it a try (I found at the thrift several months back but hadn't done it) But this is the younger style Tony Horton that is annoying and I stopped after the first exercise. Then I put in Metashred 21 Density Doomsday and finished with that for 30 minutes. Its a 30 minute circuit workout where each round the rest gets shorter and the move is modified slightly to keep making it harder.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Body Design Bootcamp cardio with the warm up, 18 minutes, 117 calories, heart rate average 128, max 166, met 5.9, 1701 steps. I then did Youtube Sarah Beth yoga, weight loss yoga followed by gentle hip opening, a bit more plus I restarted hip opening because it dropped out while doing it. This was 42 minutes, 93 calories. Total time 60 minutes, 210 calories.

Doreen, I have the P90X, P90X+, P90X2, and P90X3. The workout I used most from P90X+ is the abs. You have a pull up bar and you could do the hanging abs that he does in between the other ab moves. I think it is a good one. P90X+ does not have a just a lower body workout. It seems geared more to upper, I hardly remember the Kempo + and I think I did the Interval one a few times. To be honest, I do not hold a love for any of them really. They are just okay. I have found one or two workouts in each that I liked.

Good evening,

My DD is very sick (we think food poising) I am in DC since Monday night. Today I went to her gym, did the elliptical and TM for a while. I didn't get much sleep with DD.

Good job, everyone! BBL!

Belinda- Oh No! Hopefully she is feeling better soon!

This morning I went for long slow cardio... just not wanting anything to killer. So I did a step class from the Gymbox. I did it outside on our cement patio but forgot I hadn't moved any step risers out yet so I only had the step topper. Lots of steps though, 6200.

Yesterday my husband found a Rip60 set at the thrift complete with all 12 DVDs and the suspension trainer. He said he will hang it outside for me for the summer. 2lazy4gym has pretty good reviews on the series so I may start that soon or at least try out the workouts.

Belinda, sending hugs and prayers for your daughter and you :(

Doreen, great job on the steps for the step workout.

Good morning,

Thanks for the well wishes about Aleisa. She is doing a little better, at least she is keeping food down. I will stay in DC until tonight, my son and his wife invite me to an event that is tonight. Depending how late we get out, Aleisa and I will probably drive home tonight.

Yesterday I did STS D21 back/biceps plus a mile walk. Today I will some Kickboxing?

I will be back later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.