Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today was family brunch with limited family. Some went to Ireland this week. When I came home I did some shrub trimming. Feeling a little better today.

Belinda, nice work yesterday. I would imagine some modifications for the calves was needed. Are you doing lots of stretching ?

Hi everyone,

Today I started week 2 of the 4DS. Chest & Biceps is done.

Diane Sue - sounds like you had a lot of fun with your family yesterday. Love brunch. No I don't do a lot of stretching lately.

Good job, everyone.

This morning I did Z Cut Power 5Strength disc 2, workouts 5 and 8(chose ones that do not have burpees) 50 minutes, heart rate 109 average, 140 max, 248 calories, met 4.5, 965 steps. I then did Fit Split Metabolic only timesaver skipping the warm up, 25 minutes, heart rate average 107, max 148, 478 steps, met 4.0. Total time was 75 minutes and calories burned 358.
Metabolic Fit Split Cathe's weights
Z Cut
3 rounds
20 reps alternating step ups (used 5 risers and high step instead of chair) 15# dbs
10 reps push up renegade rows 10# dbs
10 reps 5 each leg deep knee lunge off step 15# dbs
20 reps alternating dumbbell swings 20# kettlebell (they use a dumbbell)
3 rounds
30 reps 15 each leg 1 leg chair stand ups 10dbs 1 set 8's 2 sets
20 reps 1 leg deadlift 10 each 15# dbs
12 reps bent over rows 10's 1 set 15's 2 sets
10 elevated plank chair step downs (used the high step) body weight 10 reps each side

Belinda, I just though maybe some flexibility work might help. Not over doing it though. I caused myself more pain by pushing some yoga positions.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - my knee still makes a lot of cracking noises? I think my MRI is next week. My knee doesn't hurt like it did 3 weeks ago, it still borders me walking up stairs. Weird! I am gonna stay away strong yoga for awhile.

Maybe you will be lucky and the MRI will lead them to let it heal on it's own. I found if I stayed off mine for awhile as far as over use and working out, the pain would let up. I was always too impatient. I remember trying to do that hour long yoga from P90X2 and it would make my knee hurt. My knee would crack too.

Still enjoying Coffeyfit RAW. Yesterday I did the tabata barbell (I have trouble remembering the actual names of workouts) and this morning I did Just Step followed by 15 minutes of Cardio Crush (from the original YT channel).

Good job on your workouts everyone!

Today's workout was Z Cut Power Cardio disc 1 workout 2, 28 minutes, met 6.0, 185 calories, followed by the bonus abs, 12 minutes (with demos which I did without demos it is 9 minutes)50 calories, met 3.8, heart rate average 104, max 139. I then did Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing workout # 1 wearing 1.5# gloves, 33 minutes, 218 calories, met 6.0 heat rate 139 average max, 168. I did not get the heart rate from workout 1 because I somehow stopped my Fit Bit. I used Map My Fitness which is pretty good with cardio. Fit Bit was about 5 more that MMF on Kelly's workout.. Total time was 73 minutes, 453 calories.
I was going to do 2 Z cuts, but I started coughing and wretching at the end, stepped on my dog's foot trying to run for the bathroom. Once the coughing was settled I was okay though. So far I am liking the power strength more than the cardio, but then I have only done two of the cardio workouts, so it is too early to say.
Z Cut cardio time challenge
10 prisoner get ups (had a tough time keeping my hands behind my head)
20 sumo squat jumps
30 side lunge jumps
40 skaters (she touches down to the floor with these)
50 pendulums
60 high knee jumps to planks (she does these in groups of 20 with brief rest and this is where I started really losing it and had to take a bit longer break before the last 20)
70 Plyo jumps (easy after the 60 knee and plank segment)
I did not stretch here because I planned on more cardio
Z Cut abs 2 rounds 4 exercises
5 ab splitters (really 3 moves as a V sit touch toes, V sit with legs split reach through, and knees in touch toes counts as 1)
20 feet elevated on chair knee in and out to side alternating sides
20 competitive sit ups
20 side plank toe touch 10 right and 10 left

Doreen, nice workout. I just found my notebook that I had written the You Tube raw workouts and exercises down in. I kept wondering where I had written them. I like Cardio Crush, it is a good one.

Hi everyone,

SBF Upper Body Core Circuit is done.

Diane Sue - how are you liking Z Cut workouts so far? Good job!

Doreen - enjoy KCM!

That's it for me today. Have a great day.

Belinda, I like most of them. I have previewed the moves and listed them so I can choose accordingly. At least somewhat. They can be tough!! I am not real good at get ups and the prisoner ones had the hands behind the head to the floor and up. I usually have to elbow my way up from the right side to get a boost. I need work on that and the pistols that are in some. The pistols are okay on the left leg, but the right is very difficult. She has some places where she gets so low to the floor that I know I will never get there. I watched the move demos and she does give modifiers so you can work up to what she is doing if needed.

Today's workout was Kelly Build and Burn premix Kickbox only , 16 minutes, 115 calories, met 6.5, heart rate average 134, max 172, 1,317 steps. I then did Z Cut (no warm up and one cool down at the end) disc 3 workouts 9 and 10, 115 average, 160 max heart rate, 1006 steps, 202 calories, 35 minutes, met 5.5. I finished off with Kelly's Body Shop workout 2 which I meant to do a couple of weeks ago. This was 32 minutes, heart rate average 105, max 149, 134 calories, met 3.8, 328 steps. Total time was 83 minutes, 451 calories.
Z Cut workout disc 3 workout 10
4 rounds
10 squat hops 10,s 1 round 12's 3 rounds
10 inverted push press with high step(she uses a chair) body weight
10 push press 10's 1 round 12's 3 rounds
10 competition burpees
disc 3 workout 11
12 lunge curls w/ side lunge 12's
20 plank pulls 15# db (this is much different than anticipated as you reach forward and pull the dumbbell toward you then walk backwards and repeat the other side when you run out of room you turn around and go the other way till you get 20 reps)
12 triceps plank leg lifts (doing leg lifts and holding the triceps push position low, if that makes sense)
20 dynamic burpees (she takes a break after 10) and this is the bonus after the 4 rounds are done
Body Shop
lat pulldowns 12# dbs 2 sets
plies 15# dbs 2 sets
combo lat pulldown and plié 12# dbs 1 set
cross chop biceps curl 15# db right and then 15# left 2 sets
single curtsies 15# dbs 2 sets
curtsies with hammer curls 12# dbs
no dumbbell lunge backs (low)
lateral raises 8# dbs 3 sets single arm all right then all left
triceps overhead extension pull down to knee 10# 3 sets right then left
no dumbbells step over the barrel
butt blaster (pizza press) 8# dumbbell behind knee 3 sets 8 reps then 4th set 8 and 8 pulses
abs, various crunches, oblique crunches, reverse crunches

RAW Kickboxing and Olympic lifts this morning. I liked it but was hoping for more lifting and less cardio this morning. Now I'll know better how to put it into my schedule. I have a few more to try out. I'm not sure if I will subscribe for another month or wait awhile to subscribe again.

I caved and order the Peak Fit Challenge 10 set dvd by Michelle Dozios. TotalFitness has it on sale for $25. That's pretty cheap - if I end up liking any of them. I don't know why I decided I needed them..... especially if Cathe is coming out with another ICE and I saw that Idallis (from All in 18 series) is filming again too! Oh well.... when I am dead they will clean out my shelves and laugh at how many workout DVDs I owned! Could be worse.

Hey guys

I did SBF upper body today.

Doreen - I think you will like Peak workouts. they are tough. How may dvd's do you own, lol?

Diane Sue - glad you like them. Once my knee feels better I will give them a whirl. They short workouts for add ons.

Great job, everyone.

Doreen, I am sure they will all shake their heads when they look at my dvds when I am gone. It makes me happy and that is all that matters :)
I really want to get Raw for awhile, but seem to have enough to occupy me for now. A lot of women seem to like the Peak workouts. I have never done any of Michelle Dozios workouts.

Belinda, yes they are are short and tough workouts. I may do one of the cardios in the morning if I get up early enough. We have a funeral to go to in the morning and it depends on how much time I have. I was surprised when I was done today that the second workout seemed longer than it said on the timer. Maybe it is because I paused to write my weights and make a few notes the first rounds and I added the cool down. I added them together when I posted them, but did them separately on the Fit Bit. I have been surprised that I have not had more muscle soreness and sore joints with the Z Cut workouts. I have actually been pretty much pain free. Those cardio workouts so far are tough.

Diane Sue- The Z Cuts look tough written out!! Good job with them.

Yesterday I picked up 2 from the library, Mike Donavanick and Body Shop by KCM. I tried the Mike Donavanick one this morning and can't say that I'm impressed at all. I've never done his stuff before and probably would not purchase any. He has some interesting moves that I'd not seen before but he spends a lot of time showing the move and he kind of has to because they were tricky enough you need to see it a couple times. then you do the move for a minute..... which I always find that to be a long and boring way to do a routine. Maybe I'm just grumpy this morning but I even told my husband it was a waste of a workout!

This morning I did Cardio Shred, cardio only mix, I was going to do a Z cut cardio, really wanted something that was quick and I knew exactly how long it was going to take. The Z Cuts are taking a bit of time as I write down some notes on each that I am tucking in the holders with each. So, after the first round I stop and make notes. I will do the cardio another day. Maybe tomorrow with a strength. That depends on my energy levels.

Doreen, I have had workouts that I have tried to do like that and I hate waiting for the demo to get over. One of the things I like about the Z Cut is you can click on the button to watch the demo of each move and then it moves into the workout or you can skip the demo. I watched the moves ahead of time and wrote the moves down so I could just do the workout. At first, I did a couple of the workouts by jumping on the rebounder while she went through each move and then did the workout. The warm up and cooldown are each separate so you can string more than one workout together if you like. I like the KCM Body Shop workout.

Today I started with Z Cut power cardio disc 1 workout #3 with the warm up, 21 minutes, 140 calories, met 6.1, heart rate average 118, max 153, 664 steps. I then did Z Cut Power Strength workout disc 3 workout #11 with the stretch, 26 minutes, met 5.5, 158 calories, 672 steps, heart rate average 106, max 142. I finished off with Ice Metabolic Total Body using weights slightly higher on most moves and skipping the warm up, 41 minutes, 283 calories, met 5.3, 283 calories, 1,198 steps. Total time was 88 minutes, 581 calories.
Z cut power cardio
3 rounds
10 lateral jumps (over a box and I used a child's step to reach things)and burpees
10 mule kicks
20 crab kicks
10 ab splitters (done 2 rounds only, 3 moves count as 1 rep )
Z Cut Power Strength no warm up 3 rounds
30 elevated lunges 15# dbs 15 reps each leg
10 clap push ups burpees (3 clap push ups 1 burpee counts as 1 rep and push ups are done on the knees)
20 sit up twists 15# db 1 rnd, 12# 2 rnd

Doreen, the Z cut workouts are tough. She used a taller wood box to jump over. There was no way I was going to do that. I would probably fall over it or something. I was going to do the bonus abs, but since they had the ab splitters in the cardio workout, I decided against more of them doing the abs too.

Hey guys,

I forgot to check in yesterday. I did SBF core with the ball. That one was tough. Today I went to DC and got my hair done and spent time with my kids. Had a great day.

Diane Sue - I have done a few of her workouts in the past. Thought they were tough workouts. Never returned. Glad you like them.

Tomorrow I will have to play catch up on my workouts. Good night, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, that is nice that you were able to spend time with your kids when you went to get your hair done. Have fun catching up on the workouts :)

Maybe you will be lucky and the MRI will lead them to let it heal on it's own. I found if I stayed off mine for awhile as far as over use and working out, the pain would let up. I was always too impatient. I remember trying to do that hour long yoga from P90X2 and it would make my knee hurt. My knee would crack too.

Diane Sue - I hope so!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.