Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, I am sorry Brawler is not liking the front part of his cart. Maybe once he adapts to it things will be better. That is good that your husband is there to help with him.

Doreen, I have not read much about autism. Have you checked to see what might help with is sleep patterns? That is best that you did not wake them up. No suggestions from the doctor? That is good that you were able to do something in your room.

Belinda- Its my husband's job. Colorado has a system of "Host Homes" in place to house adults with developmental disabilities instead of group homes or institutionalizing them. Under the system a caregiver can host up to 2 adults in their home. We used to have 2 but now just one. Diane Sue- I feel like we've tried everything except outright sleeping pills which his mother is against. He's currently on a dosage of melatonin but his anxiety just overpowers any sleep aid or routine or suggestion we've tried. He's also become so aggressive that his providers are refusing to work with him and just returning him to my husband or his mother (guardian) saying he's too difficult to have in public as he pushes people to get his way, refusing to leave, taking food and drinks from people, etc. I really don't know what they are going to do. He can't just spend 24/7 with my husband!!

My grandson 7 is here this morning so I got my workout in early. I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 1 and 2 combined, 45 minutes, 348 calories, met 7, heart rate average 141, max 167, 3,700 steps. I modified on some moves, used 1 riser on the step and used my rebounder for some moves. I also did the bonus abs 2, 13 minutes, 55 calories, met 3.8, 136 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, calories burned 406.

Hey guys,

forgot to check in this morning. I did SBF upper body + core today.

Doreen - that makes sense ! Must be difficult to have someone else living in your house. I hope they can figure out what's causing his sleeping problems.

Diane Sue - nice job getting your workout in early. Have fun with your grandson :)

Good job, everyone!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did KCM Muscle up Lift 2B fit total body shorter premix. Good stuff. Love her lower body work in this one.

Today I did Z Cut Power strength disc 1 workouts 1 and 2 with a 3 minute warm up bounce and the warm up and colldown, 46 minutes, 284 calories, met 5.6, heart rate 115 average, 145 max. I then did Kelly's Build and Burn Kickbox only mix, 16 minutes, 106 calories, met 6 using 1# dumbbells., heart rate average 125, max 154. Total time was 62 minutes, 390 calories.
Z cut 2 rnds
workout #1 10 manmakers 5# dbs, 8# dbs
4 point punches 5# dbs, 8# dbs
side to side hop 100 reps
50 squats 8# dbs, 10# dbs
workout # 2 4 rnds 12 minutes
forward back lunge switch 8# dbs 10 reps
Santana push ups 10 reps 8# dbs
competition burpee 10 reps
A friend here on the forums gave me her Z Cut workouts. I have the yoga and an ab one already and she gave me the power strength series ones and the power cardio series. I think it will be fun doing them.

Hi Diane Sue and Doreen,

Ended up taking a rest day today.

Diane Sue - enjoy your new Z Cut workouts. I have them, but I am afraid to try them them, lol.

I will be back tomorrow.

Belinda, I thought of you when I was reading stuff on her website. She had a segment on knees, exercise and Egoscue method postural therapy. She said something about drawing circles on your knees and ankles and checking the forward point and alignment of tracking. Anyway, she has postural therapy work on her streaming. Apparently she is working through a low back pain problem and discusses this on a video and ways to help strengthen and correct it. https://zuzkalight.com/workouts/exercising-with-knee-pain/ I wish I could read all of it , but you have to be a member. I think she has some low impact programs as well. With knee problems and exercises she suggests barre type work but none in a squat position or with bent knees.

I didn't even know Zuska had DVDs out. I would probably pass anyway since her wardrobe is typically embarrasing - at least on youtube.

Yesterday I did Cardio Slam and this morning I did Rockem Sockem Kickbox. Oops- I guess I was in the mood for cardio since I did it two days in a row.

Today I did Z Cut Power Cardio disc 1 workout 1 with the warm up, bonus abs, and cool down, 42 minutes, met 6.0, 278 calories, heart rate 112 avg., 162 max. The heart rate average was probably higher because I missed some of the Fit Bit time as I paused the watch and forgot to restart. I went by the calories form Map My Fitness and calories burned app, along with met value. I then did my planned Ripped with Hiit Lower body Circuit doing the scrambled express mix that has a few intervals removed, 35 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 154, met. 5.9, 226 calories. I didn't figure I needed more jumping from the intervals anyway. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 504.
Z Cut power cardio
50 competition burpees done in between the other moves and extra added at the end
10 tuck jumps done twice
20 jump lunges done twice
30 kick ups (2 kicks counts as 1, much like a crab kick)
40 jacks/side kicks
I did not write down the abs workout moves.
Ripped with Hiit, I used Cathe's weights except on the portions holding a 20# dumbbell because I did not want to use the Bowflex weight I used 25#.

Doreen, her wardrobe is the same on the dvds. I did it early before I had grandchildren in the house. I would imagine you would not want that. I read some say that the camera angles are not as focused on certain parts of the anatomy on her Streaming channel. She is in great shape though. She has a book out that I saw on Amazon with a workout plan and she has streaming with plans mapped out for different levels. I don't generally have anyone around when I am working out so it is not so much a problem. She does have some workouts where she is wearing long pants and a bit more clothing. I looked up Egoscue method and they have you tube videos of the method for different problems. I also saw that Dr Axe had an article about the method. Since him and his wife are trained in physical therapy I would imagine he would know the method.

Hey guys,

4DS Chest and back is done.

Diane Sue - that's a lot of jumping. I agree, she is in great shape. I would be showing off my body too, lol.

Have a great evening.

So I caved!!! I signed up for RAW last night! This morning I did Athletic Drills and Barbell. I have to say I loved it. Simple athletic cardio on the step and power-style lifting with a barbell and then some core moves at the end. It was super easy to sign up and there is a separate app (VHX) that you use to play on your phone or Roku. I set up the Roku this morning and it only took a couple minutes. Seriously- I should never buy DVDs again!! I wish there was a way to get my DVDs uploaded somewhere where I could stream them all too - maybe I need my own media server or something to make that happen. I'm not techie enough to figure it out.

Good morning,

4DS Back & Biceps plus SBF UB workout is done.

Doreen - enjoy! Is it a monthly thing?

Diane Sue - have fun with your workouts today.

That's it for me today.

Today I got done early because my daughter and grandchildren were coming over. We had a pleasant day :) I did Z Cut Power strength disc 1 workout 3 and 4 with the warm up and cool down, 48 minutes, heart rate 106 average, 142 max, 1005 step,s met 5, 265 calories. I then did Fit Split Mixed Impact cardio timesaver mix 1, 29 minutes, 202 calories, met 6.3, 2,532 steps. There is a lot of push ups and burpees in these so far.
I may not do one of the cardio workouts tomorrow. I guess I will preview again first. I think I might need a break tomorrow. I went ahead with workout 4 because it did not have burpees and concentrated a bit on lower body. I am terrible at pistol squats. I have no clue how she gets so low in them. My knees won't do that. She does give alternatives in the previews of the moves though. I can go much lower with my knee I had surgery on than the other one. I am off balance for sure.

workout 3 done in 4 rounds 8# dumbbells
10 overhead squat press 2 dumbbells
10 side burpees and push ups bodyweight
10 pike press knee tucks body weight
10 lunge twists 2 dumbbells
workout 4 8# dumbbells 3 rounds
10 weighted pistols squats 1 dumbbell
10 dive bomber push ups body weight
30 dragon lunge combos 2 dumbbells

Doreen, there is a woman on one of my other check ins that has all of her dvds on an external hard drive and separated into easy to find folders. She keeps it hooked up to her television and does not use a dvd player. She also purchases streaming and she edits workouts to her own liking. So, it can be done with know how. I really want to do the Raw workouts one day. I keep seeing interesting looking workouts that she puts together. That workout sounds like one I would enjoy.

Belinda, good job with your workout today.

I am not feeling well this morning. I don't know if it is just allergies or something else since my stomach is upset too. I did Fit Split Low Impact only mix, 27 minutes, 175 calories, avg heart rate 132, max 167. That is it for me today. I have to take my husband to pick up the motorcycle he left to be serviced. Not much else here.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did 4DS calves/shoulder and abs. Modified the calves a lot.

Diane Sue - Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Please take it easy.

I will be back later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.