Lifting like girls

Now I have to figure out where to put it and whether to build a platform to get it above any future water.
Tom, congrats on the new equipment! That's a great deal and I am sure you'll love it. My advice: build the platform. I read up on platforms when putting together our workout room, and for your situation in the basement I think it will be a huge benefit. My 2 cents

Back to the basement for chest and tris, 10 sets bench, 1x10 Inc flys and 4 sets of Tris. Bench was up to 205x3 215x1 205x2 ( I need a safety for these because I chicken out before fail and stop before I should) 185x8 (these were all with the small block) then 135 3x10 without a block and I was able to get them to chest....my shoulder mobility is getting better!
Monday "in da books"....hope everyone's Monday is "aight"!!!

Back and bis, chin ups x12 8 6, 1 arm cable pulls 3x8 and db pullover x10 10 8. Bis were Ez bar curls 100 2x8, then db curls ( dropped to 35s simultaneously) 2x12 and 1 set of conc curls x8. I finished with 1x30 cable crunches. Tomorrow is leg day but will need to build my platform before reassembling the leg press( you are right bout that Lisa). I think I will use marine treated lumber to keep it getting wet from being an issue. Also need to put notches in it to allow drainage past it....anyone know an engineer??:D:D:D
Bank meeting this morning then off to wreak more dental havoc this afternoon! All I got friends...make Tuesday your bi.......I mean, your friend!!!!!...

Tom, good job getting those workouts in! I think your new machine will be extra motivation for getting leg day in your schedule. Lol, my DH is definitely not the engineer for this job. If you need a sensor or laser or even a memory chip, then he can help! I call him Heathcliff Huxtable for house related things, if you remember from the Cosby Show how the character always tried to do household repairs and then ended up breaking everything and paying lots of extra $$$ for professionals to repair...yeah, that's my DH! Good thinking on water resistant wood. Maybe you can prime it too, like an outdoor deck?

Karen, how's Julia on YouTube treating you? Burpees all day long?

Yesterday was boot camp and today was Sydney Cummings leg workout.

No engineer here, Tom. We can help you with electrical distribution and generation, but that's about it. DH is pretty good with lumber, he did build a box jump box, and it's still standing. Years ago he built a waterbed, but that's long gone. Anyway.......yesterday was Fit Body By Julia High Volume Booty Workout-Glorious Backside. It was high volume, that's for sure, but not extremely difficult. Today was an upper body weight workout, that I made up myself.
It's 52 degrees here today, but the wind is blowing, and it's a cold wind. Doesn't feel 52.
All caught up, that's all I got!

Karen, we have had the same "warm" temps plus freezing wind. Except for yesterday when we got a massive snow dump. Of course, out of the blue, when I was inside Costco, stocking up for the Apocalypse as one does at Costco. That was a fun walk and load up of the car, let me tell you!

Tom, pulling teeth today?

This morning I did RWH Lift It HiiT It Chest Shoulders Triceps. It was abundantly obvious to me that I don't regularly do splits like this. Yikes!

Have a terrific Wednesday

Yes Lisa, I know what you mean about Costco. Every week or two I go to get my 25 lbs of grapes, and 15 lbs of coffee. LOL! But, I found something there, that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Tart cherry juice. Love that stuff. I'm sure now that I've mentioned it, they won't carry it anymore.
Today was another Julia. A posterior chain workout. This was a beast. Only 52 minutes, give or take, but it was a butt kicker. Right now I'm listening to a song from the 80's, "It's Torture," and yes it was. Yes, RWH Chest Shoulders Triceps is another killer.
Tom, is there a sump pump in your basement? If not, it's a must have, to keep your sanity.
Have a fabulous Wednesday, what's left of it!

Not really into it today, but did 20 sets of shoulders...all be it somewhat half a$$ed! 8 sets of Db presses, 25sx8 35sx8 45sx8 55s x888 45sx13 10. Side laterals 3x12, rear delt flys 3x12, oly plate front raise(45) 3x12 and db shrugs 85s x30 30 20. Yesterday was a punt.,,saving leg day for my new toy! Talked to a friend who is handy and has some power equipment about the platform and we will try to get that done this weekend.
Karen, we have 2 sump pumps, in different parts of the basement, and a lift station that surface water drains into as well..,,and it still gets wet down there! My big issue is how fit it in down there...while I was lifting I was distracted trying to figure out how to rearrange stuff to make it work....still trying to get that figured out!!
All for me friends, keep killin it!!

Ooh, tart cherry juice! You definitely jinxed yourself. I think you and I have the same experience--find a product at Costco, fall in love, and then they remove it from the store shelves forever. A sad tale! Julia has an incredible posterior chain, like I just think her entire backside is solid, strong muscle from head to toe. That probably sounds weird but I mean it as a compliment to her.

Tom, consider your basement like a game of Tetris! You are HIGHLY motivated so I am sure you'll find a lovely home for that leg machine.

Speaking of new toys, I need to report that I love love love our Sleep number bed. The mattress itself is great, the whole sleep number personalization thing, but the REAL game changer is the adjustable base! I've been slightly elevating my head and cramping up my feet ridiculously high. What a difference. Haven't slept this well since birthing my 3 little minions.

Yeah, must also add that I did a Sydney Cummings Bootcamp. Tomorrow will be RWH Back Biceps Shoulders. Also super excited to try out today's Cathe Live. Maybe Sat?

Good day to you both!

Arm day with a lil chest thrown in. Chest was light bench, 135x8 155x8 175x5 135x16 for a Burn out set. 10 sets of bis, 8 sets of tris( since yesterday was shoulders and some bench today). Bis were 3x8 Ez bar curls (100) db curls (40s) z12 12 10 hammer curls (40s) 2x10 and 2 sets of BB 21s (65)
Tris were 1x8 skullcrushers (50s) and I thought I might crush my skull so I dropped to 45s 2x10 pushdowns x10 8 8 kickbacks x20 15 to Burn out Tris (35s).
Getting ready to head to get my buddy's truck and head to the lumber yard...I spent some time rearranging and tossing stuff yesterday but STILL not sure where to put the keg press/ hack squat! Think I will build the platform THEN see where it fits :D
Lisa, glad you're loving the sleep number!!
Karen, grapes sound really good! We don't belong to Costco anymore since we sold the practice, just Sams club...kinda miss it!
Have a great Friday friends!

Got the platform built, carpeted and the beast assembled!! That freakin thing is heavy!! I got it into the basement and assemble with DW's much needed help!! Gonna luv it I think, but assembling was interesting to say the least! If I can figure out how to put a pic on I will....,again, I may need DW!! No workouts this weekend, up and down the basement stairs carting parts of that thing was one!

OMG Tom!!! That looks incredible! What an awesome setup, and congrats on your DIY platform. You did it! I think I know who's never gonna oversleep on leg day again...

Also thought of you, Tom, when I saw this YouTube video on pushups because of your pushup marathons, etc. This guy is one of my favorite YouTubers. Not a dude bro, very science based. But is Monday really international Chest day for weight lifters? Lol

Today was some chest, tri, abs and ....legs!! 8 sets of bench, up to 195x3 205x3 185(bwt) x8 then took out the block and 155x8 and 135x12 10. Tris were 5 sets, skullcrushers x10 8, pushdowns 2x8 and a Burn out set of kickbacks x20. For the new leg press i just put a couple of 45s on and did 3x8, single keg calf raises x30 25 20 and cable crunches x30 25 20. Think I am going to like the leg press and next time I will try the hack squat.
All for me folks....have a great Monday!

Played with my new toy today..,3sets of light hack squats, 3 sets of leg presses and 2 sets of rev lunges. I finished upper kegs with 2 very light sets of stiff leg deads, in fact, just used my Ez curl bar (100) Calves were 5 sets of single standing calf raises and 2 sets of double standing calf raises, slow and extended to finish them off. I was surprised how little weight it took for the hack squats! Wasn't great on the knees but may start wearing knee sleeves and see if that helps. All I know is legs are noodles and guess that's good!
Weird week for me, work this afternoon, most of the day tomorrow, but will come back to meet with our accountants for tax stuff,( extra long lunch hour) then back to finish and work Friday.
May you both prosper on "hump day"!! Old guy out!

Tom, nice job staying consistent. I'd rather do legs all day long than have meetings about taxes, ugh!

Karen, hope you are well.

Yesterday was Buff Upper Body Live and today was cardio HiiT. So many appointments lately, it's been awful. Driving all over the place, extra fun because ID drivers are, shall we say, "slow and challenged." One nice thing about all the new people moving in...they drive at or 5mph above the speed limit!!!!

Happy Friday, Karen and Tom! Yesterday was a glutes and hamstrings focused LB workout. Today was HiiT cardio. Tomorrow will be a total body weights of some sort, then that will wrap it up for this week. Take care and have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.