Lifting like girls

Hey friends! Today was another Julia. Non stop sweat, something like that. Tomorrow will be Linda Wooldridge, or maybe Mark Lauren. Can’t decide.
I hate moaning and groaning all the time about the weather. But, it’s been non stop snow and cold since the first of February. I am so done. Had an eye exam today. Ordered new contacts. That’s probably the biggest news with me. Not a lot going on here, DH is in Pennsylvania. Blue Bell, PA. What a great name. Just outside Philadelphia. All right, until tomorrow.

Back and bis, 3 sets of Chin ups x8 8 6(small tweek so I stopped), 3x12 pulldowns 3x12 pullover and that was it for back. Bis were Ez bar curls x12 10, db curls x12 12 and hammer curls x10.
Here tomorrow is snow and freezing rain ALL DAY!! Will it EVER be spring??
Carry on friends!!

Thanks, Karen. There are police officers patrolling the aisles. Good thing because this is definitely in the category of "going postal." I just installed the Kindle Unlimited app so I've been reading mindless magazines and talking to strangers, exchanging addresses for Holiday cards since we've had time to get to know one another so well.

Oh, you guys, it got better! 2 hours later, it was my turn at the window. Did I mention my DH had been killing time with the kids so he could come in with them at the last minute and renew too? (I'm so glad he did this, the kids would NEVER have survived the waiting room.) So I texted him, he swooped in with the kids, got his stuff taken care of. Easy peasy. Then, it's my turn. First, the lady (who was actually super nice) COULD NOT FIND MY LICENSE NUMBER IN THE STATE SYSTEM! ((Yes, screaming here). I didn't exist, according to the computer. Idaho transferred all records to a new system a few years ago and the lady, who had my current license in her hands so it was obvious I had a valid license, said "You're the first driver in the entire state of Idaho to have this happen." Lucky me. She called some DMV higher ups, and 20 minutes later that was solved. Ok, phew, right? Well, then she finds my old license from 2001 is still active in the National database. WTH????? That was 2 states ago for me. She spent another 15 minutes on the phone for that one...oh the torture.

Happy to report that I do indeed have a renewed license. Happy to report that I managed to keep my cool. I knew it wasn't the lady's fault and also I knew she'd want to help me if I was kind to her... you catch more flies with honey.

Anyway, I think my DMV adventure was enough of a workout for the whole week! Sorry for venting. I needed to "journal" this, lol.

Hope you fitness friends have a great day. Snowing here, probably 4 or 5 inches so far.

Lisa, good to hear from you after dropping into the government black hole.
Today was “Heavy Volume Glute Lift w/Squat Jumps.” Fifty-five minutes. Fit Body By Julia. Great glute workout , and no burpees. We know how Julia loves her burpees. Hard, but not dying hard workout. Give it a try, if you want to kick your glutes.
Not much going on, so until tomorrow.

Alarm fail yesterday, did 2x35 pushups and 2x30 v sit crunches, and todaybusted some shoulders. All press sets were back supported, seated BB press 115 x9 8 3(yup, I was done lol). Seated db press 50s x11 8, 40s x12 12 10 , 30s 12 15(burnout set). Side laterals 3x12 (25s). Rear delt flys (35s) 12 12 15, BB front raises (55) x12 12 13 and finished with BB shrugs x15 20 20 (205). 22 sets and was all I wanted!
There is a bright globe in the sky today, don't know what it is, I have heard stories...people called it "the sun"?? Kinda like it, wish it happened more often! Have a great day friends!

Never heard or see this "sun" thing. I'll have to Google it. Easy to miss your alarm when day and night look the same! 22 sets is great quantity, Tom. Karen, finding a burpee free Julia workout sounds like the equivalent of finding buried treasure. Nice!

Buff Upper Body or some such name Live today. Have a good day!

I lit ye ole Bis and tris up!! 24 sets but first fried Tris then Bis. Tris were skullcrushers 45s, x15 12 10 10, pushdowns x10 9 8 8, tri pushups x20 15 and 2x15 kickbacks 45s. Bis were 3x8 Ez bar curls (went back to #100). 3x8 db curls (45s) 3x10 hammer curls (35s) , 2x7 decline curls (35s) and 1 set of 21s (65) and I couldn't finish the last 2 full reps!! THE STRUGGLE WAS REAL!!! But felt so good!
I ate well yesterday, STILL got my 200 gm of protein but no crap and today I was 186??? 2 days ago I was 192, still torn between trying to lean down or get as big as a tank...( as if I could lol)! Guess it will sort itself out.
ITS FRIDAY....enjoy it friends!!

Yesterday was an upper body express workout from Cathe Live, thirty-five minutes. Short, and to the point! This morning was a Fit Body By Julia, Get Pumped For Fall #9 Heavy Weights and Plyo. She actually did a cool-down with this workout. A little bit of yoga, then suggested some of the yoga channels on her home page. I've tried Five Parks Yoga, and I really like it. Just my speed.
Sunshine today, but very cold outside. That's it. Have a great weekend!

Water in the basement, so upstairs bwt circuit of pushups x35 30 25 20 15/ air squats x35 30 25 20 15/ calf raises s 70 60 50 40 30. On a brighter note I bought a leg press machine today!!! Borrowed a buddies truck and heading to KC to pick it up...,in the rain!!! Maybe leg day won't be so dreaded, hips just don't like squats...hope this helps!! I'm out friends, enjoy the weekend!

Good for you Tom! Up and at it already. I'm still sitting around in my bathrobe, wondering what I want to do next. (I guess more of nothing) tell me more about your leg press machine. Who made it and how you like it. I'm always looking for something new. DH tells me, if I buy any more workout "stuff," we will be living in the garage, and the "stuff" will have the house.
I think today will be some "Five Park Yoga," not in the mood for anything fast and sweaty. Another windy, cold day here. What's up, Lisa? See you both on Monday.

No lifting for me today, but hopped down on the floor and did 5 sets of planks 1x3 min and 4x2 min and that was it!!
Karen, the leg press is a tuff stuff, supposed to be a good one. I got it online, thru an estate sale for $400...I think I got a steal, it's in great condition! I had to take it apart and a guy helped me take it to the truck, but I carried it in myself early this morning. I hope I can get it back together!!! Now I have to figure out where to put it and whether to build a platform to get it above any future water. I think I will love it if I ever get it downstairs!!
Hope you both survived your weekends!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.