KK's October Check In

Good evening ladies.

Karen, hope you like the new makeup. Enjoy the nice weather!

Jeanette, isn't KPC great? Glad you enjoyed it. I too am psyched about Drill Max. Can't wait!

Rhea, enjoy that massage.

Today I had MIC planned, but I ended up sleeping in. I hae been burning the candle at both ends and just gave in to my sleepiness. I haven't had a rest day in a while, so instead of working out after class, I packed a lot of boxes. That was a workout in and of itself! Not quite Cathe caliber, but still physical activity. I am suprised with my strength gains though. I really realized how much stronger I am when I was able to carry a box of books and then stack them.

Anyway, going to spend time w/ my hubby. I will work out this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend too!

-Becky

Good Evening!:)

It was IMAX3 for me today -- but only on the 4" step. Still quite a workout.

Jeanette -- sounds like a rather busy day off. Hope the BBQ was good. That food sure is making me hungry, but I dare not eat right now -- it's late.

Your Fall Color ride sounds like fun, too. Isn't it getting dark awfully soon nowadays -- that crept right up there. Suddenly it's pitch dark at 7:30.

I'm looking forward to Drill Max, too -- although for me it will probably be the premixes, as well, as I only have about an hour to work out. Not sure about Bare Essentials -- am not familiar with it -- but am enjoying these new samples of make up that I've gotten. They're really pure -- some only have about 4-5 ingredients in them.

Rhea -- I can understand your being tired after working with the kids -- I'm sure it does take a bit out of you. Enjoy your massage and yoga. Oh, and have a terrific party. Sounds great!

Becky -- Think you deserved the break. Am glad that you took it. Packing sounds like a great thing to do, as well.

Well, I have work to do tomorrow for my friend, so again, it will be a very busy weekend for me. Have a great weekend, everyone and terrific workouts.:7

Good morning ladies,
Today was GS Triceps and then SJP 46 minute step and weights premix. I have wood to stack today and leaves to rake. Also really need to clean the inside of my Jeep. What a pigpen! The BBQ last night with family was wonderful. They LOVED the dutch oven cornbread (had stuff like sour cream, ortega chiles, onions, creamed corn and eggs mixed in with those Jiffy cornbread mixes), tri-tip, salad, corn and my mocha cheesecake. Nice evening of visiting.

Rhea, what work do you do with the 9th graders at the High School? The Octoberfest sounds fun. Does it involve beer and brats? Hope the massage was great. I have one on 11/2 and looking forward to it greatly. Have had a nerve bothering me on my neck (I have a bony spine and neck). Feels like a nerve in my skin that sits right on my neckbone. Sitting at the computer really irritates it. Enjoy the trip to Reno. I'm thinking of doing a rotation soon that has Cathe's new ones, TLT's, and Christi. Sounds like a real mish mash doesn't it?

Becky, you probably needed the rest. I know I love my weekends when I can get more sleep. Good for you for packing more stuff up.

Karen, hope Imax3 was good. They advertise Bare Essentials on TV but think you don't watch TV so might have missed it. Hope the work you are doing for your friend goes well.

Tomorrow I have our bike club's Fall Color Bike Ride. Talked to a fella yesterday that had just been to that area and he said the leaves are absolutely spectacular right now. Should be fun. DH may be home early tonite so we may take the dogs out for a run. He's been working lots of days a week on this maintenance shutdown so we haven't been out with the "girls" lately. They'll love it.

Great weekend everyone!

Jeanette

Happy Saturday everyone!

I sure did make up for resting yesterday! This AM I did MIC Hi/Lo followed by intervals 6-10 of IMAX and then all of PUB. Whew!

Karen, hope you have a great weekend, even if it is busy.

Rhea, hope you have a great trip.

Jeanette, leaves change this early in California? Ours really don't turn here in Florida. They just stay green until a certain point (usually in November) and then just fall off. :) I do hope you enjoy the scenery on your bike ride though.

DH and I went to see The Prestige today. It was a great movie. I highly recommend it. Now I must get back to studying. I am hoping to finish a paper this weekend. It isn't due until December, but if I finish it now I won't have to worry about it during the move and all.

Wishing great weekends to everyone!

-Becky

Just came back from a movie myself -- it, too, was great!

It was either the same or a similar premix today, Jeanette. Did the 46 minute circuit premix on SJP -- good workout -- no abs, but good workout nonetheless --and it fit into my time slot.

Yeah, weekends are busy now -- hope to get the manuscript done early next week, as well.

Jeanette -- your descripttions made my mouth water. Bet the BBQ was fun -- especially with family all around you. That corn bread sounds really good. Yum!

Hope your ride tomorrow goes really well. I bet it will be beautiful. Our leaves are beginning to change here, as well. When I lived in Vermont, the leaves would change in September -- and by the end of October, they were gone. But boy when they were there for that very short time -- the beauty is unmatched anywhere else I've been.

Becky -- goodness -- how long was your workout -- it looks like what, a couple of hours? Go to it, Becky.

Tomorrow is another busy day and then the Monday after will be busy, until I finish these revisions and get the sent off to my editor. Got a little work in on them today -- but only about an hour of work.

Well, have a great day tomoorw -- a super ride, Jeanette -- and terrific workouts!:7

Hello ladies.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Today I did GS Legs.

Here's my schedule for the week (subject to change if I receive my pre-order this week :) )

M: HI/LO interval (HC Extreme)
T: The Gauntlet
W: RS plus Coremax 1
R: Interval Circuit (HC Extreme)
F: KPC
S: Super Sets plus jog
Su: jog or rest

My weekend was good. Got a lot of studying done today. Must get back to it.

-Becky

Becky -- your line up looks tough. Whew!

My day off today.

Here's my rotation for the week:

Mon: IMAX2

Tues: Cardio & Weights

Wed: Fancy dancing practice and a stretch

Thurs: ME -- still love that workout

Fri: IMAX -- if it will play -- only have it in VHS

Sat: Bootcamp

Sun: Off

It's a mostly Intensity series week for me, it looks like. Heavy week for me -- I have only 3 days to finish these revisions... Whew!

Have a super day everyone and terrific workouts.:7

Good morning everyone!

Hope everybody's weekend was good. Mine was wonderful. Saturday I got housework done, wood stacked and leaves raked, plus cleaned out my Jeep. Yesterday's group bike ride (42 miles) was WONDERFUL, with 20 riders on hand showing up. The leaves were beautiful, lots of wildlife (turkeys, buffalo ranch we rode past, deer), lots of socializing. DH and I went out for dinner with about 5 other couples last evening. That was fun too.

Today's workout was S&H Chest followed by 2 combos of Step Blast. I was sweating pretty good and have upped my chest work to 20# DB's for part of it now so that was taxing. Hopefully, our new DVD's will come this week. I'm anxious!!

Wow, Karen, your rotation looks tough this week, but know you can do it. Hope you get those revisions in too. You'll be ready for the native American dancing soon too.

Becky, your rotation looks tough too. MIC Hi-Lo. I haven't done that one in a while but need to sometime. It's a toughie. I usually stop when it gets into the higher intensity stuff. Always seems so frantic to me. Could be the fiddle playing music in it (that's what it sounds like to me LOL). Like a fast bumblebee thing.

Must go now, good workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Good afternoon ladies!

It was beautiful here today. Well, pretty cold this morning (it was 57 degrees F) but really nice now. We aren't even using the air conditioner...just have all the windows open. It is nice to "air out" the house every once in a while (can't do it often due to Florida's humidity).

Karen, your rotation looks great. Good luck on those revisions.

Jeanette, 20# for chest! Great job!!! It sounds like you had a great bike ride over the weekend. I have never seen a live turkey. Are they funny looking?

Rhea, hope your weekend went well too.

Today I did Hi/Lo intervals from HC Extreme. I forgot that the KM challenge was on the end and here I was finishing IMAX 3 interval 10 all proud of myself for not getting too out of breath and whoa! Cathe starts doing jumping jacks. :) I thought it was time for the stretch. :( But it is done and now I am exhausted!

I must get back to studying. Have a quiz tomorrow over all medically relevant fungi. Exciting stuff....yeah right.

Have a great night!

-Becky

Hello!

My trial was dismissed (d.a. was afraid of me....yah, right.) so I have some time to come catch up. I even worked out today! I did Cardio Kicks. I forgot how fun that workout is.

Let's see, the weekend was busy(ish). Saturday's workout consisted of lugging all the potted plants to the garden area, dumping the dirt, sweeping, etc. I sure had a lot of potted plants this year. Then there was the party Saturday night. Great food. Everyone in the group is such a good cook. We had sour braughten (don't know how to spell that); some beef thing that was German...takes four days to marinate I guess, Hank Hardy made very yummy soft pretzels; there was a green salad, hot potato salad and desserts. I had a great case of heartburn. :-(

Well, I suppose I should get back to work. There are a few things that I need to get done this week. It is always so hard to not procrastinate when you have some down time.

Well, got some work done today on the revisions, but not enough. Am way behind and must pick up the pace...

IMAX2 for me today -- didn't get alot of sleep, so it was good for me to do a workout I know pretty well.

Jeanette -- that bike ride sounds heavenly -- like something I need right now -- get out into the environment and see its beauty. I'm beginning to like Step Blast -- the premixes more and more. They're easy to use and really work you out.

Becky -- HC Extreme -- I can't even imagine. I have a hard enough time with IMAX3. Whew! It's interesting that 57 degrees is cold for you... But long ago I lived in Florida (for about 3 years) and I remember 57 being cold. Then I lived in Vermont, where 57 degrees is warm. Interesting, huh?

Hope your studying goes great!

Rhea -- Wish I had Cardio Kicks -- don't have the CTX series, but it is going to be the next thing I buy, I think.

Well, I'm still working, so I'd best get back to it.

Have a super day tomorrow and terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was S&H Back, with supermans and planks. Also tacked on most of CTX Kickboxing. Tonite will be an easy spin around our local loop on my bike.

Karen, hope you can get those revisions done soon so you can relax some more. You work pretty hard and I admire people that have that kind of discipline. Me, I'm a huge procrastinator at a lot of things (the hard stuff). Easy stuff, I'm there.

Rhea, your Octoberfest sounds like great fun and fantastic food! Sorry about the heartburn... Hank Hardy is a very good cook. She makes the best blackberry pies too. She made those for our progressive dinner bike ride earlier this month. They rode over in Indian Valley on Sunday too, not with our group, but on their own. I give Jim the credit for getting me back into bike riding about 6 or so years ago. It's all his fault...

Becky, hope the fungi test goes well. Way to go on the Hi/Lo intervals. Sounds tough.

Must run,

Jeanette

Good afternoon ladies.

Rhea, glad you had some time yesterday to work out. Hope you enjoyed the break from court.

Karen, hope you enjoyed IMAX 2. That is always a fun one.

Jeanette, supermans and planks, ick! Those are my downfall.

Fungi went great. I did do the Gauntlet today. I am so ready for the new workouts. These ones just aren't killing me like they used to. :) I am sure Drill Max and Body Max 2 will though!

Last night was SOOOO cold. It got down in the 30s. We even used our fireplace last night and I had hot chocolate. Fun! We don't get to do wintery stuff much here in Fl. We enjoyed it.

Must get back to studying pharmacology and the wonderful world of antibiotics. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

-Becky

OH my, Becky, you had me LOL! Not killing you like they used too huh?
Gosh, PLB actually put jelly in my legs today. I'm feeling really out of shape weight wise. Cardiowise, I'm beginning to wonder. I was standing at the tv trying to figure out what I really wanted to do today (had no clue, and wasn't actually in the mood to workout, don't know why) and I noticed that my HR was only 58. That seems really low to me. I'll have to check it out.

Anyhoo, did PLB today, but skipped the stability ball. Decided that I wanted to be able to get up from my chair this afternoon. Trouble with desk jobs, they can really mess with your muscles after a workout. I was feeling those muscle going down the stairs from my house.

Well must get back to writing stuff. I'm so bad in the office writing, I just love to procrastinate. It's when I spend the most money too....the internet gets me every time!

Have great workouts everyone!

Am logging on late tonight. It was Cardio & Weights for me today -- had me sweating -- those abs are hard on that -- too many planks -- I have trouble with those, too, Becky.

Tomorrow is my Fancy dance workout and stretch.

Jeanette -- don't have the S & H and I must put them on my list -- after of course CTX. Can't wait for the new workouts, though. I procrastinate, too -- it's easy to do -- only thing is -- sooner or later I have to get down to it, as no one else is going to write the book for me -- darn it.x(

Becky -- I'm not sure I could even confront the Gauntlet -- reminds me of a ride at the fair that always scared me -- I think that's why I don't own those. Down into the 30's -- okay, that's cold for me, too (but not if I still lived in Vermont). Then, I remember in some day in March, where 30 was warm.

Rhea -- You made me laugh with your description of writing and the internet and spending money -- gosh, I go through that, too. Hang in there -- I know you'll get back into working out and all.

Have about 80 more pages to revise, but these are the hard ones coming up -- or at least I think so. Most of the revisions my editor wanted were toward the end -- but I figure you gotta go through the entire thing and make revisions along the way -- otherwise, things just aren't set up right. Sigh. I'm supposed to be finished with these tomorrow -- it'll be a long day, I'm afraid.

Well, have a wonderful day, everyone and super workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was the stability ball work on Pyramid Lower Body and then the abs (stability ball) from Pyramid Upper Body. After that, I attempted for the first time Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. This one will be fun when I get it. Right now, I'm rewinding a lot. Yesterday afternoon did a spin on my bike around our loop, 16 miles. Felt good on the legs as they were a little stiff from Sunday's hammerfest in the Indian Valley.

Today is a Breakfast Burrito feast at work. Got to get my eating under control again. Will try not to pig out LOL.

Karen, enjoy your Fancy Dancing workout. I'll have to revisit C&W. I like that one and it does make me sweat, being a circuit and all. Actually, Karen, the Gauntlet is really fun. If you can do Bootcamp, you can do the Gauntlet. I really like these workouts on the Terminator DVD. Hope the revisions go well.

Becky, wow the 30's. Our cold weather is coming for sure, but it's been pretty nice. Today will be a colder one (high 50's, low 60's). Could be worse and it will be later. Glad fungi was good. The hot chocolate sounds nice. We've been using our wood stove every night.

Rhea, my HRM doesn't work near my TV so I don't use it for my indoor workouts. It just stops or goes to zero. Even when I ride my bike under big power lines outside, it will stop for a while. Too sensitive. I work out about 3' from TV. I've written to the Polar people and they say that interference from electrical stuff like TV's can make it go wacko. I did PLB today too, but did the stability ball and skipped the standing work (opposite of you).

Must go now,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Karen- good luck with all those pages today. I'm sure you will "buckle down" and get it done.

Hey Becky - when do you have to move? I move during my first year of law school. It was not fun. I ended up missing some classes because of cleaning the house we moved into (it was pretty gross and I cannot abide filthy, so I had to clean)

Jeanette - the weather is so wonderful here right now. A little cold this morning, but I don't mind the dry cold. If it starts raining, well, snowing, then it won't be so fun. I've heard that it is going to be cold this year, but pretty dry.

I'm really glad that I did not do the stability ball part. My DOMS is killing me. So I really have that much glut muscle? And for some reason, my chest, triceps and biceps are a bit sore....could be all the hefting of the bar bell overhead! I'm not sure if I'm going to work out today or do yoga. I had planned on PUB, but I do want to be able to move tomorrow.:7

Good afternoon ladies!

Karen, hope you enjoyed your fancy dance today. I am sure you'll get those pages done. If you are anything like me, it is pressure that makes you work more efficiently. Like now, I should be studying my brains out, but our next integrated block exam isn't until next Friday (the 3rd)so I haven't begun to feel extreme pressure yet. Good luck!

Jeanette, your 2-a-day workouts are very inspirational. Actually, I am jealous. I am hoping that after residency I might have time for 2 a days (and not while on elliptical w/ a book). But, alas, residency won't be over (plus my last 2 years of med school) for 7 years. x(

Rhea, sounds like you are getting back into the swing of working out. So glad you have the time. We're moving on Nov 21st/22nd. (We hired movers) But DH is going out there next Tuesday since he starts work on Nov 1st. He'll be sleeping on an air mattress until then. His car is going to be packed to the brim: our smaller TV, his playstation 2, 2 computers (luckily 1 has a flat screen monitor), a computer chair (taken apart), and the air mattress. Somewhere in there he is going to have to find room for clothes and personal hygiene products! :) I am just glad that there is already a computer nook built in, or else he'd have to use the computer while on the floor. :)

So, he gets to clean if it is very messy. ;-) Luckily we're only the 2nd tenant to ever live in this apartment, and it is only 1.5 years old, so hopefully there hasn't been enough time for too much filth to acrue.

I did RS today followed by abs from MM. I love RS!!! I may do it next Friday before my test too...I just enjoy it so much. Especially the cha-chas on the first step segment...they make me feel sexy w/ my hips going this way and that. I wish I had a mirror...I am probably giving the wall sexy looks while I cha-cha.

Now I must get back to looking like I am studying...because I am having difficulty actually learning anything lately. Hopefully today pharmacology will click.

-Becky

Becky - you are too funny! I have mirrored doors on the closets (they were there with the house, I didn't chose them), so I get to see the cha chas! I'm assuming you mean Rythmic Step, right? I love that one too.

Not sure if I'll do a big workout today, I'm so sore, its too funny. But I think I'll do a cardio to get some of the muscles moving. Just not sure yet what. I've been sitting here doing my Spanish homework at work. (finally, this course is going to take me forever if I don't start working on it!)

I can't wait to get the new Cathes. Looks like they might ship out before the end of the week. Got to get rid of the DOMS before I get the new dvds. Then I'll just start over with some different DOMS.

The fancy dance workout was great today -- good cardio -- and I found today that it was easier than last week -- which is good. And the stretch was great, too

Jeanette -- I love the Pyramids -- haven't done them in a while -- but I love them. Maybe someday I'll get that Terminator DVD -- I do love circuits -- and aren't they kinda circuits?

Rhea -- like PLB, too -- but again, I haven't done it in a while. My closet has mirrors on the doors, as well -- we didn't put them on -- but they are helpful -- although I don't work out there -- in the living room we have show case cabinets with mirrors -- that's what I use. Hope that Spanish is going well. I'd love to learn Spanish -- when my kids were in school, they both took Spanish.

Becky -- Gosh, I haven't done RS in quite a while either. Am going to have to revisit that one. Those cha-chas sound pretty sexy. That's going to be one packed car on November 1st. Whew!

Well, must go -- dinner is awaiting me -- am logging on slightly earlier today -- I have 50 more pages to go. Whew! I'll be up late tonight, I suppose. Oh, and Becky, I know what you mean -- nothing like the time getting close to make you buckle under.

Have a great day, everyone -- and wonderful workouts.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.