KICKBOXING DVD Suggestions

jldgottarun

Cathlete
Hello All!
I just bought a punching bag and boxing gloves after trying Cathe's Bonus Heavy Bag on the Rockout Knockout DVD. I LOVE IT!!!! I love kickboxing.

Does anyone have any kickboxing DVDs from other instructors? I have all of Cathe's. I am looking for advanced workouts, but easy choreography. I want effective workouts that have given you results that you love!

Thank you in advance for suggestions!
Have a fantastic day!
Jodi

I LOVE, LOVE Turbo Fire with Charlene Johnson. Great music and so much fun :) I love Rapid Fire with Suzan Chung. I also love Amy Bento in the Ring, her choreography isn't easy but fun.

OOOHHHH!!! I love kickboxing. If I do 3-4 in one week, I notice a tighter core, firm booty, strong legs! Love, love love! I have all 4 of Susan Chung's "Rapid fire" wkouts, only 2 have the bag in them. She is a blackbelt and fitness instructor....her moves are powerful w/o being complicated. They might be labeled as intermediate/advanced (not sure) but they are advanced (there is a modifier in each wkout ). She offers nice variety in each dvd too. Tabata, punch/kick combos, core, standing core, weight work. They are excellent and I highly recommend any of them. Also Patrick Goudeau has a recent one where he does the w/u them Heather leads you through the wkout. Also very good and uncomplicated so you can give it your all. He does a separate ab section in the end. I am a HUGE fan of kickboxing too!! These are my favorites. If you want more variety in a kickbox dvd, go for Susan Chung. Excellent calorie burn and total body wkout!

If you have the ability to stream video try The GymBox. Two new kickboxing workouts are released each week and there are hundreds already on there... thegymbox.com

Boxing body TKO is great since you have a punching bag. Since I don't. ..My favorite is Janis Saffell fun fun... She's one of my all time faves. I also love the CIA kickboxing 2203 9902 9809 9907 2705 2901 2904 2603 I also love my G.I. Jabb tapes with Katalyn . I have approximately 50+ kickboxing tapes. I second the suggestion ilaria montagnani by Justine.

Ilaria Montagnani is on my wishlist. Please share your favorites of hers and why.

Go ahead and enable!!! I'm ready

Ilaria Montagnani is on my wishlist. Please share your favorites of hers and why.

Go ahead and enable!!! I'm ready

OK! You won't regret it...
basically her Powerstrikes series are amazing. I'd review them....but I couldn't beat this great review (it's what enabled me)
http://2lazy4gym.com/category/ilaria-montagnani/

At first the workouts seem like they might be quite dull compared to Cathe - but somehow they fly by. And she's inspirational to watch.

Happy shopping

edited to add - I like tough women, rather than anything to 'girly' and dancy - so that that into account ;)

Thank you Justine, for your contribution to this thread, and my thanks go out to jenngolf for her amazing blog of DVD reviews!! I just bought two Ilaria DVDs. I cannot believe how many workout DVDs I have purchased in the past two months!!! A LOT!!! Haha. I will say this.... owning a vast selection of exercise DVDs makes working out far more enjoyable and interesting. :) To the OP - While there is no punching bag used, Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Trim Down is a great workout with lots of boxing drills. She works the upper body and core really well, especially if you do the workout with weighted gloves. I also have her Train Like a Contender DVD, but have yet to do that one. Have fun shopping! Thanks again, ladies!!

OK! You won't regret it...
basically her Powerstrikes series are amazing. I'd review them....but I couldn't beat this great review (it's what enabled me)
http://2lazy4gym.com/category/ilaria-montagnani/

At first the workouts seem like they might be quite dull compared to Cathe - but somehow they fly by. And she's inspirational to watch.

Happy shopping

edited to add - I like tough women, rather than anything to 'girly' and dancy - so that that into account ;)
I'm super tempted by the Ilaria DVDs. I love kickboxing, too -- I particularly love how you make your own intensity by engaging your mind to activate your body.

I checked out some Ilaria clips -- oh man! If you bred a Rockette with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ilaria would be their superspawn.

Oh NO! How am I ever going to be able to watch a dvd of hers without getting a fit of the giggles!

She's so funny - every so often she puts on a big smile... I'm sure the producer is telling her to not look so scary!

I love Ilaria. Her non-kickboxing workouts are also great. Guaranteed a great workout with her.

Powerstrikes Kickboxing vol 6 is the one I've done the most, so I suppose it's my favourite! It's not super-advanced, although it depends (like everything) on how much you put into it. You can always kick higher, punch harder, jump further ;)

I'm super tempted by the Ilaria DVDs. I love kickboxing, too -- I particularly love how you make your own intensity by engaging your mind to activate your body.

I checked out some Ilaria clips -- oh man! If you bred a Rockette with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ilaria would be their superspawn.

I am cracking up so hard over here. You couldn't have given a more perfectly spot-on description of Ilaria!!! She is something to see, isn't she? :)

What is the cost per month? This sounds interesting.
They give you a free trial period- 30 days I think- and then $10/mo after that. There is also step, strength, treadmill, spin bike, yoga, xtreme cardio (think bootcamp) on there as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.