Just signed up with MsFit!

macska

Cathlete
Hello all

This morning I received my custom taylored program from MsFit -- Karen. I signed up for 6 weeks, let's see how it goes. I'm very excited.
Anybody else is doing this from here? Mari

www.TheElitePhysique.com

I have often thought of doing this to push myself to the next level. If you don't mind my asking, is it very expensive? Good luck with your new program and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Diana

Good for you! Do you have to purchase the Omeron bf scale or any computer programs?

Yea!!! You'll be so happy with your results! So many people have burst through plateaus with her help!

Would you all mind very much telling me what is included with her program??

I'm looking to lean out and define before the event i have to attend in June (see below thread: School reunions)

I've come to the realization i can't be left to my own when it comes to eating plans }(

Is work out plans included? Are they doable at home?

tia,
Wendy

Mari (& Candi?) - PLEASE keep us posted on this! We all want to know all about it.

Obviously lots of interested people here who would love a first hand account.

DETAILS!! We need details!!

Thanks!!

:D Nicole

DETAILS PLEASE!!!

I've heard/read very good things about the program...how much did it run you & what is she including?>?? PLEASE TELL ALL!

RE: DETAILS PLEASE!!!

WOW. so many people are interested!

Today was my first day -- so far very good.:)

I bought 6 weeks for 65 dollars.

You have to send Karen your currant stats, you weight, body fat, eating habits, you daily workouts etc.,
My goal is to break my plateau, and finally get the body fat down to 14% from about 18%.
She sent me a daily menu for the first week, and the workouts. MY calories are1600 and they are broken down to 6 meals. I eat like a baby every 2-3 hours, never full, but never hungry either. Really. I can tell that my insulin level is STEADY. I had gestational diabetes with my second kid, and I know this actually very good feeling, when you have a steady steam of energy and not the ups and downs that I was fighting in the last few months. I was eating very healthy stuff, but very randomly. Now I have a structure taylored for my calorie needs. I do like stractures and I'm a creature of habits, with some OCD, so this program is very promising for me.
The workouts: 5/25 min HIIT cardio/week (instead of my 7) and 4 weights days. (Instead of my 6...)
Today I did shoulders, 4/12 -- 4 different exercises plus biceps 4/12 --3 exercises plus 4/20 abs. I'm supposed to use heavy weights.

I have very high hopes for this. I really do like how I feel today. No cravings, no pm slumps.. just great.

BTW, I bought the omron, and interestingly the result is what I had with my caliper. So it is indeed somewhat accurate. Mari

Just one last question....with the workouts she schedules, are you able to utilize Cathe's, or does she spell out what needs to be done?

She spells out what to do, But if smebody wants to do Cathe, it is duable. Say, today for shoulders I could've subbed her stuff w/ maybe S&H or PS or even GS. The idea is to use close to 12 reps, preferably 4 sets. So it is strenght not endurance. Cathe usually does 3 or 2 sets not 4 -- but I think if someone wants to use Cathe it could be very doable. The diet is the big thing here.

I agree! I use Cathe pre-mixes for my cardio, but don't really use her weight workouts anymore. That's just my preference. Her weight workouts taught me proper form, and I'm grateful for that. Her pre-mixes on her DVDs are life savers! Cathe does such an awesome job putting those out!

Someone asked if MsFit's program could be done at home. Most definitely! I work out at home...I do have an olympic weight set and a self-spotting squat cage, and a tacky little bench. LOL

Hi everyone!

I've also signed up with MsFit - for 30 weeks (15 consultations) and can't wait to get started on Sunday!

I've got 4x HIIT cardio & 4x weights/week & 1300 cals (need to reduce BF% from 30 to 15).

I'm disappointed I can't use Cathe yet (seeing how I respond to the plan as is for now) but I'm sure I can re-introduce her to my program once I'm underway.

Will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks for the information. What a neat idea.

I just have one more question: Is the diet instructions given pretty specific? Or is it pretty much stuff we already know.
I have a shelf full of books (BFL, Body for Life, ABS diet, South Beach Diet) that pretty much say the same things... eat every few hours, watch the carbs, no HFCS etc...

Do you check in weekly with stats?

TIA,
Wendy

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I checked out her web site last night. She seems to be a firm believer in one part/day training and not over doing the cardio. Diet is also pivotal in her program. I recognized some members over there from Cathe's site.

About the eating.... She is very specific when it comes to measurements. 4 oz of this, 3 oz of that, and that makes the difference when you want to lose that very last % of body fat, specially when you don't have too much to start from.
Extreme discipline. You can choose what you want, yam or brown rice, or fish ot turkey, but the basic idea is the same. You have to measure your carbs and proteins. So far on my first week I don't see any no starch veggies, fruits or added fats or dairy. Basically yam w/ chicken and fish. Some oatmeal for breakfast and egg white.
Now, you can see almost the very same diet when you look at the fitness magazins and see what the models are eating -- the same boring stuff all over again: oatmeal, chicken, broccoli and egg white.
In my case I just love that it's MY 4 oz of this and that. It's all in the head. Somehow it's different when it "made" for you.
I've just finished my oatmeal, egg white breakfast and prepared the foods for the rest of the day in 5 little container. No more guessing games for me -- just grab the container.
You can have btw cheat meals once a week. Mari

Now my curiousity is going wild!! I would love to lean out a bit more in the next few weeks.

Can i just ask, does she ask food preferences etc??? For example, if the diet is going to tell me to eat certain fish etc... that i don't like, it isn't going to happen.

Are the workouts geared toward your own personal goals?? Gaining mass/ leaning out etc????

One more question: How long did it take to receive your plan?

thanks so much for the info!!

Wendy, she replied very soon. As soos as I sent the stats, it came within a day.
You can eat any fish, but as I see it is not oily fish( like salmon) but rather low fat fish. I assume you can pick any lean fish.

Yes, she cusotm taylors the program for what you need. Mari

I am signing up with MsFit also. My Omron should be here today or Monday, that is all I am waiting on since I have no idea what my BF% is. I have tried eating clean on my own, but as I understand it, the key is the foods that you eat together. I am very excited and a little scared of what she will have in store for me!
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.