Just ran the Go Girl 10K Trail Run!!!

Travisli

Cathlete
I'm back!!!!! It was awesome!!! I'm so happy . . . I love this sport!!!

My first trail run and I have to say it was much harder than I anticipated! It felt like it was straight up for the first 2.5 miles. . . . probably because it was!!! The trail just kept on going up . . . up . . . up . . . I just kept thinking it HAS to go down eventually!!!

It did eventually go down and then there was another mile up before we started on the final descent. Passed a lot of women who started in the waves ahead of me. There were two women in my wave that were in front of me and it felt like such a victory when I passed them both . . . one of them got really far ahead of me, but I did pass her eventually :)

It was such a rush to come down that last half mile to all the people cheering and clapping. I'm so addicted :D Had my picture taken twice on the trail -- can't wait to see those!

Not sure of my official time since I started my Nike deal before my wave took off and then I didn't stop it for a minute or two after I crossed the finish line, but I think I did it in 1:10" roughly at about 10:5" pace -- I'll know for sure tomorrow when the results are posted.

Met a woman on the course when she twisted her ankle. I stopped to see if I could help her, I felt so bad -- the course was really rocky for the first (and last) 2 miles -- but she told me to go on and then came up and thanked me after the race for stopping to check on her -- found out she's running the race I'm doing in September and she will also be running the half marathon in October, so I'm happy to have made the friendship -- we will keep each other motivated -- even with her twisted ankle she finished in 1:13" -- so she did great!

Anyways . . . So happy that I did it!!! Now on to the next race . . . August 13th!! A local 5K --

Thanks for all the well wishes!!:)

Travis,
Congrats!!! Fabulous job, isn't it so fun to challenge our minds and bodies this way and meet like-minded people? So excited for you, you rocked it!!;)

Congratulations!!! And I loved your write-up! Best wishes for yor upcoming races and the new friendships you are forging through this awesome sport!

Travis,

Congrats! You Rock!

It was so nice of you to stop and check on your fellow runner. Glad you had a wonderful experience!!

WTG, Travis! Sounds like a challenging course. And how cool that you made a friend.

Great race report...thanks for sharing!

Awesome accomplishment Travis! It's great that you're enjoying racing so much! I hope you continue to make many new friends along the way!

Thanks Ladies :)

I found out that I was 168th out of 257 women running for time, and I was 22nd in my age range (there were 31 of us between the ages of 40-44).

So fun!

Hey Travis!! Good for you!! I didn't know it was going to be a trail run 10k. Those are much harder IMO. I know for me when I trail run I always have to be super careful that I don't twist or sprain my ankle. Accidents always seem to find me. :(

By the way that was so nice of you to stop and offer help. There are so very few genuinely kind hearted people out there I'm glad to proud to say I know you. If I was on the Titanic I know you'd try to save me anyway. :) Glad to know you had fun and made friends along the way. Although you don't seem like the kind of person that has difficulty making friends. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.