Just curious...is anyone's DH or DB younger?

dani21496

Cathlete
My fiance is 3 years younger than me and I was curious if anyone else here has "robbed the cradle"? ;-)

I look younger than he does so no one would ever guess. Everyone thinks he's older.

:+

yep - my hubby is 4 years younger than me. I don't find it really makes a difference, except that this year I turned 40 and he gets to stay in his 30's for 4 more years, the rat!

Seriously, I don't think it has made a difference at all, especially as you get older.

My husband is 2 1/2 years younger than me. It doesn't make any difference. We have been married 30 years. He likes to tease me. Especially as this summer I will be 51 and he will still be 48.
Diane Sue

My dh is 2.5 years younger than I am, we have been married 13 years. He says that older women treat men better. I laugh and tell him that I robbed the cradle. We also joke about how I have been driving longer, was in college when he was still in high school, and the like.:D

I do have more gray hairs than him but he is catching up fast, must be our 3 boys doing that to him, ya think??!!:7

I have had the opposite experience...the younger ones always treat me like crap and the older ones treat me sooo well.. Right now I am dating a very nice guy 10 yrs older than me.....he always kids me about being the younger chick....he treats me so well...makes me feel sexy, like a woman.....I have to say the older ones have treated me better than the younger ones....maybe it makes them feel younger also....

Hi Danielle,

My DB is three years younger than me (I'm 30)... and I love it!!! He's actually very mature... more so than many of the thirty somethings I've dated.

As someone else said, I really think that it depends upon the maturity level of the person, regardless of age.

His father, a conservative Hungarian, about fainted when he found out how "old" I was when we started dating a couple of years ago. Give me a break!!! I look like a teenager thanks to Cathe!!!
:7

Jen

Yup, my fiance is 9 years younger than me. Talk about robbing the cradle! I went a little over board :7

He's the sweetest thing though, and treats me wonderfully. The only thing is there is only one year when we are even in the same decade! I'm 41, he's 32 and this is my first marriage.

My husband is four and a half years younger than me. He had to really work to get me to go out with him because he even looks younger than he is. When we met I thought he was only 18. We have now been married four years as of May 22!

You go girls!}(
Angela:7

I am 2 yrs older than my husband. We married when we were both in our late 20's...and I laughed because in high school there was no way I would have dated a guy younger than me! It just wasn't done at my school! :)

We have been married for almost 8 years, and we have 3 kids now!

Younger guys rule!

Jen

My husband is 11 1/2 years younger. I'm 57 and he's 46. I met him when he was 22 and we've been together ever since. He is my second husband. MaryAnn

Wow! That's great everyone!! When I met him, I had no idea how old he was, I just knew there was chemistry there, and that's all that mattered to me. :p

My dh is six years younger. He has always been very mature for his age and I...well, haven't. It works perfectly.:)

My DH is two years younger than me, almost to the day. Our birthdays are four days apart. We've been married for 17 years. I don't really think about it much except when birthdays roll around. I will get to retire before he does. Ha! Ha!

I'm two years older than my DH. I was 20 and he was BARELY 18 when I married him. It was almost illegal}(
We will celebrate our 8th anniversary this November.

My DH is 9 years younger than me as well. We met when he was 18 (our offices worked closely together, in the Air Force), started hanging out together a couple of years later, and married when he was 22 & I 31. I really wasn't sure if I was yet ready for marriage; he was absoutely sure. He's far more mature (wise) than me and most people I know, and he's been a great teacher/friend. We are now in our 11th year of marriage, our friendship deepening. We've been told that he looks older. I tease him about when I joined the Air Force (at 25)he was a high school sophomore!

It's not about age, it's that our personalities are so in sync with each other.

My boyfriend will be 26 this August while I just turned 29. He LIED about his age when we met - told me he was 23 when he was still 2 weeks away from his 23rd birthday. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.