June 25th event - What to expect

NY25

Cathlete
Cathe - Hi. I've signed up for the afternoon session and I'm very excited. However, I want to prepare myself appropriately (so as not to make too much of a fool of myself). What can we expect from this class? Will it be a full hour, or less? Will it be plyo-based or something else? Also, can I request please - no air-jacks. No one other than you, Jai and Lorraine look good doing them anyway! haha. They KILL my knees, too. (hopefully no one-legged squat thrusts either - good golly). Anyway, looking forward to the event and any preliminary info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I was wondering the same thing.
I am signed up for the morning class.
I was also wondering if need any other non-workout attire, I checked out the website for this place and it looks FANCY!~
I will be taking the train from New Haven so I won't be wearing my workout clothes on the train (LOL) but I'm wondering if we need something else.
TIA!
BARbara P

I signed up for the afternoon class and I can't wait. :D I would like as much info as possible. If the class starts at 4:30 pm, what time do we have to get there? How long is the event after the class? I am so excited but nervous at the same time. I don't have STS but I have been doing other Cathe workouts for about 3 years now. In the information about the event it said the workout is an STS inspired lower body workout, what exactly is that?

Sorry to ramble on and on. Can't wait to get more info on this event and can't wait to meet Cathe.

Loralie

Hi All....I'm so excited to meet you too. I will have exact details as the event draws near but for now I believe the class will be about 45 minutes long and it will not have any plyo exercises. The hotel flooring is something I need to consider so I will keep the routine low impact. Wear good supportive shoes and bring a water bottle (although I am sure water will be available). I am planning on doing a lower body workout similar to STS Meso One along with spurts of low impact cardio. The press will all be there and joining us too so don't forget to smile :) Feel free to either increase or decrease the intensity as needed as there will be multiple fitness levels attending. I can't wait to meet you. You better come say hello to me :D. I wanna a big sweaty hug from you :D:D:D.

PS

Bring cover up clothes to change into if you like as showers will not be available. I usually bring baby wipes, a spritz of refreshing body mist, a dry shirt and sports bra, and I'm good to go.....see you soon!!!!

Hi All....I'm so excited to meet you too. I will have exact details as the event draws near but for now I believe the class will be about 45 minutes long and it will not have any plyo exercises. The hotel flooring is something I need to consider so I will keep the routine low impact. Wear good supportive shoes and bring a water bottle (although I am sure water will be available). I am planning on doing a lower body workout similar to STS Meso One along with spurts of low impact cardio. The press will all be there and joining us too so don't forget to smile :) Feel free to either increase or decrease the intensity as needed as there will be multiple fitness levels attending. I can't wait to meet you. You better come say hello to me :D. I wanna a big sweaty hug from you :D:D:D.

Thanks so much for answering my many questions. I don't have STS so I don't really know what Meso one is but I will look around your website to see if I can figure it out. I feel better knowing there will be multiple fitness levels attending, I feel I am really good with the cardio and step aerobics but not as good with push-ups and things like that. Anyway, I am really looking forward to the event and I am going to come and say hello to you. Can we bring a camera and take pics?

Looking forward to working out with you,

Loralie

Hooray! This is exciting news. I can manage through Meso One without looking too foolish. Thanks for the baby wipes tip - that's a good one I would never have thought of. Thanks for answering our questions!

Cathe, I can't wait to meet you! I've wanted to go on one of the road trips for the longest time.
I love STS and I was so disappointed when I finished it. LOL. I am planning a 6 month rotation starting in the fall, hopefully with STS cardio.

So it will be weights, and you will have weights there? How many will be in the "class"?

Thanks, and fill us in with more info as you get it.
Barbara P

Sounds FANTASTIC!! I'm even more excited now:D

Hi Manyardsmom! We will see if we can get some footage while we are there but the major news media is most likely going to feature it on the news that night too. Some of them are also attending the class. It's going to be fun.

For those of us who can't make it will you have footage on Cathe TV afterwards? Would love to see what I missed!

I'm going to be on the news!!!!! oh my god - now what do I wear? (my fat has a tendency to make me look fat!)

NY25 I've been thinking the same thing....to buy new outfit or wear my old ones that only the basement sees:p

Oh wow, this sounds SO AWESOME! I am trying to get the day off from work to come - it would be so fun to do STS with you!!! And be on TV? Not a bad thing ;-)

Hi Manyardsmom! We will see if we can get some footage while we are there but the major news media is most likely going to feature it on the news that night too. Some of them are also attending the class. It's going to be fun.

Major news media? eeeeeeeeck!!

should I set my DVR? LOL

should be fun though. I can't wait!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.