Its Time!

DirtDiva

Cathlete
STS Rotation #5...I feel it coming on! My plan this time is to go back to 3 times a week, but will be adding in LIS on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I'm hoping for a snowy winter for my usual early evening cardio, or it will be indoor cycling or one of Cathe's cardio workouts. I'm going to give this a whirl and see if LIS meshes with STS. I plan on using very light weights with LIS and focus more on the element of functional training and heart rate elevation. I'm excited to tuck in Yoga and Barre into this rotation, and will be pushing the longer pre-mixes.

This sounds like something I've been consideing all weekend when I completed STS M3 last week and was wondering if LIS would mesh with STS. It sounds like LIS goes at a quicker pace than STS so I wouldn't be able to lift as heavy as I like so my thinking is along the same lines as you - light weights with LIS and continue my heavy lifting 3X a week with STS. Which STS will you be starting with?

This sounds like something I've been consideing all weekend when I completed STS M3 last week and was wondering if LIS would mesh with STS. It sounds like LIS goes at a quicker pace than STS so I wouldn't be able to lift as heavy as I like so my thinking is along the same lines as you - light weights with LIS and continue my heavy lifting 3X a week with STS. Which STS will you be starting with?

I just did Disc #1, Meso #1....and it was sublime! STS never fails to move me, oooh the music! The cool thing was my starting weights all had to to be tweaked upward, especially bicep curls with the bar and chest flies. Tomorrow I am going to do the first LIS workout which for me will be Turbo Barre. I'm going to give this an honest go. Now if I can only get my STS Banner on my signature line, its not working.

STS Rotation #5...I feel it coming on! My plan this time is to go back to 3 times a week, but will be adding in LIS on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I'm hoping for a snowy winter for my usual early evening cardio, or it will be indoor cycling or one of Cathe's cardio workouts. I'm going to give this a whirl and see if LIS meshes with STS. I plan on using very light weights with LIS and focus more on the element of functional training and heart rate elevation. I'm excited to tuck in Yoga and Barre into this rotation, and will be pushing the longer pre-mixes.

I was about to start STS (for the first time) when the LIS series came out. So, I put STS on "hold"...but I'm anxious to start STS after hearing all the fabulous reviews! I was hoping Cathe would do a LIS/STS rotation. In the meantime, I think I will start STS anyway and try to work in LIS on my cardio days, but use light weights.

I was about to start STS (for the first time) when the LIS series came out. So, I put STS on "hold"...but I'm anxious to start STS after hearing all the fabulous reviews! I was hoping Cathe would do a LIS/STS rotation. In the meantime, I think I will start STS anyway and try to work in LIS on my cardio days, but use light weights.

I know...I was thinking the same thing. For me though, everything revolves around STS and for some reason I think that LIS will fit in there just fine. If it doesn't, I can always turn it down a couple of notches and stretch it out. I didn't think I could do STS double time and that's been the best rotation so far. I know you will love STS!

Cathe said she was going to do a STS/LIS rotation but she only posted 2 rotations and not the three as she mentioned. Wondered if she will post one today. I want to start STS but waiting to received meso 1.

If Cathe doesn't post a rotation then I planned on doing STS 3 days a week, using the cardio from LIS 3 days a week, and getting in some yoga in the evening.

Rhonda

Double time? Are you referring to the 6 month rotation?

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

I doubled up on STS, so I did six discs in one week. Meso 1, Week 1 is supposed to be discs 1-3, but I did 1-6 and would rest on Sunday. The following week 7-12 and so on. Instead of 3-1/2 months it was cut in half.

Honestly, after doing Disc 1 yesterday, I'm itching to get back to double time.

DirtDiva: I'm the same as you! Lol. Everything else centers around STS! I was trying to wait for the new workouts before starting my latest round of STS, but when they didn't arrive by October 1st, I didn't blink an eye...just went ahead and started & decided to fit the other stuff in whenever the time came. Worked out perfect because they arrived in time for my recovery week, and I get a chance to try them all out this wk, & see how they'll fit for the remainder of my rotation. I'm doing the pyramid this time around, so I really could not wait any longer :rolleyes: . What can I say? It was time!! ;)

Cheers to your 5th go-round! :D

Last edited:
DirtDiva: I'm the same as you! Lol. Everything else centers around STS! I was trying to wait for the new workouts before starting my latest round of STS, but when they didn't arrive by October 1st, I didn't blink an eye...just went ahead and started & decided to fit the other stuff in whenever the time came. Worked out perfect because they arrived in time for my recovery week, and I get a chance to try them all out this wk, & see how they'll fit for the remainder of my rotation. I'm doing the pyramid this time around, so I really could wait any longer. What can I say? It was time!! ;)

Cheers to your 5th go-round! :D

Yay...I'm not alone! That is a GREAT idea, putting LIS in during rest weeks. One question... since I'm still thinking of going back to 6x a week..what is The Pyramid system?

Wow 6 days a week with STS. did you add in anything else or just do STS? do you feel you overtrained doing weights this often?

I am hoping Meso one is shipped soon so it gets here. I may just pull out Meso 2 and get going with that.

have you seen improvements/results with each round you do?
Rhonda

Wow 6 days a week with STS. did you add in anything else or just do STS? do you feel you overtrained doing weights this often?

I am hoping Meso one is shipped soon so it gets here. I may just pull out Meso 2 and get going with that.

have you seen improvements/results with each round you do?
Rhonda

Yes, lots of cycling because I belong to a very active mountainbiking group. It was why I wanted to double up because cycling eats my muscle.

No I didn't feel I over-trained, and I had zero incidents with doubling STS. I've been seriously lifting weights for a very long time, so I know my body plus I easily recognize over-training symptoms. For someone new to this, I would stick with the 3-1/2 month rotation and do it as designed.

Improvements...hmmm....gosh I have to say each time my form improves and my numbers go up. Today again I increased my weights on the barbell, so that made me smile. I have zero problems with weight, including the ability to have a glass of wine or two in the evening and not worrying about every last calorie. That is nice.

Today I finished disc 2 and I've decided on 6x a week. Can't help it, Kikster made me do it...haha. I'm going to add in LIS in the evening and big time during the one week breaks.

..what is The Pyramid system?

Doing M1-2-3-2-1, to incorporate the "bulk/cut" factor w/o getting rid of the endurance aspect needed in the beginning in order to lift the heavier weights in the end. It also gives me much more "play" w/my calories, like you were saying, since I'll also be pyramiding my cals during this time, so as to allow for maximum muscle growth during the heavier weight phases :D (making it perfect for my winter eating habits :eek: because I'll have higher cal intake during the middle 3 meso's :eek: ) Can't wait to see how this little experiment goes....

Don't you just love STS? So many ways to do it, so little time..... :p

I doubled up on STS, so I did six discs in one week. Meso 1, Week 1 is supposed to be discs 1-3, but I did 1-6 and would rest on Sunday. The following week 7-12 and so on. Instead of 3-1/2 months it was cut in half.

Honestly, after doing Disc 1 yesterday, I'm itching to get back to double time.

How did you work the rest week?

Doing M1-2-3-2-1, to incorporate the "bulk/cut" factor w/o getting rid of the endurance aspect needed in the beginning in order to lift the heavier weights in the end. It also gives me much more "play" w/my calories, like you were saying, since I'll also be pyramiding my cals during this time, so as to allow for maximum muscle growth during the heavier weight phases :D (making it perfect for my winter eating habits :eek: because I'll have higher cal intake during the middle 3 meso's :eek: ) Can't wait to see how this little experiment goes....

Ooooh....me likey! I am so going to do this! Thank you...

I am trying to get my ticker to work, it keeps saying BB URL is not allowed yet I can see the ticker displayed on my Edit Signature. Hopefully the geek squad at Cathe can help me.

Oh I forgot, are you doubling this too? So I would follow this sequence, but I want to do it 6 times a week. Is that part of your plan?

I like this idea of the pyramid system. I think I will do it this way. Hope to get Meso 1 soon.

Rhonda

How did you work the rest week?

Okay this is not recommended, but I didn't take any rest weeks last time I doubled. I didn't feel the need to, I was not burning out, I wasn't fatiguing during group rides and I had no problem getting up in the morning. I still think nutrient timing is key, really clean protein and lots of it, and eating as close to the ground as possible (which means very simply). Plus sleep, have to get the hours in.

This time around though, I'm going to take the breaks and do straight LIS for the week off.

I just did CycleMax and I burned 420 calories and that workout is going to fit in really well in the evening with STS.

Oh I forgot, are you doubling this too? So I would follow this sequence, but I want to do it 6 times a week. Is that part of your plan?

No I haven't been doubling, been nursing an Achilles injury :(, so def tryin to go a s easy as possible for the first couple of meso's. I wish I were superwoman, like you, lol, & didn't overtrain so easily :p. But, unfortunately I do...and DID :rolleyes: , thus the Achilles nightmare...

I'd be the first to admit- The option to finish so quickly, is SO tempting, though, rofl!

If you do pyramid double time, please keep me posted...again :p ...I'm interested in the results. Meantime I'll be doing the pyramid traditional-style (3xs/wk), & we can compare notes :D

I plan on starting Monday as I will have my Meso 1 by then. I plan on doing another leg workout with the rotation.

M-STS upper
T-LIS cardio
W-STS lower
Th-LIS cardio
Fr- STS upper
Sat - cardio and thinking about LIS Trisets lower

In the evening doing some Yoga/Stretch.
Hoping to continue on my weight loss journey while toning up.

Rhonda

Rhonda, since this'll be your first time through, why don't you join one of the STS check-ins :) ? It really helped me to stay accountable my last go rounds. Plus it's fun to be able to talk w/people who are doing it with you, or who've done it before, so you know what to expect. It's also fun to see how different everyone responds to the program, & how they make it work for them ;).

I'm in two of the checkins. STS body rockers, & STS pyramid. The pyramid is for those doing the way I described above, and the Body Rockers is a check-in from earlier this year (formerly called STS New Years Challenge) where all the ladies are in different stages of STS. Some have recently finished, some just starting or on the middle (I'm on recovery wk from m1)...

Either way, feel free to join in the fun :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.