It's September! Who cares?!

a7bf71f86fd9f09c5fc88c66a4150327.jpg
fall color on the hill with moon in sky, getting ready for our 74 mile ride

Hi all

Mary - yes, I think I'm going to preorder. I'm going to add ICE and LBB as well. Might as well!

Lisa - great pics. Looks like a really good trip and nice weather. How long a drive from where you are was it? Would you go away for longer next time?

Did an Amy Bento weights workout today. Looking forward to the weekend. Going for lunch tomorrow and that's about it. Probably a bit of cleaning in there somewhere ...

PS I just watched the video. Lisa, you sound like Meryl Streep!!

I took Suki for a walk today, tried out doing a bit more hill, I felt it in the bottom outside of foot, but being careful to progress slowly! I feel the pain there too when I put the ball of my foot on the pedal vs the arch. Proof positive that the clipped in standing spinning contributed to this whole foot/ankle mess. Then I did ICE CUB (I like that one). Ronne, lol about Meryl Streep. It was a 6 hr drive thru pure boring countryside (north thru Wyoming then a bit east into South Dakota. It was so windy in Wyoming on the way up. We might stay maybe 1 more night next time. I've already planned out how I would do it again :). We bought an annual pass (you have to pay to be on the trail), so I think that's more reason to go in late spring (late May), after snow/mush and before the school crowds and before the summer heat. There's a flat bike trail up in the Northeast I might like to do one time (we'd have to rent bikes and a regular bike would be fine since it's flat, but I could never have done this past trip with a regular bike), I've always wanted to see Acadia National Park in Maine and they happen to have a good bike path. Have a good weekend all.....we will still be resting up and of course a couple bike rides :). I'm feeling stronger in areas I didn't know a bike would work.

And happy birthday Mary! Are we baby boomers or gen x. I thought I was always a boomer (youngest since boomer started in 1964), but survivor (is anyone watching it) has 1963 starting gen x.

Hello

Happy birthday Mary!

Lisa - I always thought baby boomer was to 1964 as well. I'm Gen X. That sounds like a long way to go for just two nights so I would definitely want to stay longer (but then I do like my holidays!).

We got some fab news. DH is keeping his job. It was a surprise but we're so pleased. I'm sure it will eventually happen but this gives us a bit of breathing space. So, I've just preordered and added ICE and LBB!
Did RWH CST today and got some yoga in at the weekend.

Ronne, that is wonderful news about DH! Now you have time to prepare if it should happen again (hope not!). My older DS company had some layoffs and HR called him in to tell him he was one, he goes to the manager for his exit interview and the mgr was shocked and said there has to be some mistake. Turns out they had the WRONG PERSON, it was supposed to be someone named Kyler not Tyler. He continued to brush up his resume for the future and ended up with some good contacts. I think in the west, it's pretty normal to have to drive 4-6 hrs to get anywhere. I remember once we went to Mesa Verde and we were confused on if we drove or took a shuttle, the park ranger was like 'In America we drive' --- guess he thought we were from some other country.

So workout wise, DH and I went for a ride saturday, didn't get very far. He crashed in some loose gravel and was holding the leash at the time and Suki got loose. Thankfully she didn't run away and I was able to get her. The gearing on the handlebar must have hit so hard it's broken and still in the shop. So we only got 6 miles in Saturday, then Sunday we went 20 miles, DH on his regular bike. He was so proud of himself. I had to use the motor a couple of times to catch up to him! I was too tired to do much today, but I did get GS BSB in. I've been doing so many light UB workouts I decided it was time to lift some meaningful weight ;).

Hello

Lisa - glad it turned out OK for your DS. Yes, we'll just be prepared, it will certainly happen but maybe in 18 months or so. Six hours from us gets you up to Scotland!

KCM Slim Sculpting premix plus another Stretch Max segment. I pumped up my stability ball, it had gone very soft. I'm a couple of centimetres taller on it now.

Ronne, looks like it's just you and I for a bit. Yes, on the east coast too 6 hrs gets you further too. There's just so much open land out here. When we went to Mesa Verde (beautiful - look it up), once you went to the park ranger station to get a tour into the ruins (you can't go without a tour), we thought the ruins were close, but it was still a good half hour. There is nothing out there!

DH and I did a 22 mile bike ride, he's still on his manual bike. I was very happy to have a pedal assist! We had a nice time and I braved real roads (ones with a bike lane and low speeds) to get back home. I was on pedal assist level 2 and DH was keeping up, got my heart rate up quite high as we pushed to make green lights :). Got the endorphins flowing, feels good!

Hello

Lisa - we'll keep each other company! I had a look at Mesa Verde, looks amazing! It sounds a bit like the Northern Territories in Australia. We did a three hour drive and there was nothing for miles.

Did the step portion of Intensity. It was just a smidge easier, I think the Hiit has made a difference. Sun is shining so I've got my washing out.

Hello! Ronne, I'm so relieved for you and your family! That's a stress off of you for a bit. I broke down and ordered the new ones last night, they sound good. Lisa, are you keeping track of all this miles? It has to be in the thousands! Hello to everyone else! Not much new here, barre yesterday, hiit today. Just errands today, did all my housework and mowed the grass yesterday. And work, I had energy.....yesterday! Good day! Mary

A 22 mile ride with DH on his regular bike. Rode bigger hills, he did good but was tired (I would have been wiped out all day). Picked up his fixed pedal assist bike so I guess he'll pick and choose which to ride. My left rear delt has been sore (in a good way) since GS. It's right where the pain was from the nerve impinging in my neck. I wonder if the nerve finally repaired and now the muscle is firing better. I thought at one time I read how nerves slowly regrow after damage (if it wasn't too severe). Anyways, glad you joined us Mary, yes, I've ridden 2200 miles since I started. Ronne, great about intensity feeling easier! The body is an amazing thing!

Hi there

Mary - thank you. The new ones do sound good, don't they? The other ones I ordered have been despatched so I'm looking forward to getting them. I cut the grass as well yesterday. Hoping it might be for the last time this year.

Lisa - that is an incredible amount of miles! Well done.

RWH BSB but I did the no shoulders premix which was good. I'm going to the theatre in London tonight with a friend and then I'm taking the day off tomorrow to go shopping with DD. So, I probably won't be around till next week. Have a good weekend everyone.

Good morning! Today did a barre workout, just something light. Was starting to feel a bit beat up! Ronne, have fun! Lisa, that is A LOT of miles! Joining you! Lol! Just busy with work, they just asked me to do another class. Starting next week, I'll only have Thursday's off during the week. The cash will help! Work and football tomorrow, Saturday we are going to Kent State for the football game and Sunday we are going to the wooly bear festival to see how bad the winter will be! I'll let you know! Good day to all! Mary

I tested my foot/ankle with a 3 mile walk along most of my normal terrain.. It felt ok until about 3/4 thru and I was ready to be home, now it hurts a bit. So slowly getting there, for now based on how I feel I know I can't walk more than once a week if I go far or maybe 2 times a week if they are short. Then I did GS CT. Mary, they say we might have a warmer, less precip winter but we don't have any festival! Ronne, Have fun with your friend. Is the theatre a movie or is it a live performance?

Hello ladies

Mary - Are you glad you're doing an extra class? Will it be different kind of stuff you're teaching?

Lisa - it was a live play. Very good. I didn't get home till 12.45 in the morning though so was a bit tired the next day!

Had a lovely day shopping with DD on Friday, I melted my credit card! Buying stuff for her, birthday presents for DH and I did get a couple of things for me (jumper, jeans and trainers) so can't complain.
Got my hair done on Saturday (much needed, I'm so grey!) then met a friend for lunch.
Did some yoga yesterday and a CF premix today. My DVDs are in the country but I've got to pay a customs charge before I can get them. Should be here on Wednesday. Damn! What should I start with from ICE?

Hey Ronne, it's October, I was going to start a new thread but didn't want your post to get missed so I'm just adding on :). It would take me days to recover from being out that late! I haven't done much ICE, but for UB stuff. I do think the meltdowns are the bomb. I enjoy CUB too, it has some different moves that makes it interesting. My foot/ankle kinda hurt from my 3 mile walk last week, so I know I still need to baby it so the bike it is! And boy have I been riding! We got Suki to learn out to walk with a bike attachment, she loves it and it's easier for me. So DH did 22 miles I think on Saturday, then he left Sunday, so Suki and I did about 12 miles. Today I didn't want to get out all by myself, but Suki was going crazy doing her shiba run around the house so I headed out and boy I'm glad I did! 24 miles and Suki walked 4 of them. A gorgeous fall day with beautiful leaves, we were out about 3 hrs. It was a bit breezy and then on the way home we hit a headwind, a hill, and gravel which makes it hard, but I pushed myself to use my own power and passed some cyclists! But up the steep part was so happy to have pedal assist! Tomorrow Suki and I will head out again, we have so much more fun with her able to hook onto the bike for her 1 mile walks about 4 times during the ride. Later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.