It's September! Who cares?!

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! New month! Times flying! I totally forgot what everyone is up to without my "notes" from the previous month! Hope all is well with all, today did a Fit by Julia workout, HIIT intervals and tabata. Might not make it around until next week, work tomorrow, DS (youngest) has a football game tomorrow night, DD is marching in her first college game Saturday, Sunday family picnic, Monday friend's picnic. Yikes! Have a good day all! Mary

Ah, it is a new month! Thought I'd post just so I could easily find this thread again. No real workout. DH and I took the bikes and puttered around the park, went about 10 miles.

23 miles today. Trying to get rid of a headache, boo. DS visiting, should be hear soon. Roxie, did you feel earthquake? Jody, hope you make your date, lol you posted in Aug forum!

Hi everyone

We're back. Had a lovely week, weather was pretty good, we got a day at the beach and also went to an outdoor pool. Did a little bit of walking, went to Land's End and saw some magnificent views. Cornwall is really beautiful. We also went mackerel fishing and ate what we caught that night.
Back to work today, very busy! Just time for a KCM, did a mix up premix from Trim Down.

Lisa - sounds like you're keeping up with the cycling. Have fun with DS.

Mary - doesn't sound like life has got any quieter!

HI all! How's everyone's weekend? Has been good so far, workouts in, lots of football and music, and sun. Just getting ready for the work week today. Ronne, sounds like a beautiful week. When you said Lands End, I first thought you meant the store! (We have them here). Lisa, hope your head is better. Jody, in November!? We will have to figure out dates! I'm psyched! Hello to everyone else! Good day to all! Mary

Got some easy workouts in over this holiday weekend. 15 mile bike ride yesterday, HR UB premix today. It's sooooooo hot today, 90! Went to store to find some vests to wear when I ride since it's cool here some mornings and my shoulder starts hurting (that's my residual spot from that compressed nerve in neck, imagine if I had waited). Anyway, got some good deals! 2 fleece like ones and one puffy (but not overly puffy) one, all for $80, I saved $110!
Ronne, welcome back! I keep forgetting it's Monday since it's our labor day holiday. Mary, sounds like you had a good holiday weekend!

Hello

Mary - they do actually have a shop at Land's End! (There's a weird little collection of entertainments there, we just bypassed it and looked at the views).

Lisa - I've got a feeling vests means something different to us ... (sleeveless tops you wear in the summer here!) Successful shopping anyway.

Did HR LB premix. Busy with work. Weather very strange, warm but cloudy. I've got the washing out anyway!

HI all. No workouts to report. I was crazy stick the last week of August (stomach bug that would not quit - had to get IV fluids TWICE!), last week I was taking care of my nephew's stinky lizards - they were in my workout area and gave me such a headache, ugh! and then, my Fit Tower came and the dvd's don't work on my player or on the computer (I am having problems with discs playing on both units) but, they do play on the main house player. So, I have to get the computer looked at and get a another dvd player - my dad is getting rid of one so I will probably take that one. Anyway, the kids are back at school and I am feeling better. Waves to all!

Murphy

29 miles this morning, was a cloudy, cool morning and was very happy I had my new vest! Ronne, to me a vest is a jacket without sleeves. Attached pic I made DH take. Murphy, that sounds pretty awful, glad you're doing better! The DVD player problem just adds insult to injury
15bd77571b6e09f7cec0f7d9b446777e.jpg

Hello! Today did a hiit/strength workout. Murphy, that sounds miserable! Glad you're feeling better! I think the lizards would be on their own! Lisa, cute vest! I don't have any, but I do love a good sale! Ronne, humid here too. I'm about ready for a little fall coolness! Hello to Jody and Roxie's! I have to get moving, DS has a dentist appointment! Good day to all! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - do you get a new timetable each new work year or is it always the same?

Lisa - Not sure what I'd call that - a gilet probably or sleeveless jacket. I like the out of shot dog!

Murphy - how frustrating for you! Anyway glad to hear you're feeling better.

RWH HCUB done.Got very sweaty. I just wish the sun would shine, it's so overcast but warm. Hard to get the washing dry. I need to get in the garden and tidy it up. Lawn needs mowing and we've got loads of rotting plums everywhere from next door's plum tree. Yuk!

I surprised DH with a ride to see our old house, he had no idea where he was (and neither did I at times it's all so much grown now), once we emerged from the path (not sure where all those big trees came from, I think they were barely noticeable sapplings 24 yrs ago) he then knew where we were. 28 miles today and I promised him it wouldn't be as long as yesterday, whoops, well it was 1 mile less! Ronne, lol that you'd notice the out of shot dog! It wasn't as cool today and my left shoulder was hurting so I rubbed some stuff like icey hot, or ben gay, whew, I was sweating I think it made more than my shoulder warm! I have a crabapple tree that I didn't plant that drops it's non edible fruit, yuck is right, thankfully it's in the far corner. Mary, I think I've graduated from scarves to vests....the neck muscles are pretty good (especially with my hair down) but that pesky left shoulder will always be a problem. I do like vests better than scarves!

Good Evening,

I had a busy weekend my GS turned four Saturday and we spent the rest of the time at the lake. I have restarted the eight day rotation from KCM Monday was Your Best Body 1 yesterday was Athletic Conditioning 2 and today was AC 1.

Lisa-I did feel the earthquake my tv shook the blinds on the window went crazy and my chair shook scared me to death.

Hello

Lisa - I would have thought that DH would know not to trust you! You do like your long bike rides.

Roxie - wow, an earthquake!

Nice sunny day at last. Did some yoga as I needed to stretch and relax a bit.
Work still v busy but I'm not complaining.

HI girls! Today did a YouTube workout and cleaned the house. Ronne, each semester is a little different, depending on what classes are available. Enjoy that sun! Lisa, Suki was so cute on Instagram! And I got to hear your voice! Both very sweet! Roxie, I cannot believe that your grand baby is 4 all ready!!! Where is my life going?? Hi to Jody and Murphy! I need to go run some errands, good day to all! Mary

Easy day today. About 1 mile walk because Suki wanted to go home after her business was done. I've always had to coax her some to not turn back home, but she's getting worse about it and I really have no business walking a lot (though my foot continues getting better but I'm being careful). Then I did CTX UB. Ronne , very hot here today and tomorrow should be a big drop again. When it's cool out I can just keep exploring more and more on the bike. I'm amazed at our bike path infrastructure and how far I can go without getting on say roads! Mary, I hate hearing myself talk, I think we always don't sound like we think we do.

Hello

Mary - any weekend plans?

Lisa - the walk sounds ideal for you. Suki is obviously being very considerate! It's great that you can just stick to bike paths, it makes it a lot more appealing.

Did AB 6-10 premix. I've got the Friday afternoon twitch. I can't be bothered to work but I've got to get things finished. Just want to start the weekend.
Going to a party (!!!) tomorrow night - friend of a friend's 50th. There will be dancing ...
Then Sunday is our wedding anniversary and we're going for lunch.

Another ride and another day listening to DH tell me how I drag him too far (secretly he likes it), 28 miles. Ronne, sounds like a fun weekend!

Hi everyone

Sorry to be MIA, we got some bad news yesterday. DH is being made redundant. There are still discussions to be had and it may be possible there would be another job for him so all is not too dark. But there'll be a few weeks of uncertainty while everything is sorted out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.