It's Hump Day MELTERS!

What is your same exact lunch? I like routine, myself. I'll play around a little with the exchange lists this weekend when I have more time to you know, like - BREATHE.

Kishies!

Leanne--I forgot to tell you...that is a genius plan about BIL moving out and a get-away, pure genius! I am so happy for you!

BG -- Daniel is ADORABLE!!! That is so fun that he did your hair! Did he give you any scoop on the outcome of the show? Do you think you'll go back to him?

Kara -- Count your blessings that Emma doesn't like to shop!;)

I just got done doing Newport

Holy fu*@in hot potato. Are you kidding me? Do you know how hard that is with a 25 pound KB. Talk about having to keep your stomach muscles tight. It will definitely be a challenge to be able to do that whole thing. I liked it a lot though. When I was done, I went back and watched the intro, women are supposed to start, regardless of fitness level, with an 8kg KB, that is a little over 16 pounds. No wonder it was so fu*@in hard. Oh well.

Tneah - you will LOVE, LOVE this workout. There is an ab section in every round. Right up your alley.

Kara - okay, bald, hot pink shirt, no boobs. Gotcha. I think I will be able to find you. I still have not even packed everything yet. I am such a procrastinator.

I need to go find something to eat. I think I am going to have tomato slices with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese. Yummy.

BBL guys.

Wahoo! Peggie liked it! Isn't it hard? Oh man, I heart Anthony! I can't believe you only used a 25# KB. You are a beast! Good job!

Breckie--Well, my lunch is a piece of fruit, handful of baby carrots, 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, 2 pieces of toasted low carb bread-one with Naturally more PB and the other with reduced fat swiss cheese, and seltzer water. Exciting, eh?

Kristi--I know I will be thankful in a few years!

Whew, my internet was out for awhile and I was a bit worried it would stay out. It was not just internet, but cable and phone, too (because they are all through our cable company). I finally tried to reboot the connective thingey upstairs one more time and it worked (that or the company fixed whatever might be wrong out there in cableland). Meanwhile, I left you a message on your cell phone, Leanne, letting you know I did our workout. :p Then I had to get Ewan down for his nap before coming down here to try the computer again.

I will come back in a bit for personals, but for now I want to rest a bit and hydrate.

I'm.so.bored.

And tired.

This day couldn't possibly drag any more. I am actually falling asleep at my desk. I can't take it. Plus I'm in a rotten mood. I'm sorry I'm so crabby, you guys. You're all correct--I'm totally Eeyore. When it rains it pours. I just want to scream and cry right now.

Holy Shee-ot! You all have been busy little beavers today!

BG, *chuckles* so I see Mr. Trainerman "enlightened' you on the evils of aspartame and soy. heehee...yeah, I got that lecture too, although I have avoided soy like the plague, leftover from my bodybuilding days, have always had trainers steer me away from the stuff, plus I hate it. Cardio choices?? Let me see, I did itrains, Imax 1 and 2, Spinervals which are spinning workouts done on the stationary...the elliptical...you name it, I did it! Just cut off your Cathe workouts at the 40 minute mark. Its alot of planning and alot of little meals, try not to skip them cause you will get super duper hungry, I swear it!

DH is trying to talk to me so have to cut this short...

Wow -- I'm getting rid of all soy right this very minute! What do I need to avoid -- soy milk, soybeans, edamame, tofu, soy protein? Anything else that I'm not thinking of???????????? Help me b/c I do not want to hold on to fat, thank you very much!

Kristi-
First of all, you don't have any fat to hold onto! Second of all, remember--all things in moderation, pumpkin. There are a lot of great things about soy products that you shouldn't give up. Breckie's giving up soy because she's on a drastic meal/exercise plan. No need for YOU to toss every bit of soy in your kitchen. I don't know of any scientific research that verifies that claim about soy anyway.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as preachy. And Breckie--I CERTAINLY don't want to offend you or your program. I just think it's important for everyone not to jump on any type of bandwagon before you research it more. I know I won't be giving up my soy anytime soon. It's not like I eat nothing but soy all day--moderation is the key, right?

Oh dear. I hope no one's offended. I'm in a craptastic mood so please forgive me if I just came off as a wretched b*tch.:eek:

I have a book by a scientist guy who discovered the picolinated form of chromium. It is called something like Funny Thing About Nutrition. Anyway, his chapter on soy is called "The Lady is a Tramp." I avoid it as much as humanly possible.

Tneah - I am not kidding you, you are going to love Newport. I can't wait to hear how you like it when you get it.

Kara - how about those Matrix punches. those are kind of interesting, no?

Oh Allie - don't you worry. Like I said, I don't know much about all that, but what I do know is that I've paid for this program, and he knows his stuff (what works and what doesn't for what I'm trying to achieve) and so I'm following his advice. Does that mean I'll never eat tofu or mukimame/edamame again? Probably not (cuz I simply adore that stuff - but I've never eaten a lot of it... though I was surprised there was soy in a RTD protein shake I was using! I had no idea). But right now, it's taboo for me, so I'm not doing it, and am careful to avoid it. Again, what works for some, doesn't work for others. There's always research out there to support whatever belief we choose, right? I was just explaining what Mr. Trainerman told me about my program, not necessarily trying to get anyone to follow in suit. So no worries, okay?

Cool that Leanne and Lainie worked out together! Glad your internet came back, my little twin, Lainiebug.

Last edited:
Kara - your lunch actually sounds quite de-lish, save the cottage cheese. *gags* I used to like it as a child, but cannot choke it down as an adult to save my life! Of course, right now I'm on no dairy either, so I don't have to worry about it. Seltzer water? mmmmmmmm What kind? I'm a huge San Pelligrino or Perrier drinker - and there's some Mexican water we recently discovered called something like Topo Chico that is quite tasty too! Luckily, Mr Trainerman said those count towards my massive amounts of water. *whew*:D

I miss our old smilies. These just aren't the same.*pouts*

Allie -- thank you for being the voice of reason!!!

BG -- please keep sharing all that you learn -- that way we can research the things that interest us. You are totally right that we can find research to support whatever we want to believe! I always say that you have to be very careful doing medical research online because you can convince yourself that you are dead.:)

Hey ladies!

Lainie and I completed our dual workouts!

So soy is a tramp, huh? :p I don't think I can give up soy. I love me my tofu. Sigh. Course, that's probably why I've got plenty of fat to go round. Speaking of soy, have any of you tried the chocolate-covered soy nuts from Trader Joe's? (Oops! Sorry to talk about chocolate -- and soy! ;))

Peggie -- I laughed so hard I almost cried when I read your comments about Newport! You are INSANE, woman, to do that workout with 25#! Absolutely INSANE! You are such a riot! All that ab work in Newport just fries me. I love those Matrix punch thingies!

Breckie -- Interesting about the soy! I don't really eat a lot of meat, so I think I would starve to death on Mr. Trainer's diet. I miss our old smilies, too! :(

Kristi -- Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your words of wisdom!! You are such a gem!!!

Lainie -- Glad your internet is back up and running!

Tneah -- Cantcha just ignore DH and come play with us instead?;) Peggie's right that you're going to LOOOOVE Newport!

Kara -- I'm pasty white, too. VERY pasty white. Sigh. Your daily lunch sounds yummy! I always end up eating the same things, too. It's so easy to fall into a rut!

Speaking of lunch, I better go eat some! Smoochies!

OK, I’m back but not feeling quite up to par. I feel a little queasy or something. It’s probably that evil Aunt Flow who showed up this morning. :( Apparently we are on the same schedule, Allie. Ugh, right before RT! I was hoping it would start earlier so I could get it over with beforehand. So I started the next pack of pills today in hopes of shortening the evil. Then post-RT I’ll take a week off the pills and let her finish her wrath. Hope it works.

Deb, don’t know what to tell you about the weird post screen-size issue. I don’t have that problem. What browser do you use? I use Firefox (on a Mac) and they said they tested the forums on Firefox, so I guess that’s why it works better. Oh, and that website you gave Shannon is a real fun timewaster.

Shelley, hope the weather cooperates for you today. We had the storms here overnight and it’s sort of threatening to rain all day but no more so far.

Allie, ah, poor Eeyore. (((HUGS))) I hope you get through your day o.k.

Shannon, yay! Good luck with the interview today! No, actually didn’t feel more rested because I was up until midnight and then woke up several times in the night. Ugh.

Kristi, thanks for more advice. I have been test running the outfits and the shoes (since I got a new pair).

Leanne, I’m glad you’re going to arrange to have more workout space. We’ve talked about moving next summer, and of course I’m hoping we do so I can have more space (in general but also more workout space). Anyway, it was fun to work out knowing you were also doing it, though 2 little boys running around interrupted me a little. Argh. I still managed to finish it in about an hour. It’s goofy but when she introduced her team, I yelled “and Leanne and Lainie!” Yeah, I’m that big of a dork. Oh, I’m planning on at least 2 pairs of sneakers, but it might end up being 3.

Peggie, I’m excited to meet you, too! I can’t believe it’s so soon already, can you? When will you get there?

Tneah, yeah, I’ve only done one KB workout so far, but it definitely worked everything—plus got my heart rate up a bit. I think it probably burned almost as many calories as a circuit workout. I think when I get back from the RT, I may start a KB rotation. Or I might rest for a week first.

Breckie, so a lot of meat, eh? I was wondering if you had to make adjustments for the braces like since we can’t eat the same nuts as everyone else. (It seems like nuts are always a big part of clean eating lists.)

Kara, when do you get to NJ? Are you one of the early birds? Yes, that was a very fun workout with Leanne. :D

Am I caught up? Whew.

** raises hand** I'm pasty white, too!

Leanne - yes, it's a lot of chicken, fish, egg whites and protein powder. But he prefers most of your protein come from natural sources. So I'm eating a LOT more meat than usual.

I AM SO HAPPY YOUR BIL IS GETTING THE HECK OUTTA DODGE!!!!

And where is that picture of the bracelet? Hmmm??? Just kidding. I hope you all have such a wonderful time on the RT. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Kristi - LOL that I could research online and find out I'm dead. I think that's a riot. But true... so true.

Lainie bug! We were posting at the same time! I think it's cute that you introduced YOUR team to Cathe! :)

Mr. Trainerman gave me a huge list of exchanges, so if I can't eat or don't particularly like something, I can substitute it for something else of equal caloric value. So no nuts for me (get your mind out of the gutter, ladies), but nut butters (that's NOT butt-nut butters) are okay. Just almond and peanut butters, that is. I just haven't had the time to switch anything around. I'm so far behind in life right now, that I'm just following it exactly. Hopefully this weekend I can sit down and sub and plan a little nicer.

I kinda sorta almost wish I was going on a RT too, but then my personality disorder (that has to be a disorder, right? Maybe I'll get online and diagnose myself... LMAO) slaps me around a little and I realize I probably make a better "tell me all about it" person than an actual participant. I hope you all have such fun!!!! Safe travels!

Last edited:
Hey Peggie, that matrix punch slays me! I ALWAYS look at that round and think, huh, no weight needed, then I curse myself once I realize what that means! Take a look at this video of Anthony doing an advanced version.
http://www.artofstrength.com/MinuteofStrengthENews/MinuteofStrength12/tabid/229/Default.aspx

Lainie—I get in at 1:10 tomorrow if the weather cooperates!

Breckie—I drink LaCroix’s Mandarin Orange. It is not as good as soda. I am very particular about cottage cheese and can only eat Breakstone’s 2%. It is super yummy. How much water must you drink per day? Does your mobile van have a bathroom?

Off to finish packing!

Breckie - that is the way I usually eat. Your program sounds very interesting.

Oh and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm- nuts

Lainie - I get in around 1:45 and am meeting up with Kara and some person I don't even know is going to give us a ride to the hotels, and we are picking up another person I don't even know. What do you think the chances are we will get there? Just kidding. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I still have not finished packing yet. Kara, if you don't hear anything from me tomorrow, that means I had to check my bag, so come to the NW baggage claim area when your plane gets in. It is in the E concourse. That is what the map said that I looked at. I googled the Philly Airport and found that out. I can't believe how smart I am sometimes, especially for being blonde. Hopefully, I won't have to check it and you can just maybe come to the gate. NW flight number 1868.

I have to go look at that link. It feels so good. My back really cracks.

BB in a few.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.