Is it my imagination . . .

maudite

I have never posted before (I'm more of a lurker), but just can't keep this to myself. I am just about to start week 2 and I swear I am already seeing results!!! Nothing major, no popping muscles or anything, but my clothes are already a little bit bigger and I feel GREAT!! I look forward to every workout because I know it will be a bit different from the last and am just so excited about this whole STS thing that I can't stay quiet and just have to tell everyone how much I LOVE IT!!! Cathe is an inspiration and as much as I curse her at times (I always apologize to the TV after) I always look forward to seeing her on my TV. Thank you and I hope that everyone else is having as wonderful an experience as I am.

I have to agree - it may be my imagination - but just one week in and I feel amazing and do feel somehow lighter and stronger. I am in LOVE with STS! One week down, many more to go! Did disc 3 today - Meso 1 legs is killer! My legs are still quivering, I swear!

I am re-excited about working out and in love with STS. I don't know that my clothes are fitting any different yet, but my mood and energy level are doing great...did the legs week1 this morning too and loved it, it was tough! I'm planning to repeat week 1 next week...not sure about doing the full 6 month rotation, but def doing meso 1 in 2 months to get used to STS.

Question, I had a really hard time this morning with the move where you do the wall squats and pick up the weights from the floor. I found that I had to go a lot lower than Cathe to reach my weights and then the pressure was in my knees and I couldn't get back up...like, my legs were practically in a 45 degree angle.....did you or anyone else experience this? or maybe I didn't have the ball setup right or something? I just held the wall squats instead of reaching for the weights.....

Question, I had a really hard time this morning with the move where you do the wall squats and pick up the weights from the floor. I found that I had to go a lot lower than Cathe to reach my weights and then the pressure was in my knees and I couldn't get back up...like, my legs were practically in a 45 degree angle.....did you or anyone else experience this? or maybe I didn't have the ball setup right or something? I just held the wall squats instead of reaching for the weights.....

I had the same issues with the wall squats. By the time I got low enough to be able to grab them, I could not get back up. I had to put the weights down and do it without them.

I had the same problem with the wall squats- so I just kept the weight in my hands.
Also I love the fact the exercises are different and you keep moving. It is not 3 sets of the same exercise- which can get boring.
This series really is inspirational:D

I had the same problem with the wall squats- so I just kept the weight in my hands.
Also I love the fact the exercises are different and you keep moving. It is not 3 sets of the same exercise- which can get boring.

Same for me on all accounts:D

I'm so happy to read these posts (and will keep them in mind when I get to the wall squats). I am just getting something in my stomach and then I'll be starting with the very first workout in just a bit. Just took my measurements and entered them into the Body Log (ugh!) and am looking forward to seeing that graph dip at the start of the next mesocycle.

Agree on all accounts!

I also thought I already feel a difference. I just started this week & after only 2 workouts I saw more definition in my arms & I feel great! I did Meso 1 legs today & agree it is awesome. I had the same problem w/wall squats. I had trouble getting back up once I got low enough to pick up the dumbells so I ended up dropping down in weight (twice) & then it was just a little easier : ) I loved that every exercise was different. Firewalkers w/the new green band was really hard! I hope that sucker stretches out soon because that band was also difficult on the Back/Tri workout the other day. I also did the med ball abs today & that was tough right from the start - LOVE IT!!!

Towards the end of the set I too kept the weights in my hand. I had a hard time getting the ball position on my back just right. It kept riding up to my shoulders almost.

Saundra

I am going into my second week and I was just thinking that today!! My son (2 in march) does not seem as heavy when I pick him up... STS ROCKS!!!! I am totally lovin it!
Tracy

Last edited:
I have never posted before (I'm more of a lurker), but just can't keep this to myself. I am just about to start week 2 and I swear I am already seeing results!!! Nothing major, no popping muscles or anything, but my clothes are already a little bit bigger and I feel GREAT!! I look forward to every workout because I know it will be a bit different from the last and am just so excited about this whole STS thing that I can't stay quiet and just have to tell everyone how much I LOVE IT!!! Cathe is an inspiration and as much as I curse her at times (I always apologize to the TV after) I always look forward to seeing her on my TV. Thank you and I hope that everyone else is having as wonderful an experience as I am.

Congratulations!

Another one addicted to Cathe!;)

After reading your posts on the wall squats, I went up to my workout room and tried them (without weights) in different positions. I found if I start with the ball pretty low on my back (almost on my butt) and put my feet out more at a slant (like a hack squat machine) then it is the perfect position and no stress on the knees. I'm able to go all the way down to just below parellel too!

After reading your posts on the wall squats, I went up to my workout room and tried them (without weights) in different positions. I found if I start with the ball pretty low on my back (almost on my butt) and put my feet out more at a slant (like a hack squat machine) then it is the perfect position and no stress on the knees. I'm able to go all the way down to just below parellel too!

I'll try it that way next week. Thanks for the tip!:)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one....I figured everyone was going to tell me how weak I was....but thanks for the advice, I will try that this week when I do legs.

I had trouble getting that low for the wall squats too so I just set my dumbbells on their ends and was able to grab them as they "stood" taller. I know it is cheating but it worked! I am loving these workouts so much. DH & I are scheduled for disc 5 today! Woo-Hooo!

Glad I am reading about the wall squat issue. I'm doing the leg workout tomorrow - sounds tough. Figured as much - ha ha!

I did the medicine ball abs (no partner) yesterday and really liked it. Today I'm going to see what the yoga abs are all about.

I'm sure we'll all see some decent results in the arms from all those diferent types of pushups. I feel my upper body responds alot quicker than my lower body.

Well, working out with Cathe today - also doing Cardio & Weights.

I am re-excited about working out and in love with STS. I don't know that my clothes are fitting any different yet, but my mood and energy level are doing great...did the legs week1 this morning too and loved it, it was tough! I'm planning to repeat week 1 next week...not sure about doing the full 6 month rotation, but def doing meso 1 in 2 months to get used to STS.

I had a hard time with the wall squats, too. The first time I did the workout, I jut kept the weights in my hand. The next time I did the workout, I used kettle bells. This helped immensely. The handles are high enough that I only have to squat just below the 90 degree level.

If you don't have KB's, someone else posted that they used yoga blocks to have the weights up higher.

I hope this helps you.

Cheryl

I had trouble getting that low for the wall squats too so I just set my dumbbells on their ends and was able to grab them as they "stood" taller.

This what I did also for the wall squats. I stood my dumbbells on the end if for nothing else then to get use to the feel of the exercise. I may be able to go lower next time, but this worked really well!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.