Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

Hi Im Teri

New Jersey Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:Teri/terina

Previous Road Trips: 1st road trip

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) Mililani,HI

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: i was on collagevideo looking for a great step workout and found cathe (i think round 2003ish) but been consistent in last couple of years.I started out with The Firm.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: Imax 2, and which ever dvd im doing for the day :eek:

Fun Stuff:
Its my 1st road trip,and my best friend whos NEVER done a Cathe workout is coming with me just because. so last nite I let her borrow xtrain express to introduce her to Cathe.
I'm a granny who just loves to workout @ home and spend time with family. I don't have cable in our home(by choice) so our tv is strictly for dvds:D

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 18
I'm In!!

Hi! # 97 here. This will be my 3rd Cathe Road Trip. All 3 in NJ. Find out about me @ MyCatheSpace! I see some familiar names & looking forward to seeing everyone especially Cathe.
Maureen

Coming out of lurk-dom since I'm in. Fun getting to know everyone!

399573462.jpg

Name / Forum Name:
Mona Davison / lilmo

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

[email protected] / Mona Arnold Davison

Previous Road Trips

2005 and 2007

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

Pearland TX - just south of Houston

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership
I heard about Cathe on the old Firm website forums and came on board here in 2004 or 2005

Favorite DVDs/Videos
STS - all of them!!! Step Blast, Imax 2, KPC, LIC (haven't tried many of the low impact ones just yet)

Favorite Step or other moves

Fast feet shuffle, hip hop repeater, any spinning moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts
Running - I managed 2 full and 2 half marathons last year, along with numerous 5Ks and 10Ks
Adventure racing - I do the Oyster Race every year also at least 1 Warrior Dash
Fishing and hunting - I am very outdoorsy
Reading - mostly fiction and cooking magazines

Fun Stuff:
I have no idea how to use all those machines at the gym, but I can sling around dumbbells and a barbell with the best of them!

HI I'm Kristin

Name / Forum Name: Kristin Tallodi KrisS

you can find me on facebook

Previous Road Trips

New Jersey July 2008, Daytona 2010, Disney 2011

I'm from Norwalk Connecticut and currently living there

One of my step teachers let me borrow Step Heat and I've been a Cathe fan since. This is in the times of VHS so this gives you an idea. I think this was 1999-2000??

Favorite DVDs/Videos

I love everything Cathe comes out with and I am really enjoying the new low impact series so it is truly hard to pick. I love kick punch crunch and wish Cathe would come out with a part 2 and I love all of her pure step videos. I have a love/hate relationship with Intensity. One day I want to finish the monster pre-mix that includes the bootcamp segment.

I love the choerography of Step Moves, and the kicking punching combo's in Kick Punch Crunch

I just started to get into body building shows and have done 3 to date. I am hoping to compete again in June. I also have fallen in love with Mud Runs and am planning on doing one in August with my sister.

Fun Stuff: I'm currently in school to become a Registered Dietitian, and am a personal trainer at Equinox, and a group fitness instructor at a local YMCA. I teach Group Power, Group Kick, Group Step, and TRX. I am planning on getting Spinn certified and yoga. When I'm not working out or helping others I like to walk my dog Zeus with my husband, go to the movies, or hang out with my family.

Attachments

• disney fashinion show.jpg
    disney fashinion show.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 16

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!) I'm going to give it a try...

Name / Forum Name: Bridget/Zbridget

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) Bridget Zern Mejza [email protected]

Previous Road Trips- never! this is my first

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)- Stonington, CT

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership- Was a Firmie since the 80's, heard of Cathe on the Firm sparklist. My first tape was Step Heat- the tape was since eaten by a hungry VHS player, but thank goodness I was able to download it and rediscover it!

Favorite DVDs/Videos I like the high step workouts, especially High Step Challenge. I love the new LIS series- it is a masterpiece! Also IMAX 2 & 3.

Favorite Step or other moves- ah- the Pina Colada song in IMAX 2- my favorite interval

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts- I LOVE spinning! I take a spinning class 3x a week at 5am at the Y.

Fun Stuff: I see a few nurses coming too- I'm a nurse practitioner. I'm also a bit terrified that I will be working out with the uber-fit, and doing 8 workouts in less than 3 days. How thrilling too!

Last edited:
Hello: My name is Eva Volkin

A Photo

Name / Forum Name: Eva Volkin

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
This is my first!!! And I am very exciterd

Live in North Attleboro, MA

I first discovered Cathe on Collage Video dot com. I just had my first child and couldn't go to a gym as no gym near me had child watch. I was looking for advanced step/aerobic exercise videos. I didn't think they existed. I tried several videos and was doing "The Firm" videos. I still wanted something more challenging. Then one day, I discovered Cathe on collage video, bought a couple of her videos and I was hooked. I was amazed that I could get club quality aerobics right in the comfort of my own home.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
I love STS!!! It is the best. I love that it is progressive and you slowly build up according to your one rep max.
Drill Max is another one of my favorite DVD's, but I love them all

I love a lot of Cathe's moves-Flying Angel (a classic), scoop move, and the fast feet move from drill max, turning repeater (I forget the official name, but the repeater you do like a 360)

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:
Treadmill. I'm a registered nurse currently work at Providence Community Health Center in Providence, RI. I'm also a retired Navy nurse. I was active duty for 11 years and reservist for 9.

Attachments

• DSCN2056.jpg
    DSCN2056.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!) My avatar is a photo of Cathe and me from...2010 I think.

Name / Forum Name: Barbara Paola (Barbara P - how original! ;) )

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) [email protected], [email protected]

Previous Road Trips June 25, 2009 in New York City the Eggland tour kick-off
(I always remember the date since it was the same day as Michael Jackson died :( ), Glassboro in 2010 and 2011

I live in Connecticut but I was born in Buffalo and grew up in the Rochester, NY area. I've now lived half my life in Connecticut. Wow.

I got my first home computer in May of 1996, found videofitness.com right away, I was askeered of Cathe but finally bit the bullet with Power Max a few months later. The rest is history.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
All of Cathes (which I own, including some out of print VHS...) I also like the Firm and some Beach body stuff and others, I probably have between 300-400 workouts.

Ricochet, pendulum swing into squat, cha cha pony over the board, lots more

I also swim 2500 yards (about 1.5 miles) and run 3 miles 5 days a week.

Looking forward to seeing the friends I've made on previous trips, and making new ones!

my turn :)

can you see the one in my avatar ok? it is on a trail called Big Rock in DuPont State Forest near Brevard, NC

Name / Forum Name: Laina / LainaBaina

Previous Road Trips
Glassboro 2011

I grew up in Georgia and live in Dacula, GA, but I was born near Buffalo, NY. we moved down here when I was 6.

knew abt her workouts for a long time, but FitTV is where I found her, just before the STS pre-sale.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
STS, Drill Max, 4DS kickbox, MMA Boxing, Cardio Supersets, Athletic Training, but I think my most fave is AfterBurn. it is brilliant.

squat pendulum thingy, love the scissor-scissor-wide-tuck from Intensity

maybe you could guess, but mountain biking! absolutely love it and I race, too. mostly enduro. also road ride and will get to spend a week in May in Mallorca cycling with my hubby and 2 other couples who also ride. also enjoy trail running and just completed my first Tough Mudder with 4 other friends. love watching my boys play sports, too, especially basketball. i have been a group fitness instructor for almost 20 yrs but am not currently teaching anywhere. I miss it, but don't really have the extra time for it now anyway, so maybe in 5-6 yrs when the boys are in college I'll get back to it.

Fun Stuff:
Can't wait to get back to Glassboro & see everyone!

Can I play?

What a fun thread Cyn! Thanks for starting this!

Name / Forum Name:

Cathe Friedrich/Cathe

Email Address / FB Address
write to customer service and they will forward it to me :)

Previous Road Trips
I believe I went to all of them, lol

Glassboro, NJ

I grew up in north Jersey and went to Glassboro State College (now Rowan University) back in 1982-86. I met my business partner a mile from the college while teaching fitness classes part time. We formed Step N Motion aka Cathedotcom. The rest is history :)

We started our website in 1995....the web graphics were so basic and antiquated back then. We've come a long way ;)

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p
Step N Motion one holds the most special place in my heart because it was my very first step project on my own.

Not sure if I have one. Can somebody loan me theirs? :D

I love to go into NYC for a day and take fun classes at popular studios. I love experiencing other forms of fitness too (Ie: karate, dance, gymnastics) Basically I love anything and everything as long as I feel worked out when I'm done.

I love to dine out and also enjoy experiencing foods from other countries. If time and money were no object I would love to travel the world, but would always need to have a beach close by :) I grew up in Long Beach Island, NJ (every summer up until 18) and the beach is total therapy for me. I also love music, dance, make up, skin care and fashion.....most especially shoes, handbags and coats.

Fun Stuff: I love spending time with my boys Eric 12 and Kyle 10 (well 10 on tax day :)). They bring me so much happiness. I love that I am still the rock star of their worlds although I do feel my 12 year old starting to pull away towards independence (but thankfully it's not that bad yet). I love coming home from a day of work to their big hugs, hearty laughs and them telling me every detail about their day. I cherish every minute of my time with them because I know they grow way too fast!!!

What a fun thread Cyn! Thanks for starting this!

Name / Forum Name:

Cathe Friedrich/Cathe

Email Address / FB Address
write to customer service and they will forward it to me :)

Previous Road Trips
I believe I went to all of them, lol

Glassboro, NJ

I grew up in north Jersey and went to Glassboro State College (now Rowan University) back in 1982-86. I met my business partner a mile from the college while teaching fitness classes part time. We formed Step N Motion aka Cathedotcom. The rest is history :)

We started our website in 1995....the web graphics were so basic and antiquated back then. We've come a long way ;)

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p
Step N Motion one holds the most special place in my heart because it was my very first step project on my own.

Not sure if I have one. Can somebody loan me theirs? :D

I love to go into NYC for a day and take fun classes at popular studios. I love experiencing other forms of fitness too (Ie: karate, dance, gymnastics) Basically I love anything and everything as long as I feel worked out when I'm done.

I love to dine out and also enjoy experiencing foods from other countries. If time and money were no object I would love to travel the world, but would always need to have a beach close by :) I grew up in Long Beach Island, NJ (every summer up until 18) and the beach is total therapy for me. I also love music, dance, make up, skin care and fashion.....most especially shoes, handbags and coats.

Fun Stuff: I love spending time with my boys Eric 12 and Kyle 10 (well 10 on tax day :)). They bring me so much happiness. I love that I am still the rock star of their worlds although I do feel my 12 year old starting to pull away towards independence (but thankfully it's not that bad yet). I love coming home from a day of work to their big hugs, hearty laughs and them telling me every detail about their day. I cherish every minute of my time with them because I know they grow way too fast!!!

cathe u are so awesome....can't wait to meet u in july:)

I just got signed up for the road trip, so I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I'd post my info here too. :)

Name / Forum Name: Katrina

Previous Road Trips: This is my first one!!!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): From Washington state. Married for 7 years, 2 canine children. :)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: Kick Max was my first DVD, I think I found it at totalfitnessdvds.com. Then I got STS when it came out and I was hooked on Cathe. I have almost all her DVDs now.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: STS, Afterburn, and now To the Max!!

Favorite Step or other moves: Love the hip hop repeaters (that seems to be a popular one) and am learning to like push ups (never thought I'd say that!)

Fun Stuff: I have Type 1 diabetes and wear an insulin pump, so if you see something that looks like a pager clipped to my waist band at all times, that's what that is! Also, I had back surgery when I was a kid and have 10 vertebrae fused. So if you notice that I look really funny doing crunches, sit ups and anything where you are supposed to round your spine, that's why!

See avatar.

Name / Forum Name: Michelle Dolfini-Reed/MDolfiniReed

Previous Road Trips
2010 and 2011

I was born in Passaic, NJ, lived in Chester, NY until age 10, when my parents moved my family to SW VA. Have lived in Stafford, VA since 1985.

Found Cathe on FiTV in 2008, checked out cathedotcome, joined the forums.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Rhythmic Step, Step Moves, PowerHour. But really, how can you not love all of Cathes dvds?

Hip hop repeater and inverted pikes on the ball

Walking my golden retriever, Ripken, boating, watching the Nationals, Redskins, and Va Tech football.

Fun Stuff:
My golden loves to lick me when I'm done exercising. He inspired my checkin group's name: Getting our Licks In!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.