IMAX2 or IMAX3?

jennifermaria

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to increase my cardio endurance so I can increase my stamina for my running, and I absolutely love IMAX and LowMax, but would love to add another interval workout, but am torn between IMAX2 and IMAX3... I know they're both tougher in the choreography, and I'm very choreograph-challenged, so I'm nervous about ordering these. Given my "shortcomings" in the coordination department, which one would you recommend? :)

Thanks, guys!
Jennifer

I say both.

But if you really only want 1 Imax2 is the way to go. It is fun, the choreo is not as tough, the blasts are awesome, and the music is great. Plus you get cardio & weights with this one. Which is another great workout.

Imax 3 the blasts are harder(imo), the moves are a little more complex but doable and the music is great.

Jenn;-)

Just to add to the confusion,:p if you want to increase your endurance and don't want to worry about choreography, have you tried MIC? It's on the IMAX dvd (not sure if you have the dvd or vhs version). It's mega intense and about 70 minutes long. Just a thought...

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I guess, if you are choreography challenged then Imax 2 is the way to go but my personal absolute favoriet Imax is Imax 3!
Angela:7

Thanks, everyone!! I guess IMAX2 it is :).

Jonahnah: I do have MIC (I have the IMAX DVD), but I've never really been super in love with that one--not a big hi-lo fan, so I don't really pull that one out too often ;).

Jennifer

I have been a runner for decades and the best training I do for increasing stamina is hill training. The IMAX's, especially IMAX3, are lots of high-impact. I do IMAX2 every once in a while, but it's killer on the joints and not good for my running. So, in answer to your question, I would suggest IMAX2 over IMAX3.

Sarah

Thanks, Sarah! I do hill training during my "running season" (I train with Team in Training 5 months out of the year), but in my off-season, I want to vary my training with other forms of stamina-building cardio, so I don't lose my momentum, but I'm also giving my body a chance to do other things. Since I don't have a chance to fit in much non-running cardio during my TnT season, I want to take advantage of all my Cathe cardio (as well as the elliptical trainer) when I'm not running so much--I miss them during my TnT season! :)

Jennifer

Jennifer~ Speaking as someone who has way too much personal experience with over-training injuries, you are so smart to cross-train in your off season.

Sarah ;-)

I know you've probably decided, but one more vote for Imax 3. There is one blast in Imax2 that I have extremely low tolerance for...the genie hops. Just those alone, make me want to keep it on the shelf :) Plus, I think Imax3 is shorter ;)

You've probably already decided, but I agree with IMAX2 if you're choreo-challenged. I am just now getting the hang of IMAX3 after several tries, and IMAX3 is higher impact than 2. 2 is one of my favorite Cathe workouts of all time.

I just got IMAX 2 this week and tried the full workout this morning. I loved it! I'm a clummsy stepper but I had done the FitTv version about 6 times before buying the dvd so I was familiar with some of the step routines. The step routine is doable and the workout is challenging but enjoyable. I think you'll like it!

Hi Jennifer....I am also a runner...:)...I like Imax2 better and think Imax3 is a bit more choreography challenging...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.