I'm thinking of Chalean Extreme - opinions?

LizO66

Cathlete
I NEED to get out of this rut!! I'm thinking that Chalean Extreme might be a good fit for me right now. I understand the workouts are about 45 or so minutes and are pretty intense. I have STS, but zero gumption to do the all the necessary calculating work beforehand.

Any opinions on this program?

Thanks!

I did CLX before I did STS, and I have to say, I enjoyed STS way more!! I couldn't even really get through the CLX rotation (perhaps partly because I wanted to start STS -- in all fairness). It did produce a soreness that was different than I'd ever experienced -- I was sore almost like I had the flu, rather than the usual DOMs. I think it may have helped me prepare for STS, but, I'm not sure I'll ever do the whole thing again. FWIW.

-Beth

I was unable to finish my CLX rotation due to illness. I got through 10 weeks of it though and I loved it! I fully intend to do it again in the near future..and finish it!!! The work outs are short but very effective. The moves are different. Chalene is adorable. I just can't say a bad word about it!

I don't have STS but I don't think it's fair to compare it to CLX. Sounds like apples and oranges to me. It all depends on what you enjoy and what works for you. You may love or hate both programs! You just never know!

Just my 2 cents! :)

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE CLX!!!! I like a workout that gets right down to business and leaves me in a sweat puddle, to weak to crawl out of it. lol!

I have neither workout, but I do have an opinion :)

It depends on why you are interested in a new system when you already have STS.

You can plunge into STS without doing any one-rep-max calculations. CLX recommends that you lift heavy enough to reach failure by the last rep for the strength routines just like STS, but just leaves out the one-rep-max test. With "guestimating" the right weight to use you would still get a lot from STS.

Considering you have invested in STS and have yet to invest in CLX, you may want to give STS a try first.

That being said, if specific things about CLX like the shorter workouts, or the way the splits are set up (you work legs thrice a week), or some other specific factor, seems like they may help you out of the current rut, that may be a good reason to get it.

Last edited:
I do like that the workouts are shorter yet are still challenging. And that cardio is 'built in' to the program. I know it sounds lazy, but I don't even want to spend the energy deciding what kind of cardio to do! I'm just in a funk and I thought a program that's all worked out for me would be good...

Thanks to everyone for the input!

I do like that the workouts are shorter yet are still challenging. And that cardio is 'built in' to the program. I know it sounds lazy, but I don't even want to spend the energy deciding what kind of cardio to do! I'm just in a funk and I thought a program that's all worked out for me would be good...

Thanks to everyone for the input!

It doesn't sound crazy. You have to do what is right for you and you are right. CLX is all mapped out. No thinking needed! ;):D

Well, CLX got me out of my funk and I consider it some of the best finess money I ever spent. Short, sweaty, tough, & unique. I don't have STS but I don't think CLX is like anything else on the market and I think Cathe and STS are a whole different ball game from CLX.

If doing CLX do you have to buy anything to use it? Such as bands, etc.? Thanks , Lori

There is an option to use tubing instead of dumbbells but that's only if you want to. Other then that the only thing she uses is a "thigh toner" during some of the cardio moves which is just a short dynaband tied around your calves or ankles to give resistance to the outer thighs during some movements. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

There is an option to use tubing instead of dumbbells but that's only if you want to. Other then that the only thing she uses is a "thigh toner" during some of the cardio moves which is just a short dynaband tied around your calves or ankles to give resistance to the outer thighs during some movements. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Thanks Wendy, I'm thinking about buying it once I get done with STS.

I'm going to be ordering this too.....just not exactly sure when yet. I'm wondering if anyone has heard from Jess Jugs?? I haven't seen a post from her in a long time and I PM'd her a while ago without response. I would like to order through a coach so I don't have to deal with the, dare I say, BB 'customer service'.:confused: Do you get the same program with the same price though a coach?

Ang,

You can find Jess on Facebook. She is one of my friends. Find her in my list and friend her. Then you can talk to her through there!

HTH! :)

Johnahanaha...or something like that...is also a coach. I ordered from her. You do get the same price, but you can't make eequal payments. It turned me off that i coudln't make equal payments through a coach, but not enough to not buy it through her! I ordered with a friend and my friend's order was all messed up. Joan fixed it and had her the correct order in a matter of days!

I highly recommend Joan!

You can find them on Craigslist but be careful.

I am doing CLX but I wish I can afford STS, that is for sure. I need a Fairy GodworkoutMother! :D

-The workouts are short 30-45 minutes, so you can always add on.
-Compound workouts. The rule of thumb I discovered on the correct weights are: what you lift in the Firm Workouts and Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body. I am just on the 3rd of Burn.
-Intervals are hi-lo aerobics. I have added other step workouts for cardio as well as Firm for tall box climbs (love hate relationship with tall box climbs. I can tell when I haven't done them in awhile)
-Not everyone is in sync, which drives me crazy....but I listen to the beat of the music.
-And I watch the timer (squinting, yah think with a 50in TV I could see the screen)
-Didn't really care for the relaxation so I incorporated my own yoga, stretch.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.