I'm in Shape Magazine (+ Cathe mention)!!

Wow, Sandra, that's fantastic!! Tell us about your photo shoot! What did you do to prepare?

Congratulations!!!!

Hey Sandra, thank you!!

I did a phone interview in September, and then the photo editor contacted me a few weeks after to set up the photo shoot. I had no idea when it would be happening, but she said she had a week to get it done! :eek: They hire a local photographer and we have to get our schedules together. It ended up being up in a canyon here in Utah at 8am on a Sunday morning at the beginning of October.

I did not do anything special to prepare--just my usual eating/exercise routine. We did some shots hiking and then some with my bike (which ended up being the final shot).

Being a model is harder than it looks, but it was a great experience. :D

Sandra, I live in UT county also and saw you on the news yesterday just coincidentally. I got excited when I recognized you and shouted to the hubs that "one of my Cathe friends is on channel 4!" He gave me one of those "good-for-you-but-I-don't-care" looks :). I was thrilled to see a fellow Catheite so close to home and loved your success story. Congrats to you and I'll look for you in SHAPE!

Calee, that's awesome! My son gave me the same I-don't-care look :p

It's here!!!! I got the December issue of Shape in Walmart a little while ago!!!
Loved the article, loved the pics! Congratulations Sandrelle :D :D:D:D!!!!!

Thanks Jennifer!! I read a friend's FB post and then your post and ran out to get mine. I subsribe but I won't get it in the mail until Monday. Thanks so much:D:D:D

Sandra- that is AWESOME! I love Shape magazine! I will be grabbing acopy to read your story, congrats!

Kristin

Congrats!

Thanks for all the support, you guys are awesome!! :eek:;)

How wonderful & Congrats Sandra !!! :D . I'm looking forward to reading it and I'm sure if will be the perfect inspiration thru the Holidays!

congratulation_2.gif

Hi Sandra,

I just got done reading the article and am totally in awe of what you have accomplished!
Congratulations to a fellow Cathlete!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Not only have you inspired all of us here with your journey, think of all the people who's lives may be touched or inspired because of you! What a wonderful wonderful event to have happen to not only validate your accomplishments, but even more, the value of you being able to pay it forward! I know we don't know each other, but having read your story and following your succeses (including spinervals!) I'm as proud of you as if you were my closest friend! Who knows what's next for you! Keep going!

I bought the new Shape yesterday while out shopping. Great article. Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Not only have you inspired all of us here with your journey, think of all the people who's lives may be touched or inspired because of you! What a wonderful wonderful event to have happen to not only validate your accomplishments, but even more, the value of you being able to pay it forward! I know we don't know each other, but having read your story and following your succeses (including spinervals!) I'm as proud of you as if you were my closest friend! Who knows what's next for you! Keep going!

Jo, thank you so much--that was SO sweet of you!! It really means a lot to me. :eek:

I would like to continue paying it forward, doing workshops and speaking in schools to girls about nutrition/exercise/confidence, etc. If I can help empower just one girl to believe in herself then it will be worth it. :D

I'll keep you posted on what's next!

Congratulations ellesan!! You really deserve it too :) You are truely an inspiration!
I know you worked really hard and what a payoff :))

Congrats Sandra! I subscribe to Shape and have yet to get this issue (always running late, ha) but will be sure to read your article right away when I get it!! :)

Denise

Well I don't subscribe to Shape any longer as I was not getting to them BUT . . . sounds like a trip to Barnes & Noble again (doggone I was just there today !) will be on my list tomorrow to read your article.

Kudos to you for all you've done but equally as important - what you are doing to try to help others achieve their goals.

Great job Sandra ! ! ! ^^^^^

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.