I'll be here to answer your questions...

oh look at all you steppers getting up in Cathe's grill! lol! just teasing of course!

I'm good for anything Cathe.... as long as we don't get stuck in chair pose in the dark again!

Bah ha...we love our step, and I know you do too!!

I think an added class in the dark would be so much fun, maybe CCC this time instead of Yoga!!

Hi Mini-natty!

Yes, there will be slide and glide discs used. The workouts will have a "killer" variation of firewalkers and yes, there will be tubing.
There is no barre work in these two workouts.
There will be a high/low HIIT type feeling to these workouts.
You will see your dixie cups again :)

Yes, modify any and all rotations so that they work within your limits.

See you next workout ;)

Hi Cathe! I just wanted to say that I am so very happy to have found you :)

I have a few questions. Regardless of the answers, I still pre-ordered. So psyched!

-Will the workouts feature Slide & Glide discs?? Please say YES
-Will the workouts have firewalkers & tubing?? Please say YES
-Barre Work???? Please YES!!
-Hi/low Hiit???? More please!!!
-Can I expect a visit from my dixie cups??? DOMS yeah baby!!

Also, I am starting to follow some of your other rotations since the LIS gave me amazing results. Am I able to substitute a high impact workout on the rotation for a low impact one? For instance, your Feb rotation has CCC. Can I sub Afterburn? My knee's tend to bother me on and off, and I would like to stick to the rotation but sometimes I need to modify. I do not want this to interfere with my results.

Thank you Cathe!!

Natasha

Bah ha...we love our step, and I know you do too!!

I think an added class in the dark would be so much fun, maybe CCC this time instead of Yoga!!

You kidding! I took a nice tumble in Texas with the lights on! CCC in the dark? Fine, but i'm wearing glow in the dark EVERYTHING!

Hi Roxybow. Add Turbo Barre to your collection. That has upper body in it too. Good luck :)

Hi Cathe! I just purchased a couple of your new Low Impact Series DVDs and LOVE them.....Afterburn and Athletic Training....my question is, I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs (mostly from my lower body) and want to lose fat and tone up my thighs/butt. So can the low impact DVDs be counted as "weight days" or is there another one of your DVDs you can recommend, preferably one that works upper and lower body in one DVD?

Thx,
Roxybow:D

Hi Cammie-Cam! It will be so fun to meet you on your first road trip :)

And yes to gliding discs, firewalkers and all things dixie cup!

As for impact....it is multi impact which means low, moderate and high all dispersed where necessary to enhance the routine. You can easily modify up or down if you want to. I will demo that too....

Hi Cathe!

I am very much looking forward to meeting you on my first Road Trip in July! Thanks for getting me into great shape all these years!

Also, I was just wondering about the impact of these new workouts.

I **could** be looking forward to these, just hoping for low to moderate impact. I ADORE Athletic Training and Afterburn, probably BECAUSE they are doable for me.. no modifications necessary and STILL serve their purpose. I'm hoping that these will be similar. I am not anti-impact at all, just hoping for the similar challenge of AT and AB without super-high impact.

I also say yes yes YES to gliding discs, firewalkers and all things dixie cup!

Hi Cammie-Cam! It will be so fun to meet you on your first road trip :)

And yes to gliding discs, firewalkers and all things dixie cup!

As for impact....it is multi impact which means low, moderate and high all dispersed where necessary to enhance the routine. You can easily modify up or down if you want to. I will demo that too....

Awwww.. thank you so much Cathe for taking the time out to answer all of our questions, it's much appreciated! You've made my day. I know that if anyone knows how to disperse the impact where necessary it's you. Ha! Off to preorder. :) See you this summer!

Super duper excited about your two new workouts!!

Two questions:

1.) Will CrossFire be the same format as AfterBurn - cardio for 1 min, endurance move with cardio effect for one minute, repeat, etc.?

2.) Will To The Max be in the same format as Athletic Training - shorter step cardio segment, then weight/balance work with a cardio effect using the step?

Doesn't matter to me as I will like them regardless, I am just curious.

Thanks!!!

It's a little too soon for me to comment on that specifically right now. When rehearsals start I make changes to thing to turn up the fire when needed. This sometimes involves equipment changes. I don't plan on using any kettlebells but some of my moves with be kettlebell friendly and you can easily sub yours in. Not sure on the barbell yet either. I'm trying not to, but if I do, it will be easy to sub in hand weights. Also, if I do, I will try to make it so that the same weight is used for all the exercises to avoid having to change the weight. This stuff all gets smoothed out later in the process so its hard for me to answer precisely yet.

Hi Cathe,

I have a question about upcoming workouts.

I know it quite early but i would like to know what equipment so i can plan in advance.

Will we need a kettlebell for the metabolic training, pls say yes.
Will we need the barbell?

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

These two body parts share the load with many of the exercises that's why the second one that gets used (in this case biceps) feels spent by the time you get to it. You already used it to assist your back, so don't think they are weak, they are just doing the work for two ;) I say do as many reps as you can with the weight you have listed to use for biceps and then as soon as your form goes, have a lighter weight on hand to continue on. Good Luck!

Hi Cathe!

I posted this question in the Ask Cathe Forum and I was just curious about your opinion.

Right now I am currently doing an STS rotation and I am currently doing Meso 2. One of the things I've noticed during the BACK/BICEP workout is after I am finished with all of the back exercises my arms are pretty much fried. When it comes time to start working the biceps my arms are so fatigued that I am having difficulty performing exercises at 70-75% of my 1RM. As a matter of fact, I am not able to perform anywhere near 70-75% of my 1RM after doing back work. I was wondering if it is best to do the back exercises and then rest up and wait about 1 hour or even wait until the next day before taking on the bicep work, in which case I could probably perfom at 75% of my 1RM? Or it is better just to go ahead with the bicep work and use a much lower weight that will still allow you to work to complete failure? Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Cathe! You are awesome!

Hi Cathe!
I eat right, I exercise lots but the scale isn't moving...I've even started the new STS/LIS rotation and added other new activities. And I'm always hungry! I need like 2 snacks in the afternoon. What can else can I do? Be patient?

Hi Carmen! The next two workouts with be based on metabolic conditioning. This concept uses compound exercises with little rest in between exercises to raise your heart rate and burn calories and fat while shaping muscle. They will have a very cardiovascular feeling but sometimes through straight forward cardio movements and sometimes through weighted compound exercises.

I honestly don't know about going to Florida in the future for a RT but please consider putting your name on the Glassboro RT or join us in Chicago (there is still room). :)
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Hi Cathe - I recently did a couple of the newer workouts. I absolutely loved Cardio super sets! What a fantastic workout. I felt totally energized after that workout and cant wait to do it again. Last night was low impact challenge and challenge it was. I'm hoping to get that choreo soon. Will the next workouts be more cardio or weight in nature?

Also try as I might, my fingers are not fast enough to get to the new jersey road trip. Are there plans for another Florida RT in the near future?

No matter what workouts I do, I always feel more comfortable with you and tend to see better results working out with you. Thank you.

Carmen.

Hi Jenn!

Yes, that's what it means. Yes, there will be some disc work in new workouts too and you can be sure to see disc work on the road trips too :D And lucky you will get to do it TWICE :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Cathe,

How you be?

The new workouts are listed as "multi-impact" so... does this mean we will get to see some of our favorite high impact moves mixed in with these great new LIS moves..(maybe even discs)? I always knew that they would hit (HiiT :D ) it off if they got to know each other better ;)

p.s. any slide glide fun planned for Chicago?

Step! Step! Step!

It won't be the same without step. :( The Chicago RT, that is. Step is my favorite wo.

Last edited:
Low impact premixes?

Hi Cathe,

I was wondering if the new DVDs will have low impact premixes (kinda like Intensity does)? It's very exciting that new DVDs are coming out!

Thanks!

Hi Kayanne!

Do both weights and cardio equally each week. Shake it up and sometimes do them in the form of a circuit and other times just cardio or just weights. Remember your cardio activity burns fat and calories while working out and your weights build lean muscle mass which once developed keeps your metabolism burning more calories (even a few more when not working out) in a addition to shaping your muscles and burning body fat.

The cleaner your diet the more visible your hard work is on the outside not to mention much healthier on the inside.

Hi Cathe,

Not sure I used this right but I love your workouts and have been doing them ever since I first saw them on FitTV. I've been a regular exerciser for many years now, but my weight keeps fluctuating and I've never been at my ideal weight. Should I focus more on cardio or should I do more strength training or half and half?? What's the best way to shed the fat? My eating habits aren't too bad ...

Cathe Friedrich said:
Hi Jenn!

Yes, that's what it means. Yes, there will be some disc work in new workouts too and you can be sure to see disc work on the road trips too :D And lucky you will get to do it TWICE :eek::eek::eek:

Love (and hate ha ha!) disc work! Question: will the slide and glide discs be provided at the RT or should we bring our own?

oh look at all you steppers getting up in Cathe's grill! lol! just teasing of course!

I'm good for anything Cathe.... as long as we don't get stuck in chair pose in the dark again!

A RoadTrip without step just isn't right:p. We must have our step! The fun and energy of hearing all of those feet stepping in unison just makes the whole event for me.

Cathe Friedrich said:
Hi Princessbuttrcup!

It was Cardio supersets and Afterburn!

Also, regarding the new workouts:

Crossfire will have no step

Too the Max will have about 75% step (or incorporating the step)

Hi Cathe!

I am curious why those two workouts shouldn't be performed back to back? With that said, I am assuming you can do Afterburn followed by Athletic Training? Is it OK to do Afterburn and AT twice in the same week?

Lastly, off topic and onto the Chicago RT, will there be an opportunity for my daughters to meet you? They are as excited as I am.

Susan

NancyAZ said:
A RoadTrip without step just isn't right:p. We must have our step! The fun and energy of hearing all of those feet stepping in unison just makes the whole event for me.

It is just such a rush, isn't it. It is the most vivid memory from my first RT. I could not get the smile off my face.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.