I'll be here to answer your questions...

Hi right back atcha Deb! I can't wait to share these workouts with everyone!

No questions...just a quick hello!

And, to say that since the new workouts are "pumped up" AB & AT, makes me very happy. LOVE both of those!!! Thanks for making us all very excited with the news!!!

These two body parts share the load with many of the exercises that's why the second one that gets used (in this case biceps) feels spent by the time you get to it. You already used it to assist your back, so don't think they are weak, they are just doing the work for two ;) I say do as many reps as you can with the weight you have listed to use for biceps and then as soon as your form goes, have a lighter weight on hand to continue on. Good Luck!
Thanks Cathe! I will just keep using the weight that I have calculated and I will lower/adjust accordingly in order to continue with the workout.

One other question: Is the new workout going to contain advanced step choreography and if so, is there going to be a premix with a simplified step routine for those of us that are choregraphically challenged, much like the step routine in Athletic Training and the Bonus Step in Low Impact Challenge?

Hi Zsofia! It is no fun being injured. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better enough to take on some light exercises after 5 months of healing. If your doc is recommending swimming and light exercises, I don't think anything more than the sculpting work in my basic step workout is recommended for light exercises along with your swimming. I have a few 20 minuted toning workouts on there (in addition to a very easy to follow step routine which you can do on only the platform with no risers once the doc approves this). See how you do with this after three weeks and let me know how your feeling. Good Luck and go easy!

Dear Cathe,

I would like to ask for your opnion on the following:
Which of your workouts would you recommend to a person recovering from a hip stress fracture and torn muscle? After being sidelined for 5 months my physician finally gave me the greenlight to work out: swimming and some "light exercises". Any of the LIS series?
And when do you think I can start to lift heavy again? You have probably known a fitness professional who was injured, who long they resumed working out?

Thank you very much!

Zsofia

Cathe Friedrich said:
OMG that was too funny! :D

What's even funnier is that I don't remember getting stuck in chair pose at Disney or the lights going off: did a simple yoga workout cause me to black out? "Black out," get it? :D

Yes Ellie...discs will be at the RT's!

Great to hear your hubby is working out with you (and me). Tell him I said Hi. As far as working down his middle area, that is soooo diet related in addition to keeping generally fit. So with a very good clean diet along with three to five times a week of cardio based activities with resistance work included a couple of times a week as well there should be a very noticeable difference in just two to three weeks. But a clean diet is the key to "visible" results when it comes to the belly.

Hi Cathe!
First of all,I wanted to thank you for the new workouts, I've learnt to love metabolic training thanks to AB and AT and I was so waiting for something like that! Will you incorporate the discs in the new routines?I hope so, they are my new favourite instrument of " torture" :D
Here comes my second question : DH has started to workout again with you and his main trouble area is his big belly: do you have any suggestion about a smart way to slim down his waist line? He's doing mainly your LIS series as he has some knee issues, but can do kickbox/running provided he modifies too high impact moves.
Thank you again for all you do!
Ellie

Not sure if it's too late to ask, but I have two questions:

1). When does the pre-sale deal end?

2). I prefer downloads to DVDs. Do we get a 30% discount on a download? Or does this only apply for DVDs? (I hope not!)

Thanks Cathe!

Hi Jillybean! So nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

I don't want to say too much specifically because sometimes the intended format doesn't work and I go another related high intensity direction but yes it is my intention for both of these workouts to have a similar flavor as After Burn and Athletic Training. But with athletic training I am getting away from the way I did the weight training at the end and instead working it into compound dynamic movements. :eek:

QUOTE=jillybean;2131317]Super duper excited about your two new workouts!!

Two questions:

1.) Will CrossFire be the same format as AfterBurn - cardio for 1 min, endurance move with cardio effect for one minute, repeat, etc.?

2.) Will To The Max be in the same format as Athletic Training - shorter step cardio segment, then weight/balance work with a cardio effect using the step?

Doesn't matter to me as I will like them regardless, I am just curious.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Carolyn....the step moves will be as basic as they are in Athletic training. There is no form of step choreography in To The Max :D

Let me just say, I LOVE your workouts!! I have almost every weight training one there is! My lower half has NEVER been this firm!! You are like my own personal trainer! and very reasonably priced! lol!
Will your new workout have a lot more step in it? I can do the basic step moves in AT. Throw more fancy stuff at me and I am a mess!:eek: I want to do the preorder, but need to know if it is going to have too many step moves.
Thanks!
Carolyn

I know that some of you were asking about step at the Chicago RT but we are not bringing steps with us to this RT. We will however have step classes at the Glassboro RT. Sorry to disappoint those who wanted step. You know I will make it up to you with another goodie :eek::eek::eek:

You might need more calories for all the activity you are doing. If you don't give your body enough calories to support your activity your metabolism will slow down to protect itself.

Hi Cathe!
I eat right, I exercise lots but the scale isn't moving...I've even started the new STS/LIS rotation and added other new activities. And I'm always hungry! I need like 2 snacks in the afternoon. What can else can I do? Be patient?

They are just two similar workouts so it is better to shock your system with different exercises/workouts. You can put them back to back if you really need to or want to but if you don't have too, I wouldn't. :)

Yes you can do AB and AT in the same week.

Yes, of course. I would love to meet your daughters :D

Can't wait to see you!

Hi Cathe!

I am curious why those two workouts shouldn't be performed back to back? With that said, I am assuming you can do Afterburn followed by Athletic Training? Is it OK to do Afterburn and AT twice in the same week?

Lastly, off topic and onto the Chicago RT, will there be an opportunity for my daughters to meet you? They are as excited as I am.

Susan

No worries, no step choreography in the new workout :)

Thanks Cathe! I will just keep using the weight that I have calculated and I will lower/adjust accordingly in order to continue with the workout.

One other question: Is the new workout going to contain advanced step choreography and if so, is there going to be a premix with a simplified step routine for those of us that are choregraphically challenged, much like the step routine in Athletic Training and the Bonus Step in Low Impact Challenge?

Not sure if it's too late to ask, but I have two questions:

1). When does the pre-sale deal end?

2). I prefer downloads to DVDs. Do we get a 30% discount on a download? Or does this only apply for DVDs? (I hope not!)

Thanks Cathe!

We have not officially set an end date yet.

The download discount price for the presale is $34.97 plus free shipping :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.