I ran out of room for my exerc.dvd's!

Hey girls,

I have so many dvd's of cathe and other instructors that I have totally ran out of room! I would have to go through a bunch to get to one workout. So my husband come up with the idea that I should put them in those cd/dvd carrier. You know the ones where you put them in the sleeves and just zip up the case. I now can flip through the pages and find the one I want. I have cathe's videos first of course! I just wandered if anyone else does this. I also have kept my original cases if something was to happen. I just found it impossible to have room when I have over 100 workouts.

Would like to hear what you ladies do for room!

kim

That's a good idea! I am sure I will run out of room eventually! I will keep that in mind. That is how the P90X work outs come packaged and it's a great idea. Too bad Cathe didn't use that concept for the Hardcore series. That would have been a real spacesaver!:)

I was just about to do this myself!!:D Yesterday morning I was grumbling about how the DVD cases were everywhere in my workout room, I was stacking them on top of each other, etc. Then later while I was at work I went looking for a CD in my zip-up case. Zing! The lightbulb went on! As soon as I find a cute case, I'm going to put al my DVDs in it, then store the DVD covers in the basement.

Very good idea to put them in cases. I'll have to look into getting some cases. Maybe I could have different cases for different instructors or for different types of workouts...here goes my anal retentive mind thinking of ways to make spreadsheets to put in the front of the cases....

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

Goytgirl, you will love them in a zip case. It freed up so much room and each night I just flip through to find the one I want to do the next day. My dh laughs at me while I am trying to decide. I boxed up the original cases cause I can't bring myself to get rid of them. strange huh?

Robin, I have the problem with letting go of my dvd's.:p I wish I could whittle out some. I know I can't do all of them though. Did you have the old firms or the fairly new ones?

kim

Annette Bethel

Don't feel rained on about running out of space. All my Firms/Fitprimes are in the plastic drawers as well as a box. Cathe's have a box of her own. Gin Miller and Keli Roberts share a box. The rest are on box shelves. That is not including all fitness equipment, weights, Transfirmer, Fanny Lifter and the wooden stool, etc. I could open my own Dick's Sporting Good Store! :)

Annette Bethel

Don't feel rained on about running out of space. All my Firms/Fitprimes are in the plastic drawers as well as a box. Cathe's have a box of her own. Gin Miller and Keli Roberts share a box. The rest are on box shelves. That is not including all fitness equipment, weights, Transfirmer, Fanny Lifter and the wooden stool, etc. I could open my own Dick's Sporting Good Store! :)

Kim, that's an excellent idea! I too ran out of room, so I went out and bought a bunch of ultra-slim jewel casings at Target and popped them in. It's a tad fiddlier to find what I need now, but your idea sounds even better and easier. Where do you get one of those things?

A-Jock

>...I boxed up the original cases cause I can't bring
>myself to get rid of them. strange huh?

Kim, I already know I'm going to do that too. I can't imagine getting rid of the cases.

I have an anal-rententive gene :p so now I'm thinking of downloading the cover image along with the description of the workout to make mini-covers to put in front. I'm new to Cathe (well, used a few back in 1999) so I don't have all what all the workouts are memorized. Hey, maybe I could divide them all into sections, like Cardo, Cardio+Sculpt, etc....?

>I have an anal-rententive gene :p so now I'm thinking of
>downloading the cover image along with the description of the
>workout to make mini-covers to put in front. I'm new to Cathe
>(well, used a few back in 1999) so I don't have all what all
>the workouts are memorized. Hey, maybe I could divide them all
>into sections, like Cardo, Cardio+Sculpt, etc....?

You sound like me. MIne are already sorted in the drawers by workout type, but it gets tough with some of the Cathe DVDs that have workouts of two or three types. I was thinking about a way to make little covers as well, though I want to include stuff like workout times. Either that or altering my DVD list spreadsheet to include that kind of pertinent information. Oh the geeky shenanigans I'll get up to in this project....

7.gif

Sadly, I have well over 200 video's and DVD's (and this is after selling about 150 of the ishy ones about 3 years ago). Anyway, DH is building me my own special closet in my workout room dedicated completely to workout videos. We got the sliding mirror closet doors when a local hardware store was closing. Now I just have to wait for the snow to fly so DH is housebound and has time to finish my closet, yeah.

Hi Laine,

I was wondering if you have the Compendium? It lists and sorts the Cathe dvd's by type and the premixes too and includes times.

I have it and love it. I haven't added the new workout yet but let me know if you need it.

Linda

Yeah, thanks-- I have the Compendium plus the Excel spreadsheets with the weight work listed. I love those things. I need to print out the Compendium, though--so far I only have it on the computer.

>Hi Laine,
>
>I was wondering if you have the Compendium? It lists and sorts
>the Cathe dvd's by type and the premixes too and includes
>times.
>
>I have it and love it. I haven't added the new workout yet but
>let me know if you need it.
>
>
>Linda

7.gif

Hey A-Jock, I got my zip-case at Walmart for about 16.00 and it holds about 208 dvds. I think that will hold me for a while!:) I also saw some at Target also and they seemed to have a good selection.

I have saved two spaces in the front of my case for Cathe's new ones that will be here on Mon. YeePee!!

kim

I got a binder type CD case today at Target that holds 208 DVDs and it cost $17.99.

Here's a photo:

IMG_3396.jpg

I put the workouts in there alphabetically by instructor and then by workout. I also printed out a list of all my workouts and a few details and put it in the front of the binder so it will be easier to figure out which workout to do. The only problem is I'll have to re-organize all of it at some point as I add new workouts! I went ahead and left spaces for things already on preorder.

Anal retentive? Me?

7.gif

I guess I am anal retentive too!, I need my dvds in their cases!!LOL, my husband had to go to Target and get me a new shelf that holds 150 dvds, he is the one that sorted my workouts by instructor. Sadly enough,this was not big enough!! He told me he should have gotten me 2!! He thinks I am nuts!!! :) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.