I ran 7.27 miles this morning!!

Travisli

Cathlete
I ran 7.27 miles this morning on a route that had lots of hills and I didn't walk once!! My pace was 8.03" and it felt effortless! I kept thinking about Morningstar's post a month or so ago (maybe longer) -- whether I can do it or not is all about my state of mind.

If someone had told me a year ago I would run more than 7 miles effortlessly I would have laughed in their face and considered them crazy. I almost (almost) burst into tears when I reached the top of one hill that use to be a challenge to walk up, and realized I was STILL running.

Life is certainly good. :D

I'm running a 10K trail run this Sunday, and I'm very excited . . . I keep thinking to myself "who are you!?!" And then I happily proclaim "I'm ME!!!"

Have a great day!

Travis,
You inspire me! I really want to start running a bit more, but I've got to figure out why I get PF from running and from nothing else.

Good luck on your 10K!

That is awesome! What a pace too! You are going to rock that 10K! Good luck. Tell us how you do on the 10k.

Kristin

Amazing Travis! WTG! You are my inspiration! I have a huge hill issue I'm struggling with right now too! I will keep your post here in mind next time I try it! It's very steep in downtown Providence and usually by the time I get to it, I've already done about 4 miles! It's a mental block as well as a physical one for me! With your story in mind, I WILL conquer it!

WTG!

That's fantastic. I'd love to know what training program you used to work up to this point. Wow, over 7 miles effortlessly...you should be so proud!

Travis,

I cannot even imagine running that far! :eek: And I can only imagine how excited you were!!!! Way to go...I am just sharing in your happiness :)

**eta: I love your haircut! I am not here often, so maybe I am a little late, but you look great! **

Last edited:
Travis,
You inspire me! I really want to start running a bit more, but I've got to figure out why I get PF from running and from nothing else.

Good luck on your 10K!

It's a total rush to know that I can inspire others! Thank you!! What is PF?

Amazing Travis! WTG! You are my inspiration! I have a huge hill issue I'm struggling with right now too! I will keep your post here in mind next time I try it! It's very steep in downtown Providence and usually by the time I get to it, I've already done about 4 miles! It's a mental block as well as a physical one for me! With your story in mind, I WILL conquer it!

WTG!

Thanks :) Hills are killer. I had read in Runners World that tackling the hills would help increase your pace. There is an outrageous hill that I only first tried a couple weeks ago -- it was brutal but I managed to run up it and then I would have to walk for 45 seconds to recover -- clearly that has helped me though! You CAN do it!! You WILL conquer it!!

Hugs!

That's fantastic. I'd love to know what training program you used to work up to this point. Wow, over 7 miles effortlessly...you should be so proud!

I am really proud, thanks! As far as training programs go, I'm not really on one. I bought a book a few months ago from Borders for training for the half marathon I'm running in October, but I didn't follow it after the first two weeks because it bored me :( so I read Runners World pretty fanatically and pick and choose what I like and then I post my runs on DailyMile.com and gleen a lot of information from the other athletes that also post on DailyMile and I just do what I can.

I run 3 to 4 days a week and I bike every other weekend and I hike at least one day on the weekend and most of the time the hikes are moderate to hard in effort so I get a lot of cross training, which I think helps. Last weekend I biked 13 miles on Saturday, hiked 7 miles on Sunday, hiked 9 miles on Monday and then ran the 7.27 on Tuesday -- I took today off :eek:

I run what feels right, for a long time I couldn't do more than 4 miles, but as I began to feel stronger in my running I would add a little bit more to my route, this past Tuesday I surprised myself by all that I added because it just felt so easy.

I think everyone is different and you just need to pay close attention to what your body is telling you when you're out there doing it. Read as much as you can on the subject and make your own decisions about whats right for you . . and then be prepared to tweak the program periodically when you feel it's necessary.

Good luck!!

Travis,

I cannot even imagine running that far! :eek: And I can only imagine how excited you were!!!! Way to go...I am just sharing in your happiness :)

**eta: I love your haircut! I am not here often, so maybe I am a little late, but you look great! **

Thank you Mary, and thanks about my hair :) I love it too!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.