I Need a kick in the ......

bestican

Cathlete
Hi all....Yes, I need a kick in the rear! I had baby #2 in April, and I have not lost ANY of the baby weight. It just will not come off...I pretty much know that my eating habits are pretty bad:will be really good on the diet a day or two, then blow it with pm snacking/eating out on the weekends. And my exercise---I'm just so damn tired! I feel wonderful during and after my exercise, just can't get into a consistent routine....again, will do really great a day or two, then something comes up in my schedule that throws me off the rest of the week....does anyone have any advice? What routines have produced results for others? I have added back into my exercise:weights, walking on treadmill and outside when the weather allows, spinning once a week....was attending a weight lifting class twice per week then would add the elliptical or stepmill 30-40 min, BUT they cancelled the class!! as of today, I have AT LEAST 20# (realistically) to lose-mostly in my abs(spare tire) and my upper thighs/hips....put on a pair of jeans and WOW am I ROUND! diet advice....I know this is BAD BAD BAD, but I am really thinking about taking alli to get my diet on track....the side effects scare me too much-sanity has been winning that war so far, b ut I am getting desperate enough to have put a box into my shopping cart, only to have put it back in a panic!! Does anyone have any diet advice, also? Will Pilates help thin my hips? How much cardio do I really need every day? I don't know if I'm mentally tough enough to do more than 45-60 minutes cardio per day! Has anyone had any luck with a specific rotation? Have lost a lot of ab strength...any advice for abs? Thought about doing freestyle for legs...will that help me-remember I'm pear shape, and what is the title of the book I need for the freestyle? Is it an actual book or a download from the internet? thanks for all advice-I need a lot! Oh-also have access to weight watchers online, just HATE counting points!!! What about South Beach diet?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice...looked on the pregnancy forum and there isn't much info there.

Connie37

congrats on your new baby.. i have tried WW and lost 20lbs (kept if off as well) i sometimes forget to count points so i've been doing the Fat Smash Diet created by Dr. Ian from Celebrity Fit and I LOVE the program.. it really fits my personality and way of life..its a bit restrictive but i need that at times.. or you can check out the Eating For Life program.. i have 3 small children and i still manage to do the FSD...

its all about consistency...

good luck

Ange:)

Connie,

I can feel your frustration, and believe me, I have been there. You want the weight GONE!

But you KNOW that any success you get through a pill will NOT last, so don't be tempted by Alli. That's not the way to go. (Well, apparently, it *is* the way to go. Right in your pants. So, unless you want to be wearing diapers along with your little one, keep right on going when you get to that aisle.) http://forums.s2kca.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

My advice, first of all, would be to accept that you're not going to lose it overnight. Gradual weight loss is safer and more likely to last.

With exercise, you don't necessarily need cardio every day nor do you have to put in sessions over 60 minutes to see results. However, it's been said many times on these boards that you do have to experiment and see what works for you. Some folks see good results with more cardio; others find that an emphasis on weights works better for them.

I am one of the people who need a bit more cardio to lose fat. And like you, I am pear-shaped. For lower body, I highly recommend the Aug. 04 rotation. I saw GREAT results with it this summer. Liked it so much, I did three rounds. And I tailored it to work with my schedule & workout preferences. To give you an example:

This is Cathe's original Week 1 of the Aug. 04:
Mon :: L&G, then run 20 min
Tues :: Imax
Wed :: ME
Thurs :: PS Legs & Abs, run 20 min
Fri :: C&W
Sat :: CTX K'box + PUB abs
Sun :: off

This is what I did for Week 1 in one of the rounds:
Mon :: yoga or stretch
Tues :: L&G, then run 20 min
Wed :: CTX Kickbox (cardio only)
Thurs :: ME
Fri :: Squeeze lower body mish-mosh/abs + 30 min. run
Sat :: Circuit Max
Sun :: run + stab. ball abs from PUB

When you find a rotation you like and have it set up, preview it a week ahead of time with your upcoming schedule for the week in mind. Try to anticipate any snafus that might come your way (days when you have meetings or commitments of some kind that could interfere) and plan accordingly. If 30 minutes of something is all you can squeeze in, it's better than nothing!

In terms of diet, I recently joined WW online and like counting the points, but if that doesn't work for you, give South Beach a try. From what I've read, it sounds like a sound diet. And I know a few people who have said it works well for them.

Finally, I recommend taking a multivitamin. Last weekend, I bought GNC brand's Women's Ultra Mega Active, and I do think it's helped my energy levels.

Good luck! You *can* and will drop this weight. It'll take work, but you can do it!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Thanks so much for the advice. I have read many posts that praise that rotation....now I just have to do it! Thanks for the vote of confidence and sound advice!

bestican,

As far as Alli goes...did you know that one of the side effects is anal leakage? It's right there in the product information! AHHHH!!! Now, I think we can all agree that tough exercise and clean eating are much more tolerable than anal leakage. lol! :)

Just a little encouragement: I gained 55 with my first baby and 65 with my second, and every bit, plus a little extra, came off each time within a year with consistent exercise and clean eating. You can do it without diet aids. ;)

I know I can do it...I must just be having a pity party...table for one!! And I did say I needed a Kick in the rear, not leakage from the rear!!!x( :eek:

Thanks for the encouragment!

Oh my gosh- Connie- I could be you!! I also had my baby in April and can't seem to get in gear to lose this weight. Of course, I have so much more than you to lose but I keep planning to start tomorrow. I'll do well for a few days and then slip up and I'm also sooo tired all the time! The baby is my third so I know a little tiredness is to be expected but I'm tired a lot. I've also begun my own small business as a scrapbook consultant so I think that is contributing as well.

Anyway, if you want to team up together to do the August rotation - I'm game!! I could use a "buddy" to keep me accountable!

Just let me know!
Jean

I'm in the same. I had a baby in July. I got completley out of shape. I joined WW I like counting the points also. Right now I doing Cathe's circuit workouts and cardio. I want to get my endurance back up so I can start doing rotations again. I did August04 rotation pre-pregnancy and it worked wonders. Hopefully I'll be able to do it again soon. All my weight is in the lower body too.

Farrah

First of all, take a deep breath! And stop beating yourself up :)

I had a baby in April 06. It took me 9 months to get back to my prepregnancy weight...which seemed so slow, but it was steady and that works for me.

I'd like to lose 10 more, and I need to do some serious lower body work (though back to normal weight, things have shifted -- seems to be more in the bum and hips than before LOL).

Like others have said, I've had great success with Weight Watchers. Like you, I'm having a hard time making myself commit to both WW and regular exercise. I did the Breast Cancer 3-Day last weekend and haven't done a single step since!!

So, I'm going to take it week by week. I'm hoping by breaking it down into a weekly endeavor, it won't seem so overwhelming.

I'm with you! And off to check Aug '04 right now (and waiting for my e-mail alert that my new DVDs have shipped!).

Allison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.