I have a new half marathon PR!!

jennifermaria

Cathlete
Hello fellow Cathletes!!

I did my 11th half marathon today and I set a new personal record, woohoo!! 2:32:08 :)

I know that's not very impressive compared to the times that some of y'all have been able to get, but I'm not a very fast runner, so for me, this is a biggie LOL.

Just wanted to share my joy with you all!!

Congratulations! I think just doing a half marathon is an amazing accomplishment, let along 11! Good for you! :D
Pam

Congrats!
ANd it doesn't matter a bit that someone might be faster than you are. The only thing that counts is your personal improvement.
Great job!

I'm not sure I'd have the mental stamina to go 1/2 marathon distance!

way to go!

That's what I love about running for pleasure...the only true competition you have is yourself! You did great!
julie

Last edited:
Very true, Julie :). I have no designs on trying to keep up with others (although I will confess that when I finally decided to do my first marathon, it was because I wanted to beat Katie Holmes' time at the NYC Marathon--unfortunately, I haven't done it yet :p). But I do want to keep competing with myself and keep improving!

I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon....it's on Saturday. :eek::eek: My goal is to be able to run the entire 13.1 miles without running!!!!

Edited to say: my goal is to run without WALKING. lol must be "new mom syndrome" lol

Last edited:
I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon....it's on Saturday. :eek::eek: My goal is to be able to run the entire 13.1 miles without running!!!!

Edited to say: my goal is to run without WALKING. lol must be "new mom syndrome" lol

Go Melanie!!! Keep us posted :).

I did run/walk for mine. I haven't gone further than 6 miles without doing the run/walk yet--maybe someday, or maybe never, I'm ok with it LOL. Just as long as my time keeps improving, I'll be happy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.