I do not understand....MEN

Exercise lover,

Yesterday was not a good day. Lack of sleep, a sick stomach, and sad feelings are not a good mix. I went to work, but ended up going home. This is the first time I've missed work in years. I came home, took some benadryl and went to sleep.

I felt pretty good all day today. My friend called me and convinced me to go to our local Saturday night ballroom dance. I had to work today, but I went out and met him for dinner and then a bit of dancing. Wayne is a retired teacher..very calm and wise. A good person to talk to. He made me promise to go dancing at the studio again next Friday, our normal dance night.

I am making plans with a friend of mine at work to go on a day trip next weekend, and then I'm going to go out to her stables to take pictures of the horses. I've never done that kind of photography before, so it should be interesting.

I gave a bunch of old workout DVDs to a young woman at work....she's been coming to me for exercise advice. I originally was only loaning them to her, but I told her she could have them as long as she promised me she would use them. I told her she needs to start now and make her health a priority, while she is still young. She told me that I am an inspiration to her, and she tells her friends how great I am. Too funny; telling her twenty-something friends about the forty-something woman at work.

I just feel sad right now. You know how it goes..up for a while, down for a while. I've been through this before. I had just hoped I wouldn't have to do it again.

All I know is that men just need respect whether they deserve it or not and women need love whether they deserve it or not. If a man feels respected he gives love which is what the woman needs. If a woman feels loved she gives back the respect that the man needs. But someone has to be the mature one and give first and the dividends are generally paid.

In a legitimate survey men were asked which they would choose: if they knew they were respected, but not loved by anyone, OR if they knew they were loved by everyone and no one respected them.... something like 85% of all men said they would rather be respected and didn't give a flip if they were loved.

Perhaps not surprisingly, when surveyed women responded with the exact opposite response...the majority of women would most choose to be loved by all and not respected if given that choice.

Many of my friends and I have practiced this with excellent results.

Love and Respect Ministries

Tralaiven,

I heard about that a long time ago and with three brothers, I know it's true. A man never says,"she didn't love me," it's more like,"she disrespected me in front of my friends."
And, men seem more tendency to have their heart broken.

Men are impossible to understand

Men are just impossible to understand. I might take Mike's photos out of here, and I do not trust him now.

Last Tango,

You're doing exactly the right things like being active (like the ballroom dancing) and being around good friends. Good for you. I also like it that you are trying to help the younger woman. Helping others sure gets your mind off yourself and your troubles. Having plans for the weekend is really good. You're doing just what you need to get through this hard time and come out the other side. Hang in there.

I was feeling particularly sad today, so my friend Terry came over after work...it was so nice to be hugged by someone who cares. He literally let me sob on his shoulders. He's like he brother I wish I had.

I had been trying to figure out what to do about Facebook. I didn't want to act all psycho crazy and start deleting every photo we are in, but I also don't want to run across something on my wall about something he has done or is doing, We are both photographers with many photography friends... We all have pics posted of all the different things we have all done together. I have waited over a week for something to happen one way or another. I just went ahead and unfriended him...I guess if he ever wants to say something to me, he can come find me. I feel like I never know anymore if I've done the right thing. It's going to be a long night.

Dirtdiva:

I am so sorry to hear it. Sigh..... Hugs to you though, from me.

Clare

Let's make that a group hug? There seem to be a few of us in this boat. I don't know whether I find comfort in that, or find it really freaking depressing......

I feel bad that so many people seem to not be happy in their relationships. It shouldn't be this hard. It doesn't have to be.

Things have been better the last couple of days. Maybe I've made a turn for the better ;)

I feel bad that so many people seem to not be happy in their relationships. It shouldn't be this hard. It doesn't have to be.

Things have been better the last couple of days. Maybe I've made a turn for the better ;)

So glad to hear it and I hope you continue on an upward trend!!!!

I think you were very mature about how you handled FB. You didn't make your decision out of anger or spite, but based on logic and respect for yourself.
You are good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.