I DID IT!!

kgalas

Cathlete
I ran my first 5K this morning! And I finished in 31 minutes (not sure of the exact time-I forgot to write it down!)running at a 10.01 mile pace. I came in 42 out of 93 in my age group (30-34). This after having a meltdown in the car, afraid to fail after 9 weeks of training, undertaking it alone, etc. Thank goodness my DH gave me a pep talk over the phone cause I know I would've regretted not giving it a shot. I'm just so happy I accomplished something outside my comfort zone that I had to share with my fellow Catheites! :)

Have a great day!
Klaudia

Congratulations Klaudia!!

I remember how I felt the when I finished a 5k for the first time. You should be very proud of yourself. I noticed it's very different running outside vs inside on a treadmill, the elements outside really come in to play.

Anyway, keep it up. I always just try each time I run one to improve my time even if just by a few seconds. Never try to compare or compete with the other runners.

Annette

Thanks everyone! All of your well wishes combined with the homemade congratulatory banner and cards I got from my DDs have made my day-the endorphins haven't hurt either!!:) So much so, that I found another race I think I'm gonna run in a few weeks.:D

Klaudia

Way to go Klaudia!

You must feel very proud of your accomplishment.

Time to kick back and relax. Cool bath for your legs and a good massage and stretch.

Congratulations!

Sincerely,

Great job!! I remember my first 5K. It hooked me into races & I ended up doing a half marathon a few months later!! ;-) Just a warning!! :)

Congratulations Klaudia! You did fantastic!!! There's nothing like a first race experience.... as you already know by now it is quite addicting! Have fun!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.