I am soooo mad this morning

:eek: I am honestly astounded by all of the replies :eek: Yes, what he did was wrong and obviously, yes, he has some issues - but how many of you know anything about the original poster (after only 20 posts) or her marriage? How can you tell her that she needs to get a divorce? Who here really knows the ENTIRETY of the story and that maybe he wasn't the only one in the wrong here? Do we know that he wasn't provoked? I know that there isn't one person here who is married and doesn't have problems of some sort, and I know that there are people who have had problems in their marriage that they have been able to overcome. I am not defending him in any way, but I am just wondering what makes us an expert in this relationship - that, again, we know nothing about.

Missy

Missy,

I understand where you are coming from and ofcourse we know almost nothing about this couple's background. I think I can safely speak for the others when i say that we were simply reacting to the information we were given. Hope this helps some. :)

OMG!!!!!!!!! Mouth hanging open also! How many children do you have??

And to the post above - I doubt anyone would provoke to the point of having your entire collection of Cathe ($1000) crushed!!! THINK ABOuT IT!!!

RUN - Don't walk!

Dawn

>:eek: I am honestly astounded by all of the replies :eek: Yes, what
>he did was wrong and obviously, yes, he has some issues - but
>how many of you know anything about the original poster (after
>only 20 posts) or her marriage? How can you tell her that she
>needs to get a divorce? Who here really knows the ENTIRETY of
>the story and that maybe he wasn't the only one in the wrong
>here? Do we know that he wasn't provoked? I know that there
>isn't one person here who is married and doesn't have problems
>of some sort, and I know that there are people who have had
>problems in their marriage that they have been able to
>overcome. I am not defending him in any way, but I am just
>wondering what makes us an expert in this relationship - that,
>again, we know nothing about.
>
>Missy

Missy, ITA. I had the same thoughts.

Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

>:eek: I am honestly astounded by all of the replies :eek: Yes, what
>he did was wrong and obviously, yes, he has some issues - but
>how many of you know anything about the original poster (after
>only 20 posts) or her marriage? How can you tell her that she
>needs to get a divorce? Who here really knows the ENTIRETY of
>the story and that maybe he wasn't the only one in the wrong
>here? Do we know that he wasn't provoked? I know that there
>isn't one person here who is married and doesn't have problems
>of some sort, and I know that there are people who have had
>problems in their marriage that they have been able to
>overcome. I am not defending him in any way, but I am just
>wondering what makes us an expert in this relationship - that,
>again, we know nothing about.

Well, regardless of what we do or don't know, I don't believe an act of such violence can be justified. Why would it matter what she may or may not have done to "provoke" him?

I hope the original poster gets some help.

Marie

OMG that is horrible! Aside from being livid about the DVDs, I am more concerned about the anger issue. I am guessing there are some other deeper issues involved and that needs to be worked on, stat. I think you need here and now advice and that would be my first priority. Take things from there.

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

I know you have had a "million" responses to this, but I just have to let u know that you are not alone. When I first started working out over 10 years ago I was married to a man that was very insecure. He also had um, violent tendencies. I dont know if you are actually at the point where u see it this way, but trust me when I say, it wont get any better. My ex-husband never beat me, but he would do little things, like belittle me and push me up against the kitchen counter, and well, I could go on and on.... I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I was married to this man for almost 15 years. It took me a very long time to finally stop making excuses for him and for me to realize he was not going to change. I would never tell anyone what to do, just realize that there are people who can help and if you need someone to just talk to, please dont hesitate to contact me or probably just about anyone else here at the forums. Take care,

Sherry

Everything including the new series was destroyed. I attempted to talk to him after I got home from work and he told me to eff off and gave me a verbal beating. This is beyond the dvd's. Thanks for your responses lady.

I thought you only had one of the new series? Did you mean he destroyed that one too? Because clearly he couldn't destroy all of them, since you don't have them.

This post brought me out of lurking. I just wanted to add that you should ask a lawyer (or your local women's shelter, which can get you the help you need) about getting a restraining order against him. You need safety and space away from this man.

Really, it sounds to me like crushing all your workouts would take a bit of time...not just an angry blow that happens so fast, you don't know what happened!

Violence is never justified, even if he was provoked, it is never o.k..

Talking to you in that way is unacceptable. You allowing it to happen sends the message that you deserve it and you aren't worth better. You know that isn't true. At the very least, get counseling. If he refuses or it goes no where, then I would get an attorney.

But, if it were me, I would have packed up immediately. That is a crazy violent act over something beyond your control....and silly, really!

I just wanted to say you have been given some great advice here. Your husband is in serious need of counseling. To destroy something that meant alot to you is a serious red flag. Please get help before something worse happens to you and your child(ren)! You are in my prayers.
Jen

I've read through your posts on other recent threads as well and see a couple of contradictions. I'm sincerely sorry for your trouble and pray you are not in harm's way but your contradictions have tempered my sympathies. If what you say he did is true then he is a savage and cruel tyrant. If he's capable of that then he will hit you. Jealousy is a cancer in a relationship and your husband's behaviour clearly reflects that, yet; you state in another thread that jealousy keeps you 'highly motivated'!! Curious statement really. I hope you both get the help you need to live a happy and fulfilled life.

Take Care
Laurie

I'm probably way out of line here, but this whole scenario sounds a bit suspect to me.

IF it happened, my heart and my prayers go out to you. I pray that you leave this man and remain safe from his obviously violent behavior.

Carrie, I don't think a divorce is at all a good idea...AT THIS TIME...but I would be really thinking about getting away if he's prone to violence. Destroying ANYTHING of yours (or anyone else's for that matter) is really extreme. That he's that threatened by your return to slim and healthy and toned is scary. Esp. with a child to consider. But it's a little premature to be considering a divorce!

Please whatever you do, be very alert and careful. See if there is somewhere you and your child can escape to if he gets worse.

It's terrible he destroyed your complete collection of Cathe workouts, but it's not that it was CATHE WORKOUTS that he destroyed...it's that he would react so extremely that scares me...no matter what he crushed. Just not a reasonable reaction....

DID he do it in front of you??????????????????? And your child(s)???

Or did he do it before you got home?

Doesn't really matter - the fact that he did it at all is a total RED flag!! Just curious.
Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.