I am sick of working out at home

CDPotier

Cathlete
Gym memberships are expensive, and I don't have a car now. My dear daughter had too many accidents with my cars for me to be able to afford the insurance. I guess sometimes you have to force yourself.

Caitlin,

I'm sorry to hear about the car situation and your daughter :(.

I have not gotten to the point yet in my life where I'm tired of working out at home. Having said that, my #1 exercise of choice is, and will always be, walking outdoors. Before I had my daughter, I would even walk in sub-zero temps in the snow (I live in Canada). Have you tried walking outdoors? It's a very underestimated form of exercise. I also find it to be very therapeutic.

There are so many ways to "spice" up your at-home exercise regime. No gym required! Try experimenting with a workout that you would not necessarily do or even think of. You know, getting out of your comfort zone. So many people rave about Horizontal Conditioning and have gotten fantastic results. What about youtube video's like Body Rock or Butt Bible? What about another program or trainer besides Cathe? Sometime a new exercise "toy" like a kettle bell does the trick. I recently discovered Songza: Songza - Listen to Music Curated by Music Experts. It's free! I chose a playlist for a kick-butt cardio workout and it makes cardio so much more bearable and fun for me. Don't tell anyone, I dance to 80's Party Hits too :eek::eek::D.

Good luck!

Natasha

Thank you

I often mix up step workouts, and I will do three workouts, 30 minutes of each, for a 90 minute workout. I am not as fond of kickboxing as I am about step, but I usually just do an hour or 60 minutes of that. If I feel energetic, I will add a half an hour of hi low aerobics. I know it is better to work out than not work out at all.

Caitlin -- I agree with Natasha, go outside. I found walking to be a good motivation do more. I love my treadmill, walking outside added a new kick. I had to purchase a dog ;) to figure it out, now, I love it.

Not trying to change subject or hyjack thread but do u guys see the post that is in a different language?i am asking because I never seen it before til about a week and in different threads. I thought it may b a person but the user name is different each time. Im concerned could it b a hacker? Not sure what woild b hacked but seems wierd. I mean I cant read it and the other user names that is in different languages isnt answering back so just wondering.

Not trying to change subject or hyjack thread but do u guys see the post that is in a different language?i am asking because I never seen it before til about a week and in different threads. I thought it may b a person but the user name is different each time. Im concerned could it b a hacker? Not sure what woild b hacked but seems wierd. I mean I cant read it and the other user names that is in different languages isnt answering back so just wondering.

I don't know what that is all about either, but I'm curious too. It seems silly to hack Cathe's site. Why?

When I'm feeling blah I definitely just go outside. Sometimes activity doesn't have to be a 'workout' in order for it to be good for us. How about 'Zombie Run'?

That weird language thing almost looks like pig Latin. That nonsense thing kids would do? I don't remember how if works..

Jann

Thanks for your message. I am also one of the over fifties, and I want to start posting on your forum. If I try to walk outside, I begin to jog. I used to run 60 miles a week, and I even did the marathon. My doctor told me not to jog on concrete, but I do it sometimes anyway. I did read that step has half the impact of running, but sometimes, I can't stop myself from jumping on the step. I love the aerobic high so much, and it is so much better than any drug. I also had a very strange personal training session last night, but I will not elaborate. I have three AFAA certifications, and I know it is not as good as the College of Sports Medicine.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.