I AM FURIUS!!!!! IS THIS ART?????

>Regardless of when this picture of the dog was taken, it is
>still a dog, and was still starving. Sick and disgusting that
>this animal ended up this way. Doesn't make any sense.

Exactly, something needs to be done about the bigger picture - why are there tons of starving half dead dogs walking the streets? And is anyone doing anything about it?

><I can't imagine a humane way of obtaining dairy in any
>quantity.....>
>Interesting sweeping generalizations.....

That I stand by until someone can provide proof to the contrary.

FYI: I'm not necessarily talking about small family farms that provide milk to the family, though there is always the 'problem' of what to do with male calves in the dairy industry, and I think even most family farms end up selling calves for veal, if not some other use.

but not all farms are mass producing farms...and maybe our changing economy more people will have what I consider the luxury to purchase foods produced close to home.

I agree. It is possible in my opinion to produce dairy without being cruel, but costs will be higher.

There are recent studies that indicate BGH (bovine growth hormone) injected to cows may cause cancer in human beings who consume the milk. From global warming to health risks, man's short sightedness in playing with nature ends up harming man too.

~* Vrinda *~

>From global warming to health risks, man's
>>short sightedness in playing with nature ends up harming man
>>too.
>>
>>~* Vrinda *~
>
>Wow, Vee. Such a great statement. And it's so true it's
>terrifying.
>
>Allison
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Thanks Allison. Now my resolve to stop supporting unjust or environmentally untenable businesses just got stronger.

~* Vrinda *~

There are probably lots of neglected people walking the streets as well. These are countries that don't necessarily take very good care of their people so I don't know that they would necessarily care for a dog or a cat. This "art" exhibit is entirely another matter however.

That was my thought Beavs. In countries where their people are starving, what thought do they give a dog or a cat?

On another note. Has anyone heard about the new group that is protesting eating your veggies? They claim veggies have feelings too, and feel "pain" when we eat them.:eek: Saw the blurb but did not catch the whole story on the news last night. What the hell is this world coming to?

>On another note. Has anyone heard about the new group that is
>protesting eating your veggies? They claim veggies have
>feelings too, and feel "pain" when we eat them.:eek: Saw the
>blurb but did not catch the whole story on the news last
>night. What the hell is this world coming to?

Sigh. I guess I am going to have to give up on food completely then. From here on in, it's just water and a salt lick for me.

:D

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

>On another note. Has anyone heard about the new group that is
>protesting eating your veggies? They claim veggies have
>feelings too, and feel "pain" when we eat them.:eek: Saw the
>blurb but did not catch the whole story on the news last
>night. What the hell is this world coming to?

LOL, that's great!!!

I am beside myself with anger and sadness. How could he have a bowl of water and food right out of the dogs reach? That is straight up torture. I swear I think most of the people on the face of the earth aren't worth a damn!

>What kind of person would attend this exhibit and not do
>something?

..unfortunatly, the same kind of people that would drive by a starving animal on the side of the road.. or a starving, homeless PERSON on the side of the road and not do something :T

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.