How you did to lose weigth?

Mariposa1973

Cathlete
Hi, I need to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I'm going to start with this routine for 3 weeks.
Mon-Boot Camp
Tues-Cardio Core
Wed-Pyramide Upper Body
Thurs-MMA kickbox
Friday-Pyramide Lower Body
Sat-Cardio kicks

I hope this schedule work for me.
Please if you have ideas are welcome.
Thank you.

Hi, since the goal is weight loss, you may want to consider making your weight days full body workouts instead of splits. Or maybe on the upper body only day, keep the weights to a 30 minute session and add in a HIIT workout? Some research shows better long term calorie burn from HIIT workouts.

And of course, your diet is really going to be the key factor in losing the weight, especially over a course of only 3 weeks.

Good luck!

I think diet is what matters most. I just cut out white flour and sugar and lost 5 lbs. very quickly. I wasn't eating that much of it to begin with but taking sugar out of my tea made me have fewer cravings for sweets in general. I think the other part is consistency with exercising. Different rotations work for different people but I think diet and consistency are the main factors.

I lost 20 lbs. and I did it through faithfully working out 4-6 times per week, cutting calories and eating healthy....but what I found so very interesting through the whole process is that seemingly no one wants to say the hard truth...(which I will get to)..they all seem to want to tell you...eat this way and you won't be hungry or do this and you won't be denying yourself...BUT the truth of the matter IS... if you want to lose weight...it DOES require denying yourself of some things AND it does require that you may be hungry sometimes while sticking to a healthy eating regimen. PERIOD. What I did was to steel my mind against and prepare it to deal with my body railing against me with cravings and hunger pangs. I did not starve myself, but I WAS hungry many times, but I simply worked through it...

What I found in much of my reading is that very few, if any, spoke to this truth..and I also found it very deceptive and frustrating...Everyone wants an easy sell... Now many might say that I was not doing "it" correctly...but that is simply incorrect..I was very careful to eat healthy foods...

Anyway, be willing to tell yourself NO, eat the required amount of healthy calories for you, and prepare to be hungry, tough it out, and you WILL lose weight.

your exercise schedule looks great....just be sure to do it!:eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the sad truth is that diet is so much of it. You don't have to "starve" but you crave things you just cannot have. Exercise intensity I find to be key. Twice a week commit to weights (and lower body). Simply fine tuning what you normally do should result in big changes. I didn't think it was possible to lose my "winter" pounds anymore, but with Cathe workouts all winter and a tiny bit cleaner eating I am seeing better results than ever.

I concur with the others who stressed diet. That's the key!!!!

I started STS 5.5 month rotation in January adding in extra cardio but not changing my diet. No weight loss. Finally in April I bit the bullet and joined WW online. I've been on WW since April 15th and as of this morning I've lost 9.5#! 10 is my goal! I am THRILLED! STS is a fantastic program (I finished the rotation in July) but I needed help with my diet in order to make the results of STS TRULY VISIBLE!!!!:D

Last year my goal was to exercise enough to burn 20 pounds worth of calories off.
I did that and even more. I lost nothing! I think I may have even gained a little.

This year I joined Weight Watchers and cut back on exercise and lost 11 pounds. I cut back because I was discouraged and I got a little lazy. I'm stating back exercising more just because it makes me feel better. I like Weight Watchers because I get to eat a lot and still loose weight. I eat healthey on WW too.

I agree w/ Phyllis & Tracy, diet is key. Cutting out sugar & white flour is really important. It's amazing how doing those two little things made cravings for junk go away, for me.

And like Tracy said, it's not easy to eat the right way it's a lot of hard work and discipline but if you can get into a groove it gets easier w/ time. One thing that helps me w/ the "hungries" is drinking LOTS of water. It takes up room in your stomach and makes me feel full especially drinking a good bit w/ meals. Of course between meals is important too.

The only times I"ve succesfully lost wt is by eating less. I"m not talking about starving, but watching portions and not having seconds. I have lost a few lbs when first starting a new exercise routine, but that was water wt and always came right back unless I cut my portions. I firmly believe its 99% diet. Move more, eat less. It sounds so simple and its not,(dealing with cravings, social occasions always have food, boredome,time constraints, etc) but really I think we over analize losing wt. I"ve lost 15 lbs from my highest wt, and I"m religous with exercise, but the minute I stop monitoring my portions or don't have my meals planned in advance I start gaining wt back. For some of us it will always be a battle, and I"ve finally excepted that. Doesn't mean I"m giving up, it just means I"m trying to be more relaxed and not letting food have so much control of my everyday life. I know I can do it (lose wt), I"ve proved it to myself, but I also know without constant diligence I will not continue to lose wt. I don't buy into the starvation mode stuff either (not for short term calorie retriction) I don't buy into a lot of the stuff being spouted these days. Use common sense, monitor portions,exercise, and rest. Its life style mangment IMO.

Exercise seem to make losing weight more difficult for females. Whereas increased physical activities in males have shown to surpress appetite, females experienced an increase in appetite.

I would tag on daily regular, low intensity walking . If you have a treadmill, set it to 2 to 2.5 mph and watch TV only when you are walking on the treadmill. That will help in the weightloss.

Log your calories every day. Really. This keeps you accountable. It also helps encourage me to workout. I want those calories in my food budget!

I also weigh every day which doesn't work for everyone. If you are someone who gets discouraged if the scale ooches up, then don't do this. Otherwise, I find it to be interesting to watch the fluctuations, and as long as the overall trend is down, I'm okay with that. And if the scale does ooch up, I am inspired to work harder.

I lost 20 lbs. and I did it through faithfully working out 4-6 times per week, cutting calories and eating healthy....but what I found so very interesting through the whole process is that seemingly no one wants to say the hard truth...(which I will get to)..they all seem to want to tell you...eat this way and you won't be hungry or do this and you won't be denying yourself...BUT the truth of the matter IS... if you want to lose weight...it DOES require denying yourself of some things AND it does require that you may be hungry sometimes while sticking to a healthy eating regimen. PERIOD. What I did was to steel my mind against and prepare it to deal with my body railing against me with cravings and hunger pangs. I did not starve myself, but I WAS hungry many times, but I simply worked through it...

What I found in much of my reading is that very few, if any, spoke to this truth..and I also found it very deceptive and frustrating...Everyone wants an easy sell... Now many might say that I was not doing "it" correctly...but that is simply incorrect..I was very careful to eat healthy foods...

Anyway, be willing to tell yourself NO, eat the required amount of healthy calories for you, and prepare to be hungry, tough it out, and you WILL lose weight.

your exercise schedule looks great....just be sure to do it!:eek::rolleyes:

Such words of wisdom and so very true!! I have found that brushing my teeth helps work past a hunger/craving spell ..... ;)

PCramer hit it on the head. The thing about hunger is that it tells you what you are doing is working. When I hit that hunger feeling, I know that I will see a loss on the scale (if my sodium is not too high.)

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.