How Were You Introduced to Cathe/First Tape or DVD?

This is a fun thread..

I'm an old timer. I had just purchased the original reebok step ( w/ the video starring Gin Miller) back in I think it was 93 or 94. I adored doing step and was anxious to to get more step workout videos. I found a Cathe workout at our Meijer in the video section and bought it. I can't remember which video it actually was, the first Step in Motion, maybe?

I bought a ton of workouts, ( Jane Fonda, Kellie Roberts, The Firm. I even have one that Ted Nugent's wife did!) But I always found myself liking Cathe's workouts the best and doing those the most. Now, with the exception of P90x, I haven't bought any other instructors workouts in years. Cathe's workouts have been the best for me, hands down.

Lynn M.

Hey Lynn, I have the Reebok step too! I used the Firms, Kathy Smith and Karen Voight before finding Cathe in Collage. I think my first Cathe was Mega Step Blast! (early 90's) I mostly got all of her step videos before trying any weight ones. Now I have all of Cathe except for the beginning ones that came out a few years ago...:)

I am an old timer....come back! My first Cathe's were back when the Step n Motion's I, II and III first came out. Step N Motion I has a copyright of 1990. I don't remember how I got them....maybe a mail out. But I had already been doing Jane Fonda, Firms, etc. Then...I "lost contact" with Cathe and didn't realize she was still on the go until about 6 years ago. I don't even know how I knew about the Firm workouts, but I was doing those at the very beginning also. I'm sure some of you weren't even born yet!

I think my first Cathe was Power Hour, followed by her beginner cardio DVD's. I'm not a huge fan of step workouts but I adore Cathe's weight workouts. I've accumulated most of her DVD's over the past 2 years but haven't used them all yet. Prior to Cathe I used to work out in a gym with a PT. I miss some of the machines and the cable work, but I feel like I get a great workout at home with Cathe.

Back in January 2007 I was with DH at a sporting goods store. He was buying weights to get in shape for our upcoming wedding, and I spotted the step and Cathe's Basic Step DVD that was included.

I tried it out, and loved it. I looked Cathe up on the internet and found this awesome site.

I have been crazy about Cathe workouts ever since!!!!!!!!

I then purchased Low Impact Step, Cardio Hits, Kick Max, and now Drill Max! I pre-ordered her new collection too!!!!!

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!"

"Running feels great for my soul!"

:) CHEETAH :)

I'm "old school" because I started doing step w/o with Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith. My first experience with Cathe was from FitTV. I was doing the Firm and getting really bored so I taped Low Max. It took me weeks to learn it. Then I realized that it was not complete so I ordered the "real DVD". I started using Cathe DVDs in Feb of 2007 and I can see and feel (DOMS) the differences.

Has anyone noticed that on the Firm workouts they never get out of breath?

About a year ago, my mom joined weight watchers. I started attending some meetings with her and soon found myself cruising the forums on their website.

In the fitness forum there were numerous people that made mention of Cathe. I had NO idea who she was even though I had been working out at home for about 5 years.

I did a google search...found her website...and the rest is a sweaty history!!!

I have been doing exercise videos forever! I started with Jane Fonda in the 80's and then bought the 1st Firm tape in 86. I was a devoted "Firmie" and I had about 35 of the first ones that came out. I got a little tired of the Firm when they started the infomercials and sold the bar with the "twigs" and the incline bench.
Then I saw Cathe on FitTV about 4 years ago and started recording each one. The first one I bought was Muscle Max and now I own about about 25? dvds. Love it and love her!!

Gin

I was looking for a new strength workout and stumbled upon videofitness.com. I liked the site and started reading their reviews of workouts. Cathe's Pure Strength was in the "Hall of Fame" so I bought it and loved it.

I found Cathe on Collage Video about 2.75 years ago when I was newly pregnant with my now 2 year old son! I know-great time to start Cathe work outs, right? LOL :p

I too was a Firmie and eventually sold off my Firm stuff once I was into Cathe and found the Firm to be too easy for me. I still use other instructors (BeachBody, Barry's Boot Camp, Jari Love) as well as the cardio machines at the gym but Cathe makes up MOST of my home work out collection at this point in time. I have *ALMOST* everything that she has available on DVD. ;)

I just recently brought Cathe into my life -- March 2007.

I was stewing over the five pounds that I had let creep back on after working SO HARD to lose weight after my son was born. I was 3 months from going on vacation, and I knew I wanted to lose at least that 5 pounds before the beach.

I have ALWAYS wanted to do step aerobics. My mom used to take a step class every week at the YMCA. As a single mom, she would take me with her. I was about 10 or 12 years old (25 now), and I would sit on the side of the aerobics studio and watch in AWE! I looked so FUN!

So I bought the set from Target with the circuit step, Basic Step, Body Fusion, Low Impact, Total Body Scultping, and Total Body Stretching -- all for $49.99.

I was instantly hooked. I now have all of the above, plus Body Max 2, Low Max, LIC, IMAX 2/C & W, Kick Max, Drill Max, Butts & Guts...that's all I think.

Cathe and step aerobics are IT for me -- they will always be a part of my life!

Back around 2000 I was following Body for Life and went looking for an interval workout I could do indoors (I don't enjoy running). So I found and purchased IntervalMax from College Video. Was hooked and went on to purchase more!

Linda

This is a fun thread :) My office mate's wife introduced me to Collage video and mentioned Cathe to me in 2004. My first Cathe workouts came in May 2005 via FitTV - Power Hour, PUB, C&W, and PLB. After trying those workouts, I immediately made my first set of Cathe purchases in June 2005 - the Intensity Series, KPC/L&G, Power Hour/MIS/Body Max, and Slow & Heavy. I've since added the Hardcore series, Cathe's latest DVDs, and a few of the older workouts (Leaner Legs on VHS, HSTA). I've also ordered the 4-day split and plan to order the 3-day split later this year. I also had the pleasure of attending Cathe's Roadtrip in 2005, which was great fun. I'm definitely a big fan!
Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX

My Blog: http://fitgirlatx.blogspot.com/index.html
Picture Trail URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fitgirl-atx

"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..."

I joined the YMCA with a friend, but around my son's first birthday he was unable to handle being in the nursery with all the stimuli and chaos. I'd get about 10 minutes into a class and they'd come and get me. So I had to quit.

I went back home to my Firm videos and things were cool for a while, but I always LOVED my stepping. I asked for a step for Christmas, and mine came with Cathe's All Step VHS. Up until then, I had thought I was in pretty good shape. ;-) (Yes, I've noticed that Firm instructors never get out of breath. Nor do they sweat.)

Once the new wore off, I ordered Step Blast/SJP. Then Imax3. On so on, and so on....

I had to upgrade my step to the full-sized club step. I don't have nearly as many of Cathe's workouts as I'd like, but I have enough to know that I'll never spend another dime on anyone else's products. She's it.

All Step came with the step my DH got me for Christmas in 2003 or 2004. I never thought I'd get through it, but it's still one of my faves.

And it still kicks my butt even though it's only 30 minutes long! What's up with that?!?!?! :eek:

I also discovered Cathe on Fit TV. My first was Rhythmic Step and it's also my favorite of her step workouts.

Marcy

>My first Cathe workout was Interval Max on VHS. I used to be
>a firm "Firm"ee and would never think of straying. Once the
>workouts were offered as Infomercial material, I started
>looking elsewhere for a good workout. Additionally, the Firm
>series wasn't "doing it" for me anymore. Tried Crunch, Gilad,
>and a bunch of other misc workouts (even book), but none would
>never keep my interest long-term. And then I discovered
>Cathe. For the life of me, I don't even remember how I
>stumbled upon her, but I'm glad I did.
>
>What's your story?
Mine is almost identical!

I first found out about Cathe from another weight lifting board that I visited every now and again. I wanted something more than the Kathy Smith that I was doing and someone on that board recommended Cathe, I was doing Taebo almost exclusively for my cardio at that time also. I never was a Firmie, LOL!!

I pretty sure my first VHS of Cathe's was Power Hour, and then I swithed to DVDs and order Power Hour+ again and added in Cardio Kicks/Circuit Max for some cardio. I kept (still have) those for a very long time before ordering more. I don't do step anymore but still enjoy an occasional kickboxing workout mostly now I do only weight lifting workouts.

Purchased Step & Motion I from Collage Video - I was looking for something new, since doing Joanie Greggans and Jane Fonda for years, and Cathe's tape caught my eye. The first thing that came to my mind when I did the tape (this had to be 1989 or 1990) was 'who in world is this?' - I loved it and purchased all her VHS from then on. She outshined all other instructors then, and still does, even though my old bones need more low impact.
maryann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.