How old is TOO old?

Someone posted a few days ago about one thing we would change. That got me thinking. I know it does no good to sit and depress myself over the things I SHOULD have done, but that's what's happening. I actually looked online tonight for info on the vet school I'd wanted to attend. There is A LOT involved and pretty much the only thing I'd have going for me as far as getting in is the fact that I already have 2 degrees they could pull pre-requisites from. Other than that, it would be lots of time and money. I have NO idea how I'd do it, especially since the school is 3 1/2 hours away and I'm not looking to move. What's worse, and this brings me to the post title, I see myself sitting in these classes at 36, while everyone else is in their late teens, early 20's. If I started in 2010 and went straight through, I'd be finished at 42. My dad says, "well, you'll be 42 anyway." I know that's right but.....how old is too old?

P.S. What's worse is this has driven me to sit here and eat straight from the chocolate almond ice cream container.
Only 36?????? So what? that's not old by a mile! Old is dead. That's old. And, maybe some of the courses can be online. Also, try working for a vet, it might satisfy your desire to help animals. You will be 42 sometime, with or without your fondest desires having been met. So what!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.