hot tea ???

I can't speak for the herbal, but if you like a good black tea be sure to skip Stash. Stash is almost worse than Lipton IMHO.

>Wow!There are a lot of tea drinkers here! But...loose tea
>from a friend...are you sure you drink it? :eek: ;-) ;-)

ROTFL, of course I drink it!

She is a certified herbalist (Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine) so I think I can trust her, I just make sure that I never piss her off before she mixes my teas :p }(

And I always make her drink a cup before I drink it :+

I really like Yerba Matte tea myself. I buy it loose from a stand at my local farmers market. I make it one mug at a time and have a thing that sits on top of my mug and has a cup in the center that I put some of the tea in. I like it better then the tea balls because you do not get as many leaves spilled over in your tea.

Okay, you have let me know NOT to buy Liptons or Stashx((thank you). Are there any that I CAN buy at the store that are good? I just don't want to have to rely on ordering all the time, not quite as convenient for me.

I did try the Good Earth sweet & spicy tea, YUMMMY, it is really good. Now I am still waiting on my sampler from teavana. I can so see me turning into a tea drinker:9 . I'll be clinking mugs with ya real soon, LOL

Sally

Celestial Seasonings tea is good, and they have a good English Breakfast tea, if you're looking for black tea.

>We make tea using this and it works wonderfully!!!
>
>http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html
>
My fiance and I use this, too, and we love it! So cool to set it on top of a clear glass mug and watch the tea pour in, especially if you've put a little milk and honey in the bottom--the swirling is too cool :)

It's funny, my mom is Scottish and a tea drinker, but up until a few years ago all she drank was Lipton! When cancer hit, she started trying herbal, white, and green teas. She's still a bag lady, though ;) (And cancer free for several years now. :) )

My fiance just watched a documentary on tea a few weeks ago and ordered the above linked teapot, mugs, and samplers of green and black teas. I have a horrible cold and have been drinking tea like it's going out of style! This thread has me drooling :)

If you can find Tazo I recommend it. I also noticed my store is carrying more loose teas. I've seen Typhoo (which is good) and Twinings (I have never had it) in the grocery store. I don't recommend most of the other brands mentioned such as Celestial etc. They are teas for people who don't drink tea....kinda like Budweiser tastes good to people who don't know their beer. ;)

my mom lived several years in England and when they go back to visit they'll send me Typhoo and Twinings. Ahmad (I think its spelled) Tea is also pretty good and you can get it at places like TJ maxx. I'm liking my looseleaf from tealaden though. The tarajulie is just like english breakfast and the earl grey is awesome.

I have to say that I am not a fan of Twinings. The taste is fine but I found that it REALLY stained my teeth. Noticeably so.

Hi Sally,
I haven't read any of the other replies so sorry if this is a repeat but you might want to check out some of the teas at the Republic of Tea (www.republicoftea.com). They have a huge variety of black, green, red and white teas. My personal favorite is Morrocan Mint Green Tea.
Happy sipping!

To piggyback on Andrea's message, you can get Republic of Tea teas at places like Whole Foods, vitamin cottage, etc. I totally forgot about them! They have both bagged AND loose leaf and have a good variety of teas. And you can buy them in stores, which is an added bonus.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!! You have helped me more than you know.

As I stated above I have tried the Good Earth and it is wonderful, and I got my sampler yesterday(from specialteas, not teavana like I thought), YEEAAHHHHH for me. I just tried the Almond cookie this morning and it was really good. I can't wait to try the rest. It's like Christmas morning opening presents, you get some really good ones and then you get some real stinkers, LOL.

Anyway, I'm having fun trying all the flavors that sound good to me. So far I haven't been disappointed, another YEA!

To all of you, thank you ..............again ;-) .

Take care,
Sally

P.S. I have cut my coffee down to only 2 cups already, WOOHOO:D

I can't believe no one has mentioned Yogi teas. I love their calming and detox teas. Yummy!

Sally, have you tried Teechino? This is an herbal tea that contains chicory root. This root, when roasted, has the taste of coffee. In fact, the instructions contained on the outside of the container has instructions of how to tranisition off of coffee to tea.

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

I can't say enough about Stash's Fusion: Red and White. From the first sip I was like "Wow!" And the wow factor isn't from anything added. It's all plant flavor, and it really is RED. You might be able to find it locally but I order it directly from Stash Tea online because I drink... A LOT. Also, when you order a lot they give you all kinds of free stuff with your order and it's always fun to see what goodies they include because it changes constantly. They also have a great catalog with LOTS of varieties.

RE: hot tea ??? Ahhem, Sally and Beavs;-)

Sally & Beavs!

Now I'm not sure if I should "thank you" or "curse you" ---my "tea bags" were fine until this thread of "TEA" enablers...if you don't know about the "good stuff" then its all good dependant on flavor preference. Oh but now, once you've crossed over - you can't go back. Well, I will still have my ole fav's but NOW---Look at what you've made me go and do...samplers from teavana, agiago (featured)and two others that elude me.

OMGoodness-tea tea and more tea. I'll be the one floating on the T-Step, ha! at the RoadTrip :9

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1141/3867818/7992781/318512561.jpg

http://www.picturetrail.com/retrofit

>THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!! You have helped me more than
>you know.
>
>As I stated above I have tried the Good Earth and it is
>wonderful, >Take care,
>Sally
>

Hi Sally
I just saw that you tried the Good Earth tea I suggested and liked it--I'm so glad!! I love that stuff! It's like a cinnamon roll without the calories! Good luck on your continued quest for the perfect "cuppa."

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Retrofit,

You are too funny!!! Good luck sampling all the flavors, Mmmmmmm :9

Nancy & Lorrayne,

No, I hadn't heard of mightyleaf. I'll have to check that one out also. Ohhhh, so many teas, so little time, LOL.

I have been trying some new teas. I haven't found anything that has jumped out at me yet. The Good Earth tea has been the best so far. I did find some of The Republic of Tea today at the book store where I also got the NROWL for women. I got the Ginger Peach black tea and Safari Sunset Red Tea(Rooibos blend). I'm excited to rty these. Now I need to go and check out mightyleaf. Thanks for the head up on that site.

Take care,

Sally

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.