Hoppin babies and their hot mommas! 4/4-4/10

Yes, I'm still here. I think Jacob is having a growth spurt. All he did yesterday was nurse and cry. He was up most of the day. I am a SAHM.

I am currently doing a Gym Style rotation. I love Gym Style. But I think it is time to me to change things up. Insanity is suppose to get here today. I keep looking out the window for the UPS truck. How have you ladies used Insanity? Do you follow their schedule or make up your own rotations?

Kendra- I love Gym Styles too! I am kind of doing my own rotation but using STS (I am in Meso 1 Week 4 right now) and just started added Insanity for my cardio days. I'm not a huge cardio fan so I don't know if I would enjoy Insanity by itself. So far I really enjoy Insanity and its intensity and it is just what I needed to kick things up a notch right now. I would love to lose this muffin top hanging over my jeans.

Hi, ladies! I read everything for this week, but don't have time to comment on it all LOL Besides, no one would want to read a reply that long, right?!

So bummed -- I tried to squeeze in an extra errand before heading home to register for the NJ Road Trip. I submitted my registration at 2:13 -- sold out :( DH is doing his annual golf trip in May, so this was my little treat to myself. Sigh. Guess I'll have to find something fun to spend the money on, right? ;)

Kendra, wow, your story is incredibly bittersweet. Thank you for sharing it with us. In fun, I must ask -- how on EARTH do you find time to workout with so many people wanting a piece of your time?!?! I struggle to get it done with just 2! I'm a stepmom also -- 17, 14 and 11. We have them every other weekend, Thurs to Mon.

Christine, OMG -- you thought there was a chance you were PREGGERS?! Thank GOODNESS Aunt Flo arrived today LOL I heart Costco. We belong to BJs too. I go to both too frequently, and spend way too much money when I'm there.

Jen, what a relief that your friend's baby is still in utero. How long will she be in the hospital? I can't believe she has to go through this alone; hopefully some of her family has been able to arrive to be with her.

Melanie, that chili sounds good. Like you, I eat chili year round. So easy to modify, and such a great source of protein and fiber :) Your oldest is 16? It's freaky, isn't it? When my SD turned 16, I looked at DH and said, "You now have a kid who can DRIVE!" And he was only 36!

Susan, glad you got your internet back!

Priscilla, an Exercauser is a great invention for keeping the little ones busy but contained. We also have the Fisher Price Jumperoo, which is one of those jumping mechanisms. But the Jumperoo is a floor based model, not one of the ones you hang from the door trim. Ella LOVED it, and so does Drew. For Ella, it was actually the more popular choice :)

So, I've lost 2% of my body fat. I still have too much on me, but it's a start, right?

I need new workout shoes (ironically, this was the errand I tried to squeeze in, and the store didn't even have Rykas, though its website said it carries them). Anyone try the Ryka Assist XT? Cathe recommended them to someone. The Saucony shoes I bought last week weren't comfortable enough for me, so I returned them.

Last edited:
Shots were tough, bled at both sites. Warming up the facotr and then off to get an infusion at teh clinic. Grr. Jimmy was awesome.
Packages are waiting for UPS, they are going ground, so might be a bit slow..
Allison- i have had some sauconys that suck and I love the ones i have now. I also love the rykas. I have three pairs.
got to go, but wanted to get you guys something to look forward to (packages that is)....

Oh, Christine, I'm sorry about the bleeding. :( You seem so calm about everything, which will really help John feel normal when he's old enough to realize that this makes him different. (((hugs)))

I'm ordering the Rykas from zappos.com as my No-Road-Trip Consolation Prize. I think I'll try the Assist XT. Never ordered from zappos before, but it seems hard to go wrong with free shipping both ways!

popping in quick while I eat lunch.
Allison-bummer on the road trip :(. I'm sure you'll find another treat for yourself---or maybe lots of them! I can't believe how fast it sold out.
Christine-sorry about the shots. Others have said it too, but I absolutely admire your strength!! On a happier note, woo hoo AF!!!!!
Priscilla-Caden used a jumperoo at home and exersaucer at day care and loved them both! A must-have in my opinion
Melanie-hope you made it through your day in one piece.
Kendra-hope Jacob gives you a break soon.

Eats today:
B-steel cut oats w/cottage cheese and 1/2c milk, 8 almonds, 1c grapes, 2prunes
S-8mini robin eggs, 4c air popped popcorn
L-Romaine/SPinach w/tuna. 1/2 banana
S-lentil/spinach wrap (ww)
Planned:
D-turkey meatloaf, sweet potato, green beans
S-Protein shake, apple (if needed)

Can't wait to hit the treadmill after work!!!!! Nothing better get in my way!

Lisa-Hope you had a good run. I enjoy running so much more since Jacob was born.
Allison-That road trip sure sold out quick.
Christine- Glad AF is finally here.

Allison- So nice to see you back. That's such a bummer about the road trip. Just go crazy on fitness products. That's what I would do. :D

Lisa- Hope you got your run in tonight and that it left you feeling great!

Christine- What's for dinner? Enjoyed our chat. You are a great mom!

Melanie- Hope you had a good day! Missed you!

Having some quiet time while J naps. Think I might vaccum. Such a wild life I have! :p

Hi ladies, It's been har to catch up with you. I was working FAR today so I woke up very early after not having too much sleep anyways. Now, I'm sitting on the couch thinking if I should workout or not. Oh well... I don't remember mentioning this but my SIL told a week ago that she was expecting, Just had a call from her to tell me that she went to her dr and that they found just an empty sac. She was devastated :(. This is the second time it happens to her. She has a girl (2 1/2 years) and a boy (16 months). They are hoping her own body takes care of it otherwise a C&D may be needed. Please help me pray for her.

Jen, I'm happy to learn your friend's baby is hanging in there. Pregnancy is such an emotional rollercoaster and it can keep anybody on their toes for sure.

Melanie, I hope your dad's intervention was a success today. Answering your question, I'm doing CLX strenght w/o to the tee but I sub my own cardio and most importantly add cardio to the strenght day. You'll find out that they don't burn that many calories on their own. I'll look online what a exersaucer and jumperoo is, I'm very curious.

Susan, Thanks for the comment about my age. I actually will turn 36 in 3 weeks. Oh, regarding CLX, yes, the Push phase are isolated movments but you go as heavy as you can possibly do for 6-8 reps. No compounds moves here. I previewed Lean phase and you go back to compound moves using your core a lot (back row while on a plank position)

Lisa, Did you get your run in? How often do you run and for how long? Do you take any supplements for your joints? I'm trying to figure out if it's safe to take Gluscosamine while nursing

Christine, Daniel will have his shots on Monday. Poor thing. Glad you got AF already!! I bet you were never that happy to see her come :)

Allison, sorry about the Road Trip, hey a girl can always spend some money! Right. Maybe you find some good workouts to invest on

Latricia, you have such a beautiful family. Saw your pics on FB. I always wanted a big family myself but started too late. I just had my first baby at 35 so I'm lucky If I have just another one. How do you make it to fing the time to workout and stay fit? You must be a real trooper.

Off for now,
Waves

Made it safe & sound. Thanks for all the prayers, I was so strong today & felt like I had almost a full nights sleep

Dad made it through surgery. :) Mom will learn how to take care of it tomorrow & then he'll be discharged.

Christine, yikes about bleeds. :( I'm so glad you are John's mommy...you take such good care of him.......I am soooooo excited about our packages. Thanks for doing all the work for us....I know it's alot of work. You are a top notch fitness buddy!

Allison, I use Rykas for cross country and Asics for running. I think I have Enlighten shoes.

Thanks again for all prayers & support! I'm taking Tylenol PM tonight!!!

Evening ladies!
K is in bed..she took 2, 30 min naps again! I put her in her jenny jumpy thing today...here is a pic.She didnt jump, just hung out while I chopped veggies for soup. She loves her saucer too...it occupies her for a good 10 min lol.

Christine-I hope all is well with John! We shop and Sams bi-weekly too!
Melanie-how was your day? Tired??
Allison-hi..sorry about the roadtrip! Yayy for the drop in bodyfat!
Pricilla-I really liked clx today much better. I went very heavy and DOMS is setting in!!
Jen-vacuuming..what fun! lol I actually feel very satisfied when the house is clean and vacuumed!
HI Lisa-hope your day went well!
HI Kendra-hope you are feeling rested! Kara went through a few days of just eating and not sleeping...very tiring!

Attachments

• jumpy.jpg
    jumpy.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
Morning moms
waking up a bit and then going to wokrout. Put K down at 8..she got up at 10 then at 4..not too bad. I like it when it works out that I can work out early.
Mom is coming today for the weekend. No big plans..just a little shopping.
Hope everyone slept well and has a great day!
bb after workout

Good morning Susan! Hope you got your early workout in! That jenny jumpy thing is cute. We have a jumparoo that sits on the ground but James is a little too short for it and his head doesn't clear the top...its pretty funny. :D

Melanie- Hope your Tylenol PM did its job and you got some sleep. Glad to hear that your dad made it through surgery. :D

I feel like such a horrible mom. I forgot to turn on the monitor in my bedroom last night and DH was working. :confused: James was up at 530 screaming...thank god DH had run to Walmart while working and was dropping off the groceries and heard him. He doesn't think he was awake for very long but I heard NOTHING. I was soo tired after being in the sun yesterday. You better believe I will remember the monitor from now on.

Good morning marvelous moms! :D Sixteen years ago today, Jory made me a mother. I love love love love love being a mommy! Thank you Jory!

Susan, where does your mom live? I'm envious that you get to see her so often. Love Kara's picture!! What a cutie pie. :)

Christine, when does your family come? How's John doing today? Everyone recouperating for the eventful day yesterday?

I somehow managed to get EIGHT hours of sleep tonight & boy did I need it. DH is going fishing this AM, so I'm going running the afternoon. Just a short 4 miler today, then work tomorrow, then my final long run before the big race! I"m getting so excited (and scared)!!!

I got my 15 # kettleball in the mail yesterday & now am waiting for a DVD so I can play. It was a gift. I've never tried kettleballs. I hope I don't swing it too high and give myself a black eye! Maybe I'll just do some upperbody work with it today.

Waves to all!!!!

Jen, you posted at same time. I've done the monitoring thing before. Don't feel bad, it happens.

My girls cry (scream) all the time. I really have no choice with two.....but when I compare the care I gave to one over the two...but one standards they'd be neglected. Does that make sense? They scream for hours a day just b/c I can't take care of both of them at once sometimes. :eek: It makes me feel bad...but dinner still needs to eventually be made (as well as laundry, bathrooms,....).

I guess what I"m trying to say is that crying won't kill them. They know they are loved & safe. THAT is what is important. :D

Hi jen and Melanie!
Jen-I did the monitor thing with Haley..I start out nights in my bedroom but end up in K's room..so I hear her lol.
Melanie-soooo glad you got some sleep! Happy Birthday Jory!!!!! Mom lives in Oxford, Miss..about3.5 hours away. I am very lucky she is so close!
Burn Intervals done. It was fun!
K is squirming up a storm..I will be back

Jen- Fear not, we have all done it. I was much more responsive to jimmy than I am with John sometimes. IT is hard with two! I fel like a bad mom, but I have to let him belt it out sometimes. I forget to turn his monitor on all the time, but am usually sleeping in teh next room because DH snores. You are a great mom and even better bc you got good sleep!
Melanie- I am so glad your dad got through okay. ANd glad that you got home in one piece without nodding of on the road. 8 hours of sleep, that sounds better than sex right now. My kids sleep on alternating nights. WTH? Why can't they sleep through the night on teh same evening! Mel- I threw in a whole bunch of runnign goodies, hope you like them. The caffeine jelly beans are great when you get to the end of a run and need some energy!
Susan- I had the jumperoo for jimmy and he loved it. I was sad when I had to give it away. John is not able to do any of that stuff, becuase he will bruise too much. :(
Kendra- I do nto know how you handle such a big household. I feel like clawing my eyes out with two! Wow!
Lisa- Tell those two pounds to hit the road, but do not point them over here! Are you ready for a big workout? How are your joints?
Allson- Glad to hear from you. How did you like the Rykas? That is a bummer about the rt. I had no idea that it was limited in numbers! That is incredible. you are entitled to as much athletic gear as you want!!!!!
Melanie- I have never tried a kettleball. I am intrigued.
John is doing better, just like new. THank goodness. I am tired. Both kids ended up in bed with me at 4am, which means I was wide awake with elbows in my armpit. And good old JOhn was farting in bed, and it was awful. The in laws are comign this afternoon, I booked massages for them and DH as a surprise. I keep thinking that DH will do it for me some day. Hmmm. I might have to just book it. Like Jen, I would rather run or workout, though! :) So, the pediatrician said john can start solids. Wow! He was (ahem, roll out the fat mat please), 17.5 pounds and 28 inches. Gasp. Other than a lifelong disease of bleeding, he was perfect in every way and I was really proud. Jimmy too. BBL, john needs to eat, so bottle time!
Missed you all yesterday, I will keep drama to a minimum so I can check in more.
Oh, and 16 miles on tap for tomorrow.

Thank you Melanie and Susan for the reassurance. That is what I love you guys for! I know I am not the only one that has done it but its that mommy guilt.

More prayers...my friend ended up delivering the baby this AM. All I know is that they will give her a prognosis in 48 hours so we need lots and lots of love and prayers. Her husband is coming home to be with her tonight from deployment, thank the lord. One of my friends knows someone that had their babies earlier than 25 weeks and they are healthy 7 and 9 year olds today. So all I can do is just pray for her and baby boy.

Melanie- So happy to hear you got some good sleep! You deserve it! Happy birthday Jory! You radiate mommyhood girl!

Susan- Yay for workout complete!

Christine- I do let James cry more and more as I realize it won't kill him. Girl, I thought my kid was long. How has John passed by James? I guess James is just a little peanut. :D I keep meaning to ask you, the probiotics I bought (not the ones you told me, bad I know) seem to have made his poop pastier and he still really pushes them out. Should I switch to the one you suggested or stop them to see if that helps? He's not eating rice cereal regularly either which I know can bind him up. We already use gentlease formula to help with digestion. 16 miles? You're an animal!

Hi all! BBL! I'm going to buy some 15 and maybe 20 pound weights today. My ladies at work told me my arms look great and one girl wanted to know what type of workouts I've been doing. I'm going on to Meso 2 next week so I will increase.

jen- give the probiotic in the morning and night bottle, it should help... i use goodstart, it makes his poop less pasty, due to higher sugar content. when john had similac sensitive, his poop was thicker.... also, try oatmeal instead of rice cereal, and mix in a bit of prunes baby food... and, try the florastor probiotic. wish i had known yesterday, i would have thrown some in your goody box! john was watery yellow poop since i started florastor asnd goodstart... yay on the arms! i LOVE my arms now, and it used to be that my arms were not even on the radar. ok, typing with one hand... bbl...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.