Holy Cannoli! (Yet another CC Vol8 thread)

materialsgirl

Cathlete
I just finished doing CC Vol 8 for the first time.

[font color=red size=+2]O

M

G[/font]

That's all I have to say. :p

Okay, I guess I can say more than that. It was deliciously evil. II do my CC workouts on the treadmill, and hills on the treadmill are the bane of my existence. As many of you know, CC Vol8 is made entirely of hills. I'd have to be crazy to do this on a treadmill! But as many of you also know, I am a little crazy. So I did it. ;) And it was AWESOME!

I'm not going to write up a full review, because so many others have already done so and they have said all that I could ever say. I could tell you how the music in the 2nd challenge seemed to be composed just for ME and my footstrike pace (I am not kidding - it was exactly in rhythm with my feet). And I could tell you how empowered I felt during the 3rd challenge ("another minute at level 4? NO PROBLEM COACH!")... but I won't ramble on about the little details.

I will tell you this, though. Everyone should RUN (uphill, of course), not walk, to buy this workout. Do it. NOW. They say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This will definitely make you stronger. :)

Drat, you got my hopes up. Ben and Jerry's used to make an ice cream call "Holy Cannoli", and for a second I thought that's what you were announcing! :p It was vanilla ice cream with marscapone, chocolate chips, almonds, and sugar wafers. YUM!

But I';m still happy for you!! :7

>I will tell you this, though. Everyone should RUN (uphill, of
>course), not walk, to buy this workout. Do it. NOW. They
>say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This will
>definitely make you stronger. :)

I agree!
With STS and CC, this winter is going to be a tremendous growth period for all of us. There is no way we can't grow!

I love vol. 8! It is my new favorite! The music is wonderful, so rocking! Ahhh, all of it is just great!:)

Sandra

Evily, I KNEW you'd LOVE it!! :D

And yes, it's KILLER! And I just have to say that I've seen improvements in other areas since I've been using it. This morning DH and I went for a walk. There's an intimidating hill in our neighborhood, it's steep and looooooong, and I usually try to avoid it. I usually have to stop half way up for a breather, and it just about kills my legs. Well, I stormed that hill today with barely a break in my stride (okay, I confess, I did have to slow sown a little ;) ) but still! I felt so proud of myself! Thank you, Sean. :)

Fit44, I'm planning to use CC with STS. I've come to realize that I need both Cathe and Sean. I NEED them. Cathe and Sean, Sean and Cathe -- I can't have one without the other. They both play a KEY role in my health and well being! ;)

>Cathe and Sean, Sean and Cathe -- I can't have one without the other. They
>both play a KEY role in my health and well being! ;)

Never a truer statement has been uttered! I totally agree! :D

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing ANOTHER CCV8 thread!!!! ^^^^5's Evily!

#8 just rocks. And speaking of "rocks", that's exactly what my thighs feel like whenever I do this workout. Meaning they are as hard as rocks, not as heavy as rocks...;) hehehe!

I love every CC workout I have. I just finished #4 on my stationary bike about 10 minutes ago and I am flying high! #8 is on my rotation for Tuesday morning and I cannot wait.

Cathe and Coach Sean are all I need! Can't wait to pair up CC with STS.

I just finished it on my brand new treadmill! Loved it. I pretended at the end that I was at the beach with my hunky coach - now that was relaxing :)

>>Cathe and Sean, Sean and Cathe -- I can't have one without
>the other. They
>>both play a KEY role in my health and well being! ;)
>
>Never a truer statement has been uttered! I totally agree!
>:D

I completely agree with this! Thank God for Cathe and Coach Sean. I read through his story on his website and I love him all the MORE! And I have to thank my fellow Cathe-ites in enabling me :p

Mary

I did it on Friday and I LOVED it!!! Never, and I mean NEVER have I finished a workout and thought, "when can I do that one again?!?!" I wanted to do it Saturday and today and tomorrow and, and, and.... It is awesome and Coach Sean is dreamy as always. :)

I'm beginning to find out that I LOVE all the cardio coaches for different reasons. They all make me feel like I could conquer anything.

The first one is easy compared to the others. It has it's wonderful place in my workout regimen. The Congo drums are just too much fun!
2 is a little tougher than 1. The inspirational messages are so uplifting!

I combined 1&2 together(taking out the cool down in one) for a really great 65 minute workout!! The music in the two blend well and transition nicely.

5, well what can I say. I LOVE LOVE this one too! The sprint music is awesome!! The cool down song has my heart soaring!!

I haven't done 3,6, & PressPlay, but I own them.

I was wondering.....
How many volumes are produced each year???!!!
Not to sound greedy, but I want MORE MORE MORE! Bring it on Coach Sean!!!!

I did vol 8last night and it was tough. I managed to finish the entire workout though. My speeds where definately slower since going up hill. When he says recover are you suppose to bring the treadmill back down to level and recover or your speed? I am still new to these and not sure of my zones either but I was drenched my the end of this. I hope all the hills will get my butt in shape too.

>I'm beginning to find out that I LOVE all the cardio coaches
>for different reasons. They all make me feel like I could
>conquer anything.

This is what hooked me -- I felt empowered in my workout and that feeling carried(s) over into other areas of my life.

>I combined 1&2 together(taking out the cool down in one) for a
>really great 65 minute workout!! The music in the two blend
>well and transition nicely.

I never thought to do that! I'm going to give that a try. V2 is one of my very favorite workouts, too! I like to use the shorter challenges in these workouts with the circuits from the Pump workout.

>Not to sound greedy, but I want MORE MORE MORE! Bring it on
>Coach Sean!!!!

YEAH!!! Bring it on Coach!! :D

I just ordered #5, 7, and 8 last week - hopefully it will be coming in the mail soon, I can't wait now that I hear these reviews. :)

Take care,
Marcia.

I had to dig this one up again to ask:

If you could only have ONE CC Volume, which would it be?

I'm budgeting for another Cathe DVD or two, but the CC series looks so tempting. Both my 13 y/o daughter and I love our treadmill, and I think this would really appeal to both of us.

I considered getting Vol. 1, fearing the later volumes might be too tough for her. Should I instead consider something like Vol. 4? Is it easy to shorten a longer workout by skipping tracks? (That way she could scale back in the beginning but still have room to ramp up the time in the future.)

Or should I just buy Vol. 1 and figure on buying more down the road? (Kinda like my Cathe DVDs :+ )

Thanks!

Vol 1 is the only one that I don't have. I thought it sounded like it would be too broken down and easy. Now that you bring this up, and I read Michelle's post above, I would love to hear about Vol 1. Maybe I need it too :) I haven't done all of them yet, but have loved all of the ones I have done. My guess is you will eventually own them all :) Is the sale still on?? I used the buy 3 get 2 , or whatever it is, twice. It is a great deal!

Well of course I think you should just plan on buying them all. }( :7

I love all of them, and volumes 2 and 4 are a couple of my all time favorites.

Volume 8 is the most intense of all the CC workouts -- it's uphill all the way. Volumes 5 and 7 are especially popular with people who like to run, but I do them on an elliptical and they're great fun! I would say that 5 through 8 have a higher degree of difficulty than the earlier workouts BUT, the concept behind Cardio Coach is that you work at your own level of perceived exertion, so every workout can be tailored to YOUR level of fitness.

Every track of a Cardio Coach workout is a separate file so you can easily skip tracks and make your own custom playlists.

If you want to get a feel for what the workouts are like, you can listen to clips in the CC store. To find a written description of a workout, just click on it and then follow the link.

http://www.cardiocoach.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CCPS&Category_Code=PRO

Edited to clarify a statement. ;-)

Hi Shana!!

It's good -- they're ALL good! It's a little easier, not because the challenges are easy, but because it's a shorter workout (I'm talking about V1 revised). It has 3 great challenges, again, they're not as long as the the 15 and 20 minute challenges in later volumes, but still intense enough that you get a very good workout. I'd get it because it's great for days when you want to be challenged but you're short on time. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.