High fructose corn syrup

naynay

Cathlete
is HFCS and all that stuff a big setback in trying to eat clean? Also Is brown sugar a setback I can only eat oatmeal if i have brown sugar in it.

hfcs, to be blunt, is chemical garbage.

i certainly wouldnt begrudge ya a little brown sugar on your oats.:D just keep your portions in check and you'll be fine!:D

For sweetener, I use 1/2 packet of Equal. Just this morning, my husband asked me where the sugar bowl was. I said I dont know, I don't use it!
:)

I recently cut out most/all of my high frutcose corn syrup. It's great and I've lost a little weight (which I didn't NEED to loose any...so 3lbs consistently lost was huge!) Be careful though--HFCS is in almost everything! You just have to read labels like crazy! :) I suggest Jillian Michael's Boost Your Metabolism if you are wanting to learn more about it and what it does to your metabolism (it isn't pretty lol). Good luck! Oh and I love to use honey as a sweetner! :)

Dumb Question

Is corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup the same thing?

I recently read Jillian Michaels book "Master Your Metabolism" and have been reading all the ingredient labels on products before I buy. I noticed on more than 1 label the manufacturer lists corn syrup on the ingredients list. I wondered if this was just a ploy by the manufacturer to trick consumers who are specifically looking for high fructose corn syrup on labels by thinking regular old corn syrup is okay. I think they're one in the same but was curious if anyone knew for sure.

Is corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup the same thing?

I recently read Jillian Michaels book "Master Your Metabolism" and have been reading all the ingredient labels on products before I buy. I noticed on more than 1 label the manufacturer lists corn syrup on the ingredients list. I wondered if this was just a ploy by the manufacturer to trick consumers who are specifically looking for high fructose corn syrup on labels by thinking regular old corn syrup is okay. I think they're one in the same but was curious if anyone knew for sure.

If you look at the ingredients of corn syrup, High Fructose Corn syrup is on there. At least it is on my DH's bottle. He eats Corn Syrup on his pancakes. Or, let's say he used to. I have him switched over to pure maple syrup now. So I would deduce that anywhere you see "corn syrup" you are getting HFCS too.

Thanks for checking. I just looked at the bottle of syrup in our fridge and guess what? HFCS! I rarely eat it but DH and the kids eat it with their waffles and pancakes at least once a week. Going to have to replace it with the real stuff and encourage them to use that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.