Hi Everyone!

Why would you post this for Cathe to read? :(

As a business woman, I think she should know what people are saying, first of all, and second of all, I think it's good for people here to know what regular posters are saying about Cathe away from this forum - they use this forum (again, that Cathe pays for and is free for all of us) to hang out, learn from each other, socialize, and then they trash her elsewhere.

Cathe,
You are an amazing and talented woman. I SO appreciate the thought and effort you put into your products. You are the master in this industry. I have worked out for over 20 years and I have over 100 videos and none of the other videos come even close to yours in regards to intensity, quality and production. Thanks you for everything that you do. As far as the cool down drama, I think we are all capable of marching in place.

Susan

As a business woman, I think she should know what people are saying, first of all, and second of all, I think it's good for people here to know what regular posters are saying about Cathe away from this forum - they use this forum (again, that Cathe pays for and is free for all of us) to hang out, learn from each other, socialize, and then they trash her elsewhere.

I don't see these reasons as being productive for anyone. I also think it's intrusive to the posters on the other forum (even though I don't agree with them). They have a right to their opinions. They don't intend for Cathe to read these comments and I don't think it's right to "out" them like that. Some of them might not be happy about it, and for good reason.

If you really think that Cathe should know that people are "trashing her" as you call it, it would be more appropriate and tactful to let her know privately.

Hi Cathe,

I am amazed with all you have going on you still are commited and care about all the people following you.that you spend time saying hi to people and remembering things about people most would forget!! You are one of a kind and have a huge heart!!

Since I live in WI and financial issues I couldn't make it to your road trip 1.5 years ago, but my sister, who I introduced to your workouts (it's funny, she introduced me to advanced workouts, she's a runner and I will never be, but she loves your workouts) went to your road trip as she lives close by. She was so excited to be out with other woman, working out and meeting you, but she got you to sign a hat to ME, not her!!! What a sister!! She knew that I think you are amazing, your workouts are something else and beyond anyone else. Do I do other workouts, sure, but yours are the ones I come back to. You turned me from an intermediate exerciser to advanced (although with personal issues I need that spark again....been away from working out and picking up bad habits). You are amazing. You can not please everyone as you know.

No one needs to post what others feel, you have a team monitoring your market I am sure. You cater to an advanced crew, you do not need to change to add a modifier (we are advanced enough to know - trust me, with me not working out much I couldn't do it all, BUT WORKING OUT WITH YOU I know how to modify)....don't change your workouts that brought you to this place, as you already know!! as far as cool downs, we are advanced enough to hit pause and cool down more. Heck, being advanced enough like you, the time you spend cooling down our heartrate would be down!!. I pause during other times, I can pause to cool down more. Stay true to you and you'll have many loving it.

Keep bringing on the workouts, you put out incredible product!!! Keep it up and I look forward to working out with you and getting my life back on track!!!! Like my hat from you says, "Keep working hard, Jane!" I promise I will try!! Keep pushing me!

Loving the new workouts!

I don't see these reasons as being productive for anyone. I also think it's intrusive to the posters on the other forum (even though I don't agree with them). They have a right to their opinions. They don't intend for Cathe to read these comments and I don't think it's right to "out" them like that. Some of them might not be happy about it, and for good reason.

If you really think that Cathe should know that people are "trashing her" as you call it, it would be more appropriate and tactful to let her know privately.

I guess we disagree on this matter.

Amy, great post!

I guess what confuses me is that every advanced exerciser knows that when doing cardio, your heart rate is the gauge for cooldown. The more advanced you are, the quicker your heart rate will go down.

I have done 3 of Cathe's Shock Cardio, them being, HIIT 30/30, HIIT Pyramid and Athletic Step and I never felt short changed in the cool down. Why? Because during Cathe's "cool down" my heart rate not only went below my cardio zone but dropped an additional 10 to 20 beats so I was more than ready to start a stretch.

That being said, I also appreciate knowing I can get a good workout in a certain amount of time without "fluff" being added to it. There are many cardio workouts that have a 60 minute time posted to it but by the time you do the warmup, the stretch, the workout itself, the cooldown and then the stretch, the cardio segment itself is half the time or a bit more at best.

So I like knowing with these workouts that the time listed on the back of the DVD isn't a bunch of fluff. I don't need Cathe to walk me around my basement to cool down. Heck, I don't even need her to stretch me out. I want the guts of the workout to deliver, that's it, and she does it continually with all of her workouts,including these.

And Morningstar, yeah, you posted a thread from another forum that bashed Cathe on this issue and you may get some heat about that but who cares. I read that specific forum every day and often scratch my head with the Jenkyl and Hyde personalities we so often see from that forum to this forum.

Okay, okay, I am stepping off my soapbox. Sorry if I came across a bit strong but Cathe told us what to expect with this series and she delivered exactly what she said. Yes, we all expected it earlier than this. Fall to most of us meant Sept or Oct and most of November. But she delivered an excellent product, to me, well worth the wait.

Cathe? Seriously? I thought I was in great shape - I did MMA boxing and my serratus anterior was sore for almost 6 days!? WHAT?!

Enjoying everything! Thank you for your hard work!

Clarissa
I just finished MMA Boxing and I'm already feeling it! This was the last one for me , now I've done the whole series and all I can say is .......I love them! Way to go Cathe:)

Interesting how similar the advice was to some that a certain person gave just the other day....:D

Sorry if I offended you! I value everyone's responses, and I know that you are all very experienced, but, as Cathe was online, I wanted to verify a few things that I didn't understad properly
:)

Sorry if I offended you! I value everyone's responses, and I know that you are all very experienced, but, as Cathe was online, I wanted to verify a few things that I didn't understad properly
:)

It didn't offend me at all! I was happy that my advice was so similar to Cathe's - yay me!

I guess what confuses me is that every advanced exerciser knows that when doing cardio, your heart rate is the gauge for cooldown. The more advanced you are, the quicker your heart rate will go down.

I have done 3 of Cathe's Shock Cardio, them being, HIIT 30/30, HIIT Pyramid and Athletic Step and I never felt short changed in the cool down. Why? Because during Cathe's "cool down" my heart rate not only went below my cardio zone but dropped an additional 10 to 20 beats so I was more than ready to start a stretch.

That being said, I also appreciate knowing I can get a good workout in a certain amount of time without "fluff" being added to it. There are many cardio workouts that have a 60 minute time posted to it but by the time you do the warmup, the stretch, the workout itself, the cooldown and then the stretch, the cardio segment itself is half the time or a bit more at best.

So I like knowing with these workouts that the time listed on the back of the DVD isn't a bunch of fluff. I don't need Cathe to walk me around my basement to cool down. Heck, I don't even need her to stretch me out. I want the guts of the workout to deliver, that's it, and she does it continually with all of her workouts,including these.

And Morningstar, yeah, you posted a thread from another forum that bashed Cathe on this issue and you may get some heat about that but who cares. I read that specific forum every day and often scratch my head with the Jenkyl and Hyde personalities we so often see from that forum to this forum.

Okay, okay, I am stepping off my soapbox. Sorry if I came across a bit strong but Cathe told us what to expect with this series and she delivered exactly what she said. Yes, we all expected it earlier than this. Fall to most of us meant Sept or Oct and most of November. But she delivered an excellent product, to me, well worth the wait.

I think mostly it is because the cool-downs are usually offered, and without them, the work-out feels shorter and somewhat incomplete. Coupled with the shorter work-outs(and yes, that was advertised), it has caught people by surprised and made them unhappy. As a long, long, long time satisfied Cathe video user, I think the choice to omit the cool-downs on these is not a good one, but not a deal breaker for me on the videos. I hope future videos will go back to having cool-downs.

I think mostly it is because the cool-downs are usually offered, and without them, the work-out feels shorter and somewhat incomplete. Coupled with the shorter work-outs(and yes, that was advertised), it has caught people by surprised and made them unhappy. As a long, long, long time satisfied Cathe video user, I think the choice to omit the cool-downs on these is not a good one, but not a deal breaker for me on the videos. I hope future videos will go back to having cool-downs.

I don't want my post to come across that I think a shorter cooldown works for everyone and I think that those who want a longer one should definitely take the time to do it.

And I do also agree that people should voice their opinions and/or concerns. Not all workouts or instructors can please everyone, no doubt. I am just surprised with the level of attack Cathe is taking on this. I have never seen anything like it and there are many other workouts out there lacking in areas as well but people just don't get that angry about other instructors. That's what puzzles me.

I realize and accept that I will never please everyone with everything I do however, I also don't understand the thought process of a purchaser who is continuously unhappy with most everything I do yet continues to buy (and criticize) nearly everything I make :confused:

Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. I might have some things to reconsider.

Please do. Then head over to the VF and complain about it.

I am just surprised with the level of attack Cathe is taking on this. I have never seen anything like it and there are many other workouts out there lacking in areas as well but people just don't get that angry about other instructors. That's what puzzles me.

I agree. I personally do not feel short-changed by anything in this series, but I understand everyone has their own opinions. However, I just don't understand all the bitterness and anger out there directed toward someone who only has our best interests at heart. It's not like Cathe stole our money, promised Shock Cardio videos and instead put out videos on how to play hopscotch or something....:(

Why can't this return to a warm fuzzy place like it used to be? Just my opinion and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.....

I like knowing with these workouts that the time listed on the back of the DVD isn't a bunch of fluff. I don't need Cathe to walk me around my basement to cool down. Heck, I don't even need her to stretch me out. I want the guts of the workout to deliver, that's it, and she does it continually with all of her workouts, including these.

I couldn't agree more!!! In Cathe's initial Shock Cardio post, she told us the timeframes of all 11 workouts and didn't stray from the original plan. Some people are upset over the lack of cooldowns, but if 3-5 minutes of each workout had been taken out of the cardio portion and used as a cooldown, people would be upset as well. I'd much rather wing a cooldown than an MMA combo!

Keep doin' what you do, Cathe, because nobody does it better. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.