Hi Everyone!

Hi Maria...love your favorites list :D I don't have any specifics regarding the other tour sites yet. However I can tell you that I will have the annual local Cathe RT in New Jersey and that will most likely be during one of the summer months this summer. We plan to continue with the weekend format we currently are doing. Thanks for asking :)

Hi Cathe! Loving the new workouts!! So far HiiT, MMA Boxing plus Heavy Bag and CCC are my favorites!! I was wondering about your upcoming 2010 tour. Do you know when you might have more details about the other stops (Chicago specifically). Also will they all be the same three-day format? Will there be a possibilty that you may offer a one-day visit at any of the tour stops? Will you also be doing your annual New Jersey Road Trip? Thanks!

Maria

Thank you Autumn! Those core moves are harder than they appear. There is a sticking point right as you are about to come to your feet to stand up...getting down those mechanics, along with strength and flexibility play a big role but once you practice a few times you will find yourself making big improvements. Good Luck and have fun.

I love all the MMA's. I'm having a hard time doing the ab rolls with jump up's at the end, as I do with squat thrusts. Don't know why they are so hard, they look much easier when you do it....But I am happy w/ the series, thanks for your hard work. - Autumn

Way to work it Josie! Love your enthusiasm. Happy New Year!!!

Hi Cathe - I just wanted to say a big hello from the UK and to say I finally received my Shock Cardios and did 40/20 the other evening and it really got me good! - and I know there must have been some afterburn of calories going on afterwards - just what I need.

Thanks so much for continuing to keep me and others motivated and healthy!

Josie :)

Hiit and Sit....now there's a workout title :D As of right now I don't have plans to make those specific workouts, but one never knows. Thank you for your interest :)

Cathe,

I love 30/30! Time flew by so fast and it certainly gets the job done! I think this one will be my fave for awhile until I work up to the other 2.

By the way, I really didn't notice/mind the short cool down...I just wanted to sit!

Thanks for Hiit!

Any interest in doing TRX workouts? Howbout kettlebells?

Thank you, I love it too jbliff! MMA uses the core in so many non traditional ways and I love it. Brought back the gymnastics in me :) Glad you like it and thanks for stopping in to share that.

Hi Cathe. No questions -- just wanted to say I love the core work in the MMA workouts, it's so different from the usual core work and a lot of fun too.

Thank You Deb, that's great news. Don't overdue ....pace it don't race it...I don't want you to be sidelined again. Stretch and ice are your best post workout friends :D

Hey Cathe! Have done Athletic Step, HIIT 30/30 and Pyramid HIIT - loved them all even though they are kicking my butt!!!

I was doing a lot of running for my cardio but had to stop a few months ago due to plantar fasciitis. I was worried to start up with new year with so much high impact since it it finally healed (no pun intended :p) but the impact isn't not evening flaring up my PF at all!!!!

Needless to say - I am thrilled so far!!!

Hope you had a great holiday!

Last edited:
Hey Cathe :) I just wanted to say how much FUN I am having with the new workouts. I got STS for Christmas, so I can combine the two. I am having a GREAT time... my only problem is I'm STARVING!

I was just wondering, when you say 'clean diet, moderate carbohydrate' what exactly you mean. And are protein shakes okay to take?

THank you :)

BTW... i did double wave pyramid tonight. WOW! and OW! (there is a reason those two words rhyme! They have to go together!!)
xx

Aw, thanks for sharing that Eunice. I just love the innocent and heartfelt things kids say. Hugs to both of youl

Hi Cathe, I just wanted to share something really cute, I was doing STS Disc 1 and I was "OMG Cathe kick my butty today and my 5 year old DD(Stacy) said that's ok mamy you love Cathe, Cathe is cool... she is always around when I'm working out so she knows Cathe very well..one day I was doing one of the oldies dvd's and... Stacy ask mom that's Cathe? she knew your voice but when she saw you she ask me...
Oh and so many other little things.!!!! Your fantastic Cathe..Loving STS Cardio and working hard...

Hi Cathe -- I just wanted to say hi! Joe is starting up STS again, and he's having that silly grin he has after the workout again. (That said, he hasn't done the Leg one yet...so he'll be cursing tonight.) He's also uber excited about San Diego (yep, he's coming with me) so he's trying to learn your step aerobics...he was just awful at Step Moves but it made me laugh so hard that it was worth it. Loving Shock Cardio (of what I can, I've been sick) and excited to see you soon (I also may be back home at the end of February/ beginning of March so i'd love to see you and Mrs. B again). That's all -- now I have to go back to work... :) I mean, :(

Cathe, just wanted to say "hi" and tell you how much I'm enjoying Shock Cardio! I even love Step Moves, and that's saying a lot because I usually don't care for step! (I'm too uncoordinated and I'm not patient enough to learn the moves...!) It's so much fun and although I didn't master it the first time, I'm looking forward to doing it again...and again!

I'm off to do MMA Boxing, another favorite. Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all!

Yippee Deb. Glad you had so much fun. The frog jumps get you good,,,ribbit, lol. How did you like the firewalkers with the new Firewalker bands? Sure beats all that tying and untying, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing.

...survived Circuit Blast and what a BLAST it was! Whewie!

Some fun moves...a few stand out as favs: loved the uneven squats, frog jumps, box jumps with plie jax (never dreamed I'd be able to do ALL of them with 4 risers on each side, but I did! And, boy was I breathing afterwards :eek:) . Always love Firewalkers and used my brand new Firewalker bands I just ordered from Yours truly! :) OUCH! One of the final moves, maybe it was the last move, was the back lunges with the band pulls, was one of my very favs. It actually felt good to do that move. Oh gosh, I think all the circuits were my fav! Thanks for another WINNER!!!!!!

LOL, I hear you Lorrayne....there is NO WAY I would have done Travel Fit with our TPR FBC bands. That's why I had new bands made just for this workout. The new bands will also be non-latex but are much closer in flexibility to that of the green Theraband we used in our older workouts.

So glad you enjoyed the workout. It gives a nice bite when you least expect it :p

Cathe, I must say that if you and your crew practiced TravelFit with any of your original FBC bands, then I bow to you all. I used one of my shorter green bands from another manufacturer and found it to be the perfect tension for me. I couldn't imagine trying any of those exercises with even the original pink FBC band. Ouch, ouch, ouch. :)

I'm sooo happy with this workout as it's the perfect size for carry-on luggage (and the TSA screeners won't confiscate any of the equipment required for this workout)! :)

Hi Cindi1! As I point out to you on the workout, you should definitely cool down longer if needed. Especially if your heart rate is still elevated above 65% of your target heart rate.

My reasoning for shorter cooldowns on these DVD's was so that I could share more choreographed content with you. I tried to keep within my promise of shorter workouts for this series, somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes, and therefore I wanted to give you as much content as I could in this time.
Seriously?:confused:
Omitting a crucial part of a workout (the cooldown) may make the RECORDED SEGMENT of a workout shorter (the DVD), but it doesn't make the WORKOUT itself shorter, or save time for the exerciser (except for those who usually skip cooldowns, but they could be accomodated by putting the cooldown as a separate, easily skippable, chapter).

And I'm sure that, as in many past workouts, you could come up with something better than marchs and step touchs.;)

While I appreciate the long warm-ups, I feel like we've been shortchanged by getting incomplete workouts.

Hi Cathe!
I've done all your Shock Cardio series, and have now started you 3.5 month rotation. San Diego will get in the way, though, but, that is ok!

I have a question about my boxing form. I know it is all wrong! I look like one of the 3 stooges (you know when they hit each other, especially Curly), where my arms just look like they are flailing, or maybe I look like I am drowning in water...
Anyway you get the [silly looking] picture of how I look. You and your team have your whole bodies moving, sort of bouncy, and I can't seem to do that. Only my upper body moves. Do you have any suggestions how I can get my core working? I don't feel my core worked and I know I should. I also do try to push from my body(maybe foot or hip) to put power behind some moves like upper cut, hook, cross, etc, but I still don't look right when I look in the mirror.

Any tips for me?

Thanks again, and I really enjoy this series.

Oh, one more thing, I got my friend/neighbor interested in working out with you. She saw my newly painted workout room, and setup and I let her borrow 2 GS upper body DVD's. They were too hard so she bought Basic step and (...?), a step, and a band. Another recruit!

Hope you're still online!
And thanks for everything!

Hi Cathe,
I'm doing your 3 month STS/Shock Cardio rotation and today was MMA Boxing. I finished that one with a smile on my face. Love the music. I wasn't smiling with 40/30 ... that was a killer.
Maybe someday I'll be able to actually get up on the "roll on your back/flip over/push up and jump thingies" ...I forget with Shock Cardio they were on ... but even if I never get them right they're a hoot to try at age 56 and if someone wants to laugh at me they can jump in and try one with me ... just like the 'ole fire walkers! Someone wants to laugh ... here's a band. :)
Colleen
PS Thanks for the gift of Travel Fit. It'll complement your kick boxing /core & stretch workouts that i take with me when I need to travel. I've actually carried weights in my suit case and that's nuts! The band leaves me room for my clothes.

Last edited:
Cathe, just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year! Tonight I'm doing MMA Boxing "with" another Catheite that lives in another country. Once a week we do long distance joint workouts and it's so motivating!

Thanks for all the sweet sweat and giving us the forums so I could meet my workout buddy!

WOW AND OW...Love that Zozo!!!! :D

How perfect for you to have both STS programs ready to go. Happy New YOU!!!

Yes, protein shakes are perfect and I take them regularly. I like whey protein by Gold Standard. It's low in carbs and high in protein. I take it immediately after my workout and sometimes a couple of hours ahead of it too. They are cleaner if you don't clutter them with too many add ins. I take mine straight with water. On occasion with nonfat milk.

If you are starving then up your calories with clean food. IE: snacks can be a green apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or a rice cake with nonfat yogurt and blueberries. Or even a protein shake with nonfat milk and a small handful of raspberries. Salads with lots of deep greens, and healthy veggies, or a nonfat string cheese dipped in balsamic vinegar with fresh sliced tomatoes (higher in sodium but if you sweat hard you can have it).

Meals will have a nice lean protein (ie: grilled lean white chicken breast), a nutrient dense green veggie (ie: steamed broccoli) , and a complex carb (ie: steamed brown rice) a healthy beverage of water, green tea, non fat milk...

Have a 5 small meals and a snack between every meal. You'll be eating about every 2.5 hours to keep your metabolism rev'd. So your food is burned up and digested before adding the next meal on. There is no food layover this way....and that means no hang over muffin tops either ;)

Good Luck...

Hey Cathe :) I just wanted to say how much FUN I am having with the new workouts. I got STS for Christmas, so I can combine the two. I am having a GREAT time... my only problem is I'm STARVING!

I was just wondering, when you say 'clean diet, moderate carbohydrate' what exactly you mean. And are protein shakes okay to take?

THank you :)

BTW... i did double wave pyramid tonight. WOW! and OW! (there is a reason those two words rhyme! They have to go together!!)
xx

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.