Hi Everyone!

Hi Cathe I have MMA boxing on tap for today... A little scared I have
done the HiiT workouts and I love them.... I was wondering if there
is an update on the new bands??
Have a great day!!
Tracy

Which Nike shoe are you wearing in STS?

Hi Cathe! I starting my second round of STS and have two of the new cardio DVDs arriving today. I'm going to need all the help I can get, starting with some new shoes. I've been wearing ryka, but they're really hard to find. Which Nike shoe are you now wearing? They caught my eye in STS Disc 2 this morning.

I can't thank you enough for the motivation, dedication and fun! Have a terrific new year!

Beth

Which Nike shoe are you wearing in STS?

Hi Cathe! I'm starting my second round of STS and have two of the new cardio DVDs arriving today. I'm going to need all the help I can get, starting with some new shoes. I've been wearing ryka, but they're really hard to find. Which Nike shoe are you now wearing? They caught my eye in STS Disc 2 this morning.

I can't thank you enough for the motivation, dedication and fun! Have a terrific new year!

Beth

Please do. Then head over to the VF and complain about it.

LMAO!!!!! As part of the apparently long standing "uneducated" crowd, I have to say that Cathe has changed how I approach fitness and fifty years from now when she's having pre-sales on wheel chair workouts I will invoice #1 (BTW, I'll need an extra long cool down)!!!

Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. I might have some things to reconsider.

Please see #3, 8 & 10. Thank you.

re⋅spect  /rɪˈspɛkt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-spekt] Show IPA
–noun 1.a particular, detail, or point (usually prec. by in): to differ in some respect. 2.relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route. 3.esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment. 4.deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly. 5.the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect. 6.respects, a formal expression or gesture of greeting, esteem, or friendship: Give my respects to your parents. 7.favor or partiality.8.Archaic. a consideration.
–verb (used with object) 9.to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat. 10.to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights.

OK, I was trying to avoid the drama, but I just can't. Cathe has bent over backwards to give everyone quality, unique, amazing workouts for years. Hers are like no other. Her workouts are the most complete workouts I have ever found. They include a workout, premixes, chapters, you name it. But she doesn't stop there. She has this forum so that people from all over the world, really, can support each other in their endeavors to become stronger and healthier. She regularly checks in with us and gives us advice. Heck, she even gave me a customized rotation after I had my last child. I've seen her take the time out for all of us. She genuinely cares. In addition, she hosts a road trip every year to bring Cathletes together to celebrate their strength. And, despite EVERYTHING she does, people are whining over cool downs? I mean, my goodness, if you don't like the workout, then don't buy it. I think it's very ungracious for people to come on the forums and whine about it. It's just plain rude. It's just a cool down. Buy Stretchmax, and pop it in the DVD player when you are done with your workout and voila... cooldown. Geesh. :mad: In my best mama tone: "YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, AND YOU DON'T FUSS A BIT!!!" :mad:

*stepping off of soap box*

Hi, Cathe! I miss you! I'm going to San Diego this weekend to run the Mermaid 10k but I'm sad that I can't make it out to San Diego when you will be there. I'll be thinking of you while I'm there though. I love San Diego, it's so beautiful! What are you doing for Superbowl?

Re: drama and such: Yikes! I had NO idea that this sort of...banter...was going on.

Now, I know what I do is nowhere near the scale of what Cathe does...but as a fitness instructor I know it's absolutely impossible to please everyone. In my own experience teaching classes - in a given frame of time - an hour or whatever - clients just want as much of that time to be spent on the main workout because...well, that's WHY they're taking the class in the first place. They want the instructor's guidance and expertise because they don't have the training and/or motivation to do it themselves. They feel jipped if the warm up or cool down lasts too long, or if the workout wasn't challenging enough. When I teach a 50 minute cardio class, they want as much of those 50 minutes as possible to be spent burning up b/c that's what they paid for. That's the approach I tend to take anyway. :p

Meh. I don't know. I haven't gotten a chance to try all the new dvds out, but I've never been dissatisfied with anything Cathe has produced. Her workouts always deliver, and she's just plain awesome for all the time and energy she puts in. :D

I think I meandered a bit here, and now I feel all awkward about it b/c this is my first post in the forums and I don't want to be ostracized for saying the wrong thing, lol :eek:

OK, I was trying to avoid the drama, but I just can't. Cathe has bent over backwards to give everyone quality, unique, amazing workouts for years. Hers are like no other. Her workouts are the most complete workouts I have ever found. They include a workout, premixes, chapters, you name it. But she doesn't stop there. She has this forum so that people from all over the world, really, can support each other in their endeavors to become stronger and healthier. She regularly checks in with us and gives us advice. Heck, she even gave me a customized rotation after I had my last child. I've seen her take the time out for all of us. She genuinely cares. In addition, she hosts a road trip every year to bring Cathletes together to celebrate their strength. And, despite EVERYTHING she does, people are whining over cool downs? I mean, my goodness, if you don't like the workout, then don't buy it. I think it's very ungracious for people to come on the forums and whine about it. It's just plain rude. It's just a cool down. Buy Stretchmax, and pop it in the DVD player when you are done with your workout and voila... cooldown. Geesh. :mad: In my best mama tone: "YOU GET WHAT YOU GET, AND YOU DON'T FUSS A BIT!!!" :mad:

*stepping off of soap box*

In my family, you better appreciate what you get & take care of it because it may be the last thing you ever get.

Yes, I do appreciate this site & Cathe's workouts, more than you know.

Linda

... Her workouts are the most complete workouts I have ever found. They include a workout, premixes, chapters, you name it. ... And, despite EVERYTHING she does, people are whining over cool downs? I mean, my goodness, if you don't like the workout, then don't buy it. ... It's just a cool down. Buy Stretchmax, and pop it in the DVD player when you are done with your workout and voila... cooldown. Geesh. ...

Huh? These new workouts for the most part do not include premixes.

If people had known ahead of time there would be no cool downs, they would have been able to make an educated decision to buy or not. People are upset that they already bought it (based on the history of Cathe's finished products)--only to find out the workouts are not complete.

Stretch Max is a stretch DVD. The complaint is that there are very few cool downs, not that there are no stretches.

Cathe's response to Kathyrn, IMO, is quite unprofessional. She let her emotions come into play about something completely business related. She may not have liked what Kathryn said or how she said it, but she should have reminded herself that the customer is always right, thanked Kathyrn for her input, and taken the criticism as constructive feedback about a product she produced that is not satisfying some people.

I am so sick of this cooldown topic. I still haven't even really noticed that the cooldowns are lacking. Neither does my husband. I mean, seriously, walk around a little bit more. She even says to cooldown longer on the videos. And who cares if they are step taps and toe taps to cool down? What else do we need to do to cooldown? Wow. Get over it. When my DH and I stretch after these workouts, we aren't gasping for air at that point. How long do you need, seriously? Pause the DVD player!

And maybe Cathe was just plain sick of being criticized all the time. It happens. I know I am pretty dang sick of my clients attacking me sometimes too about stupid crap. I can totally empathize with her. Why don't you accept Cathe's videos as is? What a dumb waste of time to even bring it up as a topic; what a dumb waste of time for me to even comment on it.

Rock on, Cathe!

Clarissa

ugh with you clarrisa actually i can't believe a month old tread is dreaded up just for more arguing,just the arguing is what i am getting sick of and i have tried to ignore it but it seems rampant lately. are we all stuck in snow and have cabin fever?

kassia

ugh with you clarrisa actually i can't believe a month old tread is dreaded up just for more arguing,just the arguing is what i am getting sick of and i have tried to ignore it but it seems rampant lately. are we all stuck in snow and have cabin fever?

kassia

I know. Even I have succombed to it and I am usually a fence-rider. It totally wasn't like me to post with such an opinion but I can't believe this. Things are so much more important in life and all we are going to do is criticize a cooldown? This is a non-issue IMO! Perspective, people! I have just felt so personally attacked lately on FB, the Cathe forum, and in real-life w/ my clients and even my family. I am SO OVER IT!!!! Ahhh, I feel better. ;)

I know. Even I have succombed to it and I am usually a fence-rider. It totally wasn't like me to post with such an opinion but I can't believe this. Things are so much more important in life and all we are going to do is criticize a cooldown? This is a non-issue IMO! Perspective, people! I have just felt so personally attacked lately on FB, the Cathe forum, and in real-life w/ my clients and even my family. I am SO OVER IT!!!! Ahhh, I feel better. ;)

if ppl want a cooldown can finish my shovel/ice breaking for me?

criticize is one thing but to bring up an old thread(which i am now guilty of keeping alive LOL) just to argue some more is real disheartening. sorry you are having a rough time, at times like these i just give life the finger and keep on truckin' all i know how to do is keep on keepin' on(joe dirt)

kassia

if ppl want a cooldown can finish my shovel/ice breaking for me?

criticize is one thing but to bring up an old thread(which i am now guilty of keeping alive LOL) just to argue some more is real disheartening. sorry you are having a rough time, at times like these i just give life the finger and keep on truckin' all i know how to do is keep on keepin' on(joe dirt)

kassia

I know! Hee hee!

I have been a Cathe fan for many, many years. I also have frequented these forums and others for many years. I have learned that there are certain people who always seem to nit-pick and complain about everything Cathe does while calling themselves "fans."

I don't blame Cathe for her comments. I have often wondered why do certain posters bother continuing to buy her stuff and more importantly why do they spend so much time on her forum since they obviously are not happy with her products? If you have made friends here, great. I just don't get the obvious hours of devotion here because it takes a lot of time to read and post on many, many threads to up your post count.

I have jumped on many fitness bandwagons over the years, tried many things and found many I did not like. I did not continue to buy from these instructors. I do not spend much time on these instructors forums and criticize their products. If you don't like Cathe's stuff, fine, move on. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. There are tons of other things out there.

I get everyone is entitled to their opinions but sometimes it seems like some people are a broken record with their complaints, especially where Cathe is concerned and it seems petty and ridiculous. There are other ways to find humor.

Honestly since some of these people are such "experts" why do they find the lack of a sufficient cool down so difficult? If they are so knowledgeable, make up their own, pop in another dvd or walk around. Is it so difficult? For the record, I didn't notice that the cool downs were short. I haven't had any problem with them. Everyone is different though.

She cannot please everyone. But those she does are many.

Cathe's response to Kathyrn, IMO, is quite unprofessional. She let her emotions come into play about something completely business related. She may not have liked what Kathryn said or how she said it, but she should have reminded herself that the customer is always right, thanked Kathyrn for her input, and taken the criticism as constructive feedback about a product she produced that is not satisfying some people.

Normally I'd agree with this, but frankly I've found Cathe to be beyond professional in her dealings with all of her customers. However when one particular customer (who, BTW, is not a fitness professional, nor is she the ultimate authority on all things fitness, although she seems to believe she is) criticises over & over & over again, and never ever counterbalances it with anything positive, I think Cathe's response was not only restrained & polite, but entirely appropriate.

Normally I'd agree with this, but frankly I've found Cathe to be beyond professional in her dealings with all of her customers. However when one particular customer (who, BTW, is not a fitness professional, nor is she the ultimate authority on all things fitness, although she seems to believe she is) criticises over & over & over again, and never ever counterbalances it with anything positive, I think Cathe's response was not only restrained & polite, but entirely appropriate.

in 100% agreement with you, Laura...as someone who works in customer service for a living, the term "the customer is always right" is the biggest sack of garbage I have ever heard. I could tell stories, but I won't.

Cathe's response to Kathryn was long overdue, and gave me a nice smile this morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.