Hi Everyone!

Hi Cathe
Just wanted to tell I absolutely love this new series!! The HiiTs are my favorite. They are so tough but so incredibly fun. You amaze me!!! Glad to hear you are still having your RT in NJ. I think I maybe bringing a friend this time. She was a kickboxing instructor so I let her borrow your KB dvd's. She is hooked now.

I would like to get back down to the gym for another visit soon. I am in the need for a "live" Cathe class.

Hopefully see you soon. Have a great night.
chrissy

OMG Sangeeta, that would be so fun if I get to see you at the gym AND at San Diego. :D

Tell Joe I said "Way To Work It". He will be great at the RT. I can't wait to see you both again and you will just have the best time on the RT. Tell Joe not to worry. We had a few guys on the last RT and they did great on all the straightforward workouts but opted to pass on the step workouts. But tell Joe not to give up cuz I'de love for him to enjoy all the classes. Step Moves would be the absolute trickiest I would ever get on a RT. Athletic Step is more of what I will do.

Can't wait to see you and hope you feel better soon :)

Hi Cathe -- I just wanted to say hi! Joe is starting up STS again, and he's having that silly grin he has after the workout again. (That said, he hasn't done the Leg one yet...so he'll be cursing tonight.) He's also uber excited about San Diego (yep, he's coming with me) so he's trying to learn your step aerobics...he was just awful at Step Moves but it made me laugh so hard that it was worth it. Loving Shock Cardio (of what I can, I've been sick) and excited to see you soon (I also may be back home at the end of February/ beginning of March so i'd love to see you and Mrs. B again). That's all -- now I have to go back to work... :) I mean, :(

Sorry you feel shortchanged Kathryn, however, I purposely tell everyone to continue cooling down as needed since I realize that a cool down is necessary. I'm also pretty sure that you are aware that I would never do something like this if I didn't feel that this was something an advanced exerciser (most especially those who are long standing members of the "educated crowd"), could safely do on their own.

I realize and accept that I will never please everyone with everything I do however, I also don't understand the thought process of a purchaser who is continuously unhappy with most everything I do yet continues to buy (and criticize) nearly everything I make :confused:

Seriously?:confused:
Omitting a crucial part of a workout (the cooldown) may make the RECORDED SEGMENT of a workout shorter (the DVD), but it doesn't make the WORKOUT itself shorter, or save time for the exerciser (except for those who usually skip cooldowns, but they could be accomodated by putting the cooldown as a separate, easily skippable, chapter).

And I'm sure that, as in many past workouts, you could come up with something better than marchs and step touchs.;)

While I appreciate the long warm-ups, I feel like we've been shortchanged by getting incomplete workouts.

Thanks for the feedback Chrissy! That's so great!!! I hope I see you soon too. Until then, keep shocking it!!!

Hi Cathe
Just wanted to tell I absolutely love this new series!! The HiiTs are my favorite. They are so tough but so incredibly fun. You amaze me!!! Glad to hear you are still having your RT in NJ. I think I maybe bringing a friend this time. She was a kickboxing instructor so I let her borrow your KB dvd's. She is hooked now.

I would like to get back down to the gym for another visit soon. I am in the need for a "live" Cathe class.

Hopefully see you soon. Have a great night.
chrissy

Hi Cathe

I was wondering if you would ever consider putting a "meet the cast" extra on one of your DVDs. I've been working out to your videos for a couple of years and I am curious to actually hear their voices.

Hi Linda! You are too cute with your description of yourself. It is really hard to show you in words but I promise I will work with you on this in San Diego. I will look forward to it. For now, try to not over think it. Just imagine that you want to punch something with all your might and if you knock it over you get a million bucks :eek:...now if that doesn't get your core involved nothing will ;) :D. Try to follow through with your hip to provide power whether you punch forward or do a hook.

Try this:
Have someone hold up a pillow in front of you and actually strike it with a jab and a cross and a hook. Sometimes when you actually strike an object your body mechanics fire more appropriately since it is more natural.

No worries, San Diego is only 2 months away...I will help you :D

I hope you and your friend have fun with your workouts.

Hi Cathe!
I've done all your Shock Cardio series, and have now started you 3.5 month rotation. San Diego will get in the way, though, but, that is ok!

I have a question about my boxing form. I know it is all wrong! I look like one of the 3 stooges (you know when they hit each other, especially Curly), where my arms just look like they are flailing, or maybe I look like I am drowning in water...
Anyway you get the [silly looking] picture of how I look. You and your team have your whole bodies moving, sort of bouncy, and I can't seem to do that. Only my upper body moves. Do you have any suggestions how I can get my core working? I don't feel my core worked and I know I should. I also do try to push from my body(maybe foot or hip) to put power behind some moves like upper cut, hook, cross, etc, but I still don't look right when I look in the mirror.

Any tips for me?

Thanks again, and I really enjoy this series.

Oh, one more thing, I got my friend/neighbor interested in working out with you. She saw my newly painted workout room, and setup and I let her borrow 2 GS upper body DVD's. They were too hard so she bought Basic step and (...?), a step, and a band. Another recruit!

Hope you're still online!
And thanks for everything!

Come to the our local RT in Jersey Egyirba. You will get to meet them in person and chat with them :D

Hi Cathe

I was wondering if you would ever consider putting a "meet the cast" extra on one of your DVDs. I've been working out to your videos for a couple of years and I am curious to actually hear their voices.

Thanks so much Denise....keep shocking it!

Cathe, just wanted to say "hi" and tell you how much I'm enjoying Shock Cardio! I even love Step Moves, and that's saying a lot because I usually don't care for step! (I'm too uncoordinated and I'm not patient enough to learn the moves...!) It's so much fun and although I didn't master it the first time, I'm looking forward to doing it again...and again!

I'm off to do MMA Boxing, another favorite. Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all!

Hi Cathe! I just started the new workouts this week with the STS 3 1/2 month rotation. I LOVE IT! So far I've done 40/20, MMA Boxing and tomorrow will be Step Moves (I stepped it out last night in my slippers to get the new moves down!). This is a perfect way to kick off the new year! Thanks for another great series! Oh, and I got the new firewalker bands which I used with Disc 3 today! LOVE THOSE TOO! :eek:

Hi Colleen! Now that's the spirit. I love your attitude. Glad to hear you are enjoying the workouts. :D Keep working it!

Hi Cathe,
I'm doing your 3 month STS/Shock Cardio rotation and today was MMA Boxing. I finished that one with a smile on my face. Love the music. I wasn't smiling with 40/30 ... that was a killer.
Maybe someday I'll be able to actually get up on the "roll on your back/flip over/push up and jump thingies" ...I forget with Shock Cardio they were on ... but even if I never get them right they're a hoot to try at age 56 and if someone wants to laugh at me they can jump in and try one with me ... just like the 'ole fire walkers! Someone wants to laugh ... here's a band. :)
Colleen
PS Thanks for the gift of Travel Fit. It'll complement your kick boxing /core & stretch workouts that i take with me when I need to travel. I've actually carried weights in my suit case and that's nuts! The band leaves me room for my clothes.

Sorry you feel shortchanged Kathryn, however, I purposely tell everyone to continue cooling down as needed since I realize that a cool down is necessary. I'm also pretty sure that you are aware that I would never do something like this if I didn't feel that this was something an advanced exerciser (most especially those who are long standing members of the "educated crowd"), could safely do on their own.

I realize and accept that I will never please everyone with everything I do however, I also don't understand the thought process of a purchaser who is continuously unhappy with most everything I do yet continues to buy (and criticize) nearly everything I make :confused:

Hi Cathe --I rarely post here, but I'm one of your most loyal customers. I have everything you've put out on DVD (except the last beginner series) and I've participated in every pre-sale since I discovered them. Your DVDs have been the biggest part of my daily workout rountine for years, and I recommend you highly to all of my friends!

However, I have to say that I too felt short changed by the lack of cool downs on shock cardio. I'm a fairly advanced (and educated) exerciser, and while I certainly can figure out what to do on my own, I'm not happy at being forced to do it. It's left me with an "off" feeling at the end of each workout, instead of the normal happy high.

That said, I'm hoping that I won't find this to be a fatal flaw in an otherwise excellent program. So far, the jury's still out. :(

I'll admit that posting something critical on your forums makes me a little uncomfortable, and as a rule I won't do it. However, your response to Kathryn seemed to imply that, if she didn't like your workouts, she shouldn't continue to buy them. I'm wondering if I (or anyone who feels the same about this issue) should take that message away as well? :(

How cool is that Morningstar! High Five to both of ya!!!

Cathe, just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year! Tonight I'm doing MMA Boxing "with" another Catheite that lives in another country. Once a week we do long distance joint workouts and it's so motivating!

Thanks for all the sweet sweat and giving us the forums so I could meet my workout buddy!

Love to hear this Jo. Keep working it! Have fun with your new Firewalker bands too :D

Hi Cathe! I just started the new workouts this week with the STS 3 1/2 month rotation. I LOVE IT! So far I've done 40/20, MMA Boxing and tomorrow will be Step Moves (I stepped it out last night in my slippers to get the new moves down!). This is a perfect way to kick off the new year! Thanks for another great series! Oh, and I got the new firewalker bands which I used with Disc 3 today! LOVE THOSE TOO! :eek:

Hi SET! Thank you for your loyal support over the years and I am happy that under most circumstances you are happy with your DVD's. Also, thank you for taking the time to post your feelings here especially since you expressed that this makes you a bit uncomfortable to do and I can see that you don't post often, so again, I truly appreciate that you felt comfortable enough to express your feelings publicly.

I hope that you continue to enjoy the series and, other than the short cooldowns making the workouts feel off to you, that they provide you with some nice challenges to accomplish your fitness goals. :)

Hi Cathe --I rarely post here, but I'm one of your most loyal customers. I have everything you've put out on DVD (except the last beginner series) and I've participated in every pre-sale since I discovered them. Your DVDs have been the biggest part of my daily workout rountine for years, and I recommend you highly to all of my friends!

However, I have to say that I too felt short changed by the lack of cool downs on shock cardio. I'm a fairly advanced (and educated) exerciser, and while I certainly can figure out what to do on my own, I'm not happy at being forced to do it. It's left me with an "off" feeling at the end of each workout, instead of the normal happy high.

That said, I'm hoping that I won't find this to be a fatal flaw in an otherwise excellent program. So far, the jury's still out. :(

I'll admit that posting something critical on your forums makes me a little uncomfortable, and as a rule I won't do it. However, your response to Kathryn seemed to imply that, if she didn't like your workouts, she shouldn't continue to buy them. I'm wondering if I (or anyone who feels the same about this issue) should take that message away as well? :(

Cathe, I would just like to say that I appreciate your polite but clear response to the criticism on this thread. You were put in a position of having to defend yourself against inappropriate rudeness and I want you to know that this is not what you should expect every time you spend your precious time and energy responding to our questions and stories. I regret that this happened and do not agree with those posters who feel the need to express themselves in this manner- on a forum that is free to all except you, who pay a substantial amount of money to provide this space for all to learn from each other.

Hi Cathe! I've done 3 of the Shock Cardio Workouts so far (Travel Fit, Kickbox, and Step Moves). I have to say I LOVE them all! Fun, refreshing, just...perfect. I can't wait to try the rest of them...well, maybe I can wait a little bit for the Hiit workouts! :)

I also don't understand the thought process of a purchaser who is continuously unhappy with most everything I do yet continues to buy (and criticize) nearly everything I make :confused:

Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. I might have some things to reconsider.

I also feel short-changed by getting incomplete workouts. Over the last week, I sent 2 messages to your helpdesk about this very issue, but did not receive a reply. So I feel ignored as well.

I might could safely cool down on my own, true. I could also warm up and do workouts on my own. But I don't want to. That's why I buy your videos.

Even a single cool down that was put on all the DVDs would have been helpful like with the STS Strength stretch segment, but without cooldowns, I am very disappointed in these workouts. I can't rave about them to my friends and recommend them. I am getting around this by popping in other dvds for the cool down, but it really irks me that I have to and I won't recommend that others buy them without being a complete workout.

Those people that didn't want a cool down could easily skip a cool down chapter. I'm not even asking for a 15 minute cool down. 3 - 5 minutes would be fine. I've even been known to repeat a cool down if I wanted a longer cool down, but with 30 or 60 seconds, there's just not much to repeat there.

ETA: I know that nothing can be done about the current DVDs, but I would respectfully ask that cool downs not be skipped in future workouts. It is important to me and will figure in my decision to buy or not.

Thanks,
April

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.