Hey Cathe, would you consider updating the 4 day/5 day/ one body part per day rotations?

Lady Vol Fan

Cathlete
I think an updated version of any of these strength splits would be awesome to get ready for STS 2.0. I want to be as ready as possible! :D

Here are the links to the ones I know of:
4 day split strength November 2004
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/november-rotation.235858/

5 day split strength May 2006

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/may-06-rotation-5-day-split.236257/

One body part per day strength May 2005
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/may-rotation-one-body-part-per-day.235981/

Thank you, as always, for creating rotations for us, Cathe! :cool:

P.S. if someone knows more current ones, please post!

last week I did an ice rotation that included one body part per day. I loved it and can’t wait to do it again. I alternate weeks with circuits and then one body part training.

last week I did an ice rotation that included one body part per day. I loved it and can’t wait to do it again. I alternate weeks with circuits and then one body part training.
This rotation sounds good, can you please share it.

Sure! So I took Cathe's Level 3 All Ice Rotation and tweaked it a bit, basically omitting the ab segments because I felt like I got plenty of core work from the regular workouts and skipping one or two blizzard blasts and changing the day I did shoulders, but here's what I did:

Monday - Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + Muscle Meltdown: Triceps

Tuesday - To The Mat: Legs & Glutes + Muscle Meltdown: Shoulders

Wednesday: Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast + Muscle Meltdown: Chest

Thursday: Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 (or Cardio 2) + Muscle Meltdown: Back

Friday: Chiseled Lower Body Blast + Blizzard Blast

Saturday: Boot Camp Circuit + Muscle Meltdown: Biceps

The only workout from this series that I'm not wild about is Chiseled Upper Body because even with going heavier, I don't feel like I've gotten a solid upper body workout, but with the variety of the Muscle Meltdowns and doing single body parts per day, its perfect. And when I'm not doing single body part training, I can do the Blizzard Blast add on after each workout to amp up the cardio factor. The Blizzard Blasts are pretty advanced with the one legged burpees in the one for Chiseled Lower Body Blast and the return of Terminators in the one for Metabolic Total Body.

What I'm really enjoying doing, because I have such a vast collection of Cathe DVD's is taking rotations week by week, doing something completely different. I don't follow the monthly rotations that she posts, but I'll take a week of something here and a week of something there and just mix it all up. For example, last week I did a full week from the Strong & Sweaty rotation and this week I'm doing a week of Lift it Hiit It. I've done a week of XTrain, a week of Slow & Heavy, a week of Gym Style, and I try not to do the same DVD twice in a month. I look at all the rotations that she's posted and I pick various weeks and do them! And I'm having a total Blast! No pun intended!

Sure! So I took Cathe's Level 3 All Ice Rotation and tweaked it a bit, basically omitting the ab segments because I felt like I got plenty of core work from the regular workouts and skipping one or two blizzard blasts and changing the day I did shoulders, but here's what I did:

Monday - Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + Muscle Meltdown: Triceps

Tuesday - To The Mat: Legs & Glutes + Muscle Meltdown: Shoulders

Wednesday: Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast + Muscle Meltdown: Chest

Thursday: Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 (or Cardio 2) + Muscle Meltdown: Back

Friday: Chiseled Lower Body Blast + Blizzard Blast

Saturday: Boot Camp Circuit + Muscle Meltdown: Biceps

The only workout from this series that I'm not wild about is Chiseled Upper Body because even with going heavier, I don't feel like I've gotten a solid upper body workout, but with the variety of the Muscle Meltdowns and doing single body parts per day, its perfect. And when I'm not doing single body part training, I can do the Blizzard Blast add on after each workout to amp up the cardio factor. The Blizzard Blasts are pretty advanced with the one legged burpees in the one for Chiseled Lower Body Blast and the return of Terminators in the one for Metabolic Total Body.

What I'm really enjoying doing, because I have such a vast collection of Cathe DVD's is taking rotations week by week, doing something completely different. I don't follow the monthly rotations that she posts, but I'll take a week of something here and a week of something there and just mix it all up. For example, last week I did a full week from the Strong & Sweaty rotation and this week I'm doing a week of Lift it Hiit It. I've done a week of XTrain, a week of Slow & Heavy, a week of Gym Style, and I try not to do the same DVD twice in a month. I look at all the rotations that she's posted and I pick various weeks and do them! And I'm having a total Blast! No pun intended!
I like your idea of just picking a weeks worth of a rotation. I have a hard time following a full month. Thanks for the idea, I think I will try that for the next few weeks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.