May Rotation: One Body Part Per Day

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month's rotation will focus one working one body part per day. A different segment of Core Max will be added to the end of a body part three times per week. This rotation will help build strength and shape and define muscle. Do the following exercises for 3 sets of 12 unless otherwise specified. Be sure to include your favorite cardio activities 3 to 4 times per week for 30 to 40 minutes per session. And as a reminder, for best results you must eat clean and increase your protein intake per day!

Have Fun!

All four weeks do the following exercises.
Start every workout with around 4 to 5 minutes of Rhythmic and Dynamic movement to warm up the entire body (you can use the warmups I do on my workouts).

MONDAY:
BACK
1) Super Man (3 sets of 25 reps)
2) Wide Grip Pull Ups (3 sets of as many as you can do)
SIDE NOTE:(if you don't have access to a pull up bar then do wide grip barbell rows overhand grip)
3) One Arm Rows
4) Narrow Grip Underhand Barbell Rows
5) Barbell Deadlifts
6) Seated Row with the resistance band (2 sets of 25 reps)
7) Barbell or Dumbell Pullovers

TUESDAY:
Chest

1) Push Ups...(aim for 5 sets of 10 to 12 reps)
2) Incline Dumbbell Press
3) Flat Bench Dumbell Fly
4) Flat Bench Dumbbell Press (optional on a decline)
5) OPTIONAL: Kneeling Cable Flys (if you have access to them)
6) Dips off of bench with legs elevated (3 sets of 15 reps) Don't rush through them!
7) SEGMENT ONE OF CORE MAX

WEDNESDAY:
Legs

1) Seated Leg Extentions w/ankle weights (add mental resistance if your weights are light) 3 sets of 25 reps

2) Barbell Squats (5 sets 12)
3) One legged Dumbbell Lunges w/back leg elevated
4) Plie Barbell Squats
5) 200 Walking Lunges
6) Free Style calf raises off edge of step (2 sets 64 reps)
7) OPTIONAL: Barbell stiff leg deadlifts on platform from Gym Style Legs
8) Do the Stability Ball section of Pyramid Lower Body (Intensity Series)

Thursday:
Shoulders

1) Seated overhead dumbbell Press
2) Seated dumbbell side lateral raises
3) OPTIONAL: One arm cable lateral raises
4) Upright barbell row
5) Barbell Front Raise
6) Dumbbell Rear Delt Flys
7) Resistance band rear delt flys (3 sets of 15)
8) SEGMENT TWO OF CORE MAX

FRIDAY:
Biceps

1) Seated Alternating Dumbbell curls
2) Preacher Barbell Curl (leaning on stability ball if you do not have a preacher bench)
3) Barbell Curls 3 sets of the following pattern (8 reps from top half/ 8 reps from bottom half/ 8 reps full range of motion)
4) Dumbbell Hammer curls
5) Dumbbell Wrist curls (palm facing up, 3 sets 30...palm facing down, 3 sets of 15 to 20)

SATURDAY:
Triceps

1) Lying Barbell Extentions
2) Seated Dumbbell Overhead Extention Both Arms (or one arm at time if preferred)
3) OPTIONAL: Cable Rope extention (if not do one arm overhead extention with resistance band 3 sets 20 pulsing reps)
4) Dips (3 sets 20)
5) Dumbbell Kickbacks
6) SEGMENT THREE OF COREMAX

Sunday:
OFF

Hurray! You posted one.

There was speculation that you might be too busy with the opening of your wonderful looking new gym.

But you remembered us. How sweet of you.

Now to print.

Thank you!
Maggie

Thanks Cathe!
I'm wondering, when I add my cardio to this, can I also see some fat loss along w/ this strengthening,shaping and defining of the muscles??? That would be awesome!

take care:)
Gloria

I have all the GYM STYLES, SLOW AND HEAVY and PYRAMID UPPER and LOWER, Anybody can advice which video I should do for the exercises specified by Cathe above? Thanks

Hi Cathe

Please pardon my ignorance but on tuesday's chest rotation how do you do the dips off of bench with legs elavated?

Thankyou

I am not Cathe, but I can help!

I use my high step and my step bench. Use the height you want for each step, place your heels on the club step and place your hands on the high step. Do your dips keeping your body close to the step your hands are on.
For a greater challenge, use strait legs, and for an even greater challenge, put your feet on the higher elevation.

If you do not have both step, use a chait or a stool if you have one.

Have fun!

Missy

Cathe,
I only do well following DVD's. Would a good alternative be to use the Timsaver DVD from Body Blast and the CTX Series....but doubling up on the weight sections, as I am an advanced exercises and not looking to just maintain my muscle....I want to continue to increase by muscle gains.

thanks much,
Lora

Missy ~
Wouldn't this work the triceps more than the chest? I can't visualize it for chest? (sorry!)

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

I looked at her rotation and this is what I identified as close matches if you chose not to workout on your own but with the company of Cathe... a lot it reminds me of the CTX workouts...

Back: This is technically the entire workout off of Cross Train Express using the back section and then (if you have it) the supermans at the end of the back section (not on the upper body tape but on the CTX workout that has back on it). Since you do not have CTX, then I would recommend the Gym Style - you'll just have to modify a bit to fit it all in (sets, reps).

Chest: This is nearly the Gym Style chest workout. I did it this morning, adding 1 extra set to the inclines flyes and presses (I used the incline flyes as my substitute for the cable work). I chose not to do the dips between the benches due to shoulder issues, but I did keep the close-grip chest press as a substitute.

Legs: I would use Pyramid Legs for ease of DVD changes and since it encompasses the exercises, except the walking lunges. (I have no room myself, so... not sure what a good substitute would be except maybe the leg presses from the PYramids - or the one-legged lunges with the rear foot on the bench.)

Shoulders: Easiest solution: Gym Style (modify sets/reps as needed)

Biceps: Gym Style or MIS (CTX if you have it!)

Triceps: Quickest solution with less modification: Cross Train Express Otherwise Gym Style or MIS

Is this of any help?

i cant wait to try your may rotation. right now i'm doing the step blast rotation i'm planning on doing cardio from ctx,timesaver,and terminator skipping the weights part. how long did it take you to do one body part depending on how long a rest?

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.