Healthy foods you just CAN'T stomach

mini-natty

Cathlete
Anyone else hate beets? I've tried...many times. Ya, ya I know they're healthy :rolleyes: but I find them gross [enter yuck face here].

I'm all for greens (love kale!) but I can't stand collard greens [another yuck face over here].

Don't leave me hanging over here...now it's your turn ;)

Natasha

Cottage Cheese! I don't care how healthy it is or how much protein it has I just can't bring myself to eat it. Yuck! :)

Kale - ick. I keep trying it different ways and just - can't - do - it :(

Natasha - have you tried roasting the peeled beets with a little olive oil and salt? I hated beets, too, until I tried them roasted.

Kale - ick. I keep trying it different ways and just - can't - do - it :(

Natasha - have you tried roasting the peeled beets with a little olive oil and salt? I hated beets, too, until I tried them roasted.

Why yes I have. I have tried them every which way and they just don't sit right on my palate [yucky icky yuck yuck].
Thanks for trying though ;).

Another beet hater! :eek: Blech. Also brussel spouts...UGH! And liver and onions...I literally used to run upstairs crying when I was little and my mom was making this vile concoction! :confused:

Ditto on the beets. I cannot stand them, but the color is absolutely beautiful. I also dislike sweet potatoes. ...and cottage cheese.

Oatmeal was also on this list until about a year ago, now I like it a lot, because I started eating real oats...I cannot stomach the instant stuff.

...whole wheat pasta!

I eat whole wheat breads, crackers and cereal - but pasta just needs to be good old white flour...

love me some beets though :p

Debbie Russo

cottage cheese, soy, bean curd, noodles, mango, papaya, any kind of milk that is not cow's milk, miso, soy sauce, yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk!

Basically, I stay cleat of Japanese cuisine.....

Clare

Oh boy. Where do I start? Liver, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, avocados, red peppers, tofu, veggie burgers, mango, stevia, all apples except Granny Smith, lima beans, spinach, sweet potatoes, squash, instant oatmeal, to name a few! However, I love beets, turnip, steamed kale, Brussels sprouts and regular (not Greek style) yogurt. This is a great thread!

Stebby

Wow, I like all the dislikes mentioned so far except for liver {ick}. What I can't handle is really sour fruit like Granny Smith apples, plum skins, and sour grapes. :confused: I like vinegar sour and citrus sour as ingredients, though.

Love beets. Hate liver...I mean, that is where the body detoxifies itself. Plus the smell of it cooking makes me gag. Ok that's enough :)

Mushrooms....

MUSHROOMS!! Not even sure if they're good for you - but, I can't eat them. Yuck!;) I do however love beets and cottage cheese. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.