Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Oct 17th

I am a idiot:eek: I still walked out without MIS stats. But here’s what I did.

LEGS
Squats BB
Static Lunges BB
Plie Squats BB
Dead Lifts BB
Dips DB
Dips from Step DB
CHEST
Push-Ups
Bench Press BB
Pec Flyes DB
Push-Ups
Bench Press BB
Pec Flyes DB
BACK
One Arm Lat Rows DB
Overhand Dead Row BB
Underhand Dead Row BB
Post. Delt Flyes DB
SHOULDERS
Upright Rows BB
Militaries BB
Flex Lateral Delt Raise DB
BICEPS
Crazy 8's BB
Hammer Curls DB
Alt. Hammer Curls DB
TRICEPS
Headbangers BB
Close Grip Bench Press BB
Tripceps Dips BB
Tricep Kickbacks DB
ABS

This morning, I did CC#7, Man oh man, I forgot how hard this w/o was:rolleyes: when I finished I was drenched. And than I did KM leg drills.

Stats:
502 cal burned
4.40 miles travelled
61.29 time

Morning Maniacs,

I am tired, I so could just go back to bed right now. Had a great workout this morning though.

Superset A
Pistol Squats
8/8/8 ***funny thing is here my left leg seems stronger than my right :confused:***
BB Chest Press
6/6/6 - 1103 ***wanted to go up but just made this last week, so I thought I give it one more shot before trying to go heavier***

Superset B
RDL
8/8/8 - 127# **up 2 #***
Spiderman climbs
5/5/5

Superset C
Step Ups
10/10/10 - 33's ***up 2 #***
Rear Delt Raises
12/12/12 - 15's ***Started at 16's, but decided I wasn't ready for the risk***

Chin-ups - 5 (these were for Catherine so she doesn't yell at me :p

Then cardio at a 45/90 ratio for six rounds using ASC1 powerup 1 and combo 1 from ASC 1 as well!

Now I have to go shopping for Halloween costume supplies!

This morning I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes. My stupid HRM is still acting up. I'm gonna get ANOTHER battary today. I'm really beginning to hate that thing!

Had a great workout even though I didn't want to do cardio at all today.

Cardio stats:
48 minutes
41 minutes in zone
285 calories burned (Bull. My treadmill showed 325 and my HRM is usually only 20 below that.)
2.9 miles travelled.

Gotta go deliver Avon. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Wow can't believe how early you chicas get your training done.. I used to do it early too.. but as of late I haven't been able to even get up that early :T

So here's yesterdays workout :)

Legs-
Muscle Endurance
Step-Ups 2 X 16/12
Squats
Deadlifts
Step-Ups 2 X 12
Statics
Step-Ups 2 X 12
Glute Raises
Damn Cathe does a lot of those stepups.. All one set of long, excruciating reps at variouse tempos. I used more weight than Cathe on everything (which im sure feelin' today :)
Firewalkers X 2
Full Squats 2 X 10 15 sec
Clean Deadlifts 2 X 8
Sgl Leg Deadlifts 2 X 12 these suck I think Ill stick with the single squats
Calves

That's it, just about 45 mins.. been a while since I threw a strength-endurance style workout in there (or any of Cathes leg routines) and I just did legs a few days ago. Monday will be another heavy one for sure. Today will be rest or 20-30 mins cardio later as its a very low carb day.
Probably KPC (I love the music in that) or some improv circuits or something.

Teddygirl - that looks like a lot of exercises was ther ejust one of each? (I think I have MIS but i dont think ive ever actually done it!)

Linda- have fun gettin' ready for halloween!!

Last edited:
Pebblesus: I did this one yesterday, man oh man, wish I had brought stats with me today, cuz, I did extra:D Any who, you have MIS and never tried it, wipe the dusks off and get busy, girl, I love this workout, I believe it was Cathe’s first weight training tape. BTW, nice workout ;) Too, answer your ? a few of the leg routines are done twice and most, if not all the UB is twice, me think! that’s why I write everything down, brain dead:eek:

Shewolf: Your workouts are always sweet:) I’d love too see your picture:p

Debbie: Have a great day:)

Last edited:
Good morning Peeps!

This morning I did P90X Legs & Back. But as I mentioned I'm doing my own legs b/c I want to lift heavier with weights. So I did:

Leg presses on the Bowflex Revolution, 3 sets of 20
Calf raises on Bowflex Revolution 3 sets of 20
Leg extensions on Bowflex Revolution 3 sets of 20
Squats on Smith machine 3 sets of 20
Walking lunges 3 sets of 20 w/15# each hand

I did this while Tony did the leg portion of Legs & Back.

So on the chinups I can go all the way down by myself but I can't pull myself all the way up. I'm GONNA do pullups by the end of this too. You watch!

Sonya - Yup, I just never got into Yoga X. I'm too hyper I think. I even tried low light and candles. Plus it hurts my hip (I have bursitis). I am actually a big Tony fan. I love his positive attitude. I wish I could be so happy all the time. He always makes my day!

Hermia - I got my hair done at Henry's Salon in Denver by Marc Laupretre. LOVE him! :) If he quits doing hair I will stalk him. It won't be pretty.

Hello,

I did Imax 2 and some ab work. I am doing Cahte's Oct. rotation. Tomorrow is supposed to be Yoga. I don't do alot of yoga. I always feel like it is not excercise. Do you all think it is somthing to incorporate this month? Any suggestions welcome

Nice workouts, everyone! All of you are doing great today. I am gonna do a leg workout and work abs (ab ripper x, I think). Feeling tired today. Leaving for Maryland on Sunday and won't be back til Thursday. I am gonna make resv. at a hotel that has a fitness ctr in it.

Char - Thanks for reminding me. I have to do Ab Ripper X today too. Just ran out of time this morning. I was going to do it last night but my lazy butt wouldn't get off the couch. DH and I went to dinner after I got home from work and I just parked it. I love staying in hotels with fitness centers. I hope you find a good one.

Suz: I love your hair:) I can really see the differences in your before and after pictures. The texture of your hair looks so smooth and silky; your hair looks so healthy. You go girl! You are cute;)

Roselyn: Hello, I don’t think we meant. Welcome!:) Let me first tell you this……I HATE YOGA, really, I tried it once and oh boy, me can't twists or bend my body:eek: Okay now that that’s out. Hm……what can you do as a replacement? Honestly, I don’t know, I pretty much do my own thing. Do you have Cathe or P90X Stretch workout? It’s a good replacer. Okay, I know I’m of NO help. But, wanted to meet you.:) BTW, nice workout!:)

Hey Maniacs! Today is a rest day and I'm also going out to lunch...I'll try to order the best thing I can. Not sure where we are going yet.

Regarding Yoga: I like yoga, but have a hard time wanting to do it. So, I've been adding shorter stretch workouts to my routine. I'm finding that I feel absolutely wonderful after a good stretch and look forward to it at the end of a workout. My favorite right now is 10 min. trainer Yoga Flex (really short and hits all the good stuff, more of a stretch workout than yoga), but some others I add in are: My next fav, Slim Series Slim and Limber (15 min.), Slim Series Cool it off (1 hr. too long, but very good once in awhile) and Cool it off express (30 min.). I have no goals at getting better at yoga, so the stretch workouts are perfect as a substitute. Most stretches are yoga based anyway, so what's the dif?:p

Suz- Your hair looks so good! I love the new look. It's just so smooth and healthy looking.

Hi to the newbies here...

Later:cool:

Did you guys see this article: http://www.figureathlete.com/readArticle.do?id=2358214

It was posted over in OD on the thread that is talking about total body workouts. I found it very interesting and also liked where they talked about ab work on the second page. Jackie Warner from that show Workout said the same thing. She never works her abs and they are amazing! So...will I do Ab Ripper X tonight or not????? We're going to some friends' house for dinner and my girlfriend is making me a pomegranate martini. Mmmm...

Teddy - I'm with you- I hate yoga. I've tried and tried, but I have found nothing that I like about it!

Suz, i was hoping it was at a chain type place, like Aveda, so I could get one too! =)

So my workout nerd moment for the week came the other day when I was on campus. Some campus group or whatever had this poster up with the acronym SJP and I immediately thought Step Jump and Pump! lol, of course, it stood for something else, and once i realized it wasn't a workout my interest decreased significantly.

I do like yoga, I just find it hard to work in a significant amount given everything else that I prioritize higher. I get in a couple a week, but my goal is 3-4.

Havent' worked out yet today. I'm just home on a brief break between schools. Will workout this evening.

Hi maniacs

Hermia...I'm tellin ya...Fridays are not the days to be working late! I'm drinking wine waiting for my last client/friend to show up and thought I would check on ya.

It's been two weeks without wine, and one glass is like, OHHHHHHHbabyy why do I miss the so?

I did Ripped 1000 this AM, have been a good girl allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll week, down 12 pounds and happy, so wine it is.

Suz, the hair looks beautiful!
Char have a great weekend woman, you deserve it!
gotta go, they are here, have great weekends everyone!
Amber

Suz, i was hoping it was at a chain type place, like Aveda, so I could get one too! =)

So my workout nerd moment for the week came the other day when I was on campus. Some campus group or whatever had this poster up with the acronym SJP and I immediately thought Step Jump and Pump! lol, of course, it stood for something else, and once i realized it wasn't a workout my interest decreased significantly.

Hermia - I bet if you Googled Brazilian Keratin Treatment and the city where you live you would find someone who does it. Just make sure they have been doing it for at least a few years. It's important they know what they are doing. You can learn more on www.naturallycurly.com on the forums if you go to the straightening part. It's kind of controversial and people are kind of opinionated. :) But you can learn a lot. There are different types I think. Some of the gals talk about (and show pics) how theirs is pretty wavy if they don't dry it by Marc told me mine would only have a very slight wave if I didn't dry it. And if I saw something that said SJP I would have immediately thought of Sarah Jessica Parker! :p

Amber - Hope you enjoyed your clients more with that wine!

I am posting late. Feel sort of drained. I have had a headache for a week now. I think it is taking it's toll. DD came over this morning and stayed all day because we were working on a project together. So I couldn't get back here. My granddaughter 9 did all of the figure 8 and band portion of my workout with today:)
Hi/Lo Dome Premix Dome Combo 2, repeating the intervals one extra time and repeating the lower portion of the bosu segment stopping at the stretch, I then did Amy's Pump and Step doing both lower body segments twice (no w/up). Then I did 10 minutes solution sculpt tone and reshape with the heavy 8 legs, and buns and thigh sections using my heavy 8 band and my heavy versa loop, then I did 10 minutes solution Tone trouble Zones butt & thigh blast with my heavy band, I finished with Hi/Lo Dome c/d and stretch. Total calories burned was 1004. Funny it is exactly the same calorie burn I had yesterday
icon_lol.gif

I burned 487 calories doing the Hi/Lo Dome premix which was 65 minutes, then I burned 332 calories and 50% fat doing Amy's Step and Pump. The 10 minute solution segments and stretch was 185 calories and 60% fat burned. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Be back in a bit:)

Hey Maniacs!!!

Posting my workout in late. Just got off from work, but did this before I left with hardly a minute to spare....

LEGS
Squats:
225# 5/5/5
185# 12x's
180# 15/15
(same as last time)

Deads:
130# 5/5/5 (went down 10# in weight cuz it affected my traps too much and I don't need more neck/shoulder issues)
120# 12x's
110# 15x's

Leg Ext
85# 15/15 (went up 2.5#)

Sissy Squats
3/12

Did Ab Ripper X.

Tomorrow I am planning on working shoulders and getting on elliptical and hopefully finish off my Halloween stitching picture. When I am done, I will post a picture of it.

Suz,

Love your hair. Gosh, it is very straight now. My hair is naturally wavy and I have to take a flat iron to it. Sometimes I can wear it curly cuz it is actually getting a bit more curly now that I am almost 41. hehe. Hormones? No odd people tonight in the gift shop, but nice people. I do like it when we get the odd ones though. lol.

Diane Sue,

That is neat working out with your grandchild. I felt very very tired today and had to make myself workout. Just didn't want to. I hate when I get like that. Love the days when I just want to workout out all day long, but lately I seldom find that much time. My smoke detectors are going off tonight for some odd reason..nothing burning. Maybe just humidity? Very random and now my dogs will not shut up.

Amber,

Didn't know you liked wine so much. Which kind do you like? Red, white, etc? I have to have my chocolate everyday...the dark kind. Congratulations on the weight loss. That is something to be proud of...12 pounds!!! WOOHOO!

Hermia,

I really do need to fit in some yoga. Been going to chiropractor and massage lady for the longest time and they got me straightened out so that is why I am so afraid to screw up my neck area cuz I remember how bad off I was before I got to where I am now. I do need to do yoga to keep myself stretched out more and just "chill out" cuz I have a restless nature and I have to fight myself just to go to sleep most nights. lol.

Linda,

Lots of same ole's with yoga. Tons of same movements over and over and over again. Just kills me til I get use to it. If you can put up with it, it is very rewarding at the end.

Bionics,

I hope you didn't get anything greasy. lol. Just teasing.

Teddygirl,

You are one silly woman, but I do understand about the yoga as I mentioned above.

Well now that my windows are open, I suppose the smoke detectors will not go off so I can try to get some sleep. Talk to ya'll later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.