Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Oct 17th

I am finally back. Lots going on here:D My son stayed awhile after dd left.

Teddy, it looks like you had a good workout:D

Debbie, your treadmill must be closer to your hr monitor than mind. By the time I hit two miles I have lost a hundred calories:confused:

Suz, nice workout. That was a good choice for changes with P90X. Really sometimes I think it was meant for men that just want to build and show off their upper body.

Roselyn, I do believe that yoga has it's benefits. It keeps you limber, and less muscle soreness later just choose a shorter yoga workout or a good stretch. I have even watched my children bend down to do something and groan. If they worked on flexibility it would not be so much of an issue. I believe that all components of fitness are important.

Charlotte, enjoy Maryland. You will be missed if you can't check in. I hope you enjoy your trip. You have the right attitude about the popcorn. Better than Poptarts LOL

Sonya, thanks for the compliment. The grandchildren help to keep me young :)

Dallys, I have to push to do yoga too. But when I do it it feels good. I do feel like I waste time spending my whole workout time doing yoga unless it is a rest day but there are lots of benefits so I just add in short segments. I see no one has mentioned Tracey Staehle's new yoga dvd that she has preorders for. I ordered because for 3 days it is only 12.95 and no shipping. Also it sounds like more of a relaxing stretch than power yoga. It has shorter premixes that you can do too. Yoga for me is better than basic stretching. I do like Amy's stretch with the weights on Rumble. I want her upcoming dvd for dynamic stretch.

Last edited:
Teddygirl - Thanks!

Amber - How did I miss the TWELVE POUNDS!!! Holy cow woman! Way to go!

Diane Sue - I'm sorry about your headache. :( That's cute about your granddaughter. You know, I never thought about that with P90X, but I think you might have something there. I know that he uses some weights for legs, but not as much as I want to use. You know I'm trying to build a butt!

Char - Those darn hormones! :p I hope you have a great trip! I bet you'll miss your crazy customers!

I'm really missing the cardio right now so I hope everyone will do extra for me this weekend!!! If I sweat I will ruin my hair. Sheeesh!

Amber, I am so sorry I overlooked your post. Thanks Suz:) It sounds like you deserve a reward for some hard work:D 12# had to require some effort. Ripped 1000 is a good calorie burner too!

Hermia, I found it funny but SJP would make me think Step Jump Pump too!! I probably would have had the same reaction too!! Shows where our mindset is LOL

Suz, I think Tony's leg workout is not bad. I just think we need more than that to build a Butt. I still want the rest of me to stay where it is. Well ,maybe a little more muscle :D I just want my pants size to stop decreasing. I would like it to be rounder but not have fat. I think the only way to get that is to decrease cardio for me and that is a tough thing to do.

Amber, I would so rather be chilling with a glass of wine than working! ahhhh....sounds nice. I had a bit of wine a couple nights ago, hm, actually both Sunday and Wednesday night. Gotta teach tomorrow, too, a four hour class. blah. Oh, and very cool about the twelve pounds!

suz, I'm on the naturallycurly.com forum too, but it's been a while. So that treatment is a straightener? My hair is quite curly; I wonder if it would straighten that out? I do like straight hair for an occasional novelty, but I like it curly better, as does my mother and bf. =). Maybe they're both obligated to say that though, lol!

Tonight I did, for the first time, part of Rumble. I did the quick nrg premix stopping before the cool down (it's combos 1, 2, combined, then upper body drills). I thought it was good but I'm not in love with it. I didn't feel like I'd worked out quite as much as I wanted to, so I added the blast section of Kickmax. Then I did a 20 min yoga zone workout.

I preordered Tracey's yoga dvd. I think it will be good, and I like the idea of something more focused on flexibility/rejuvenation for when you feel overworked.

Hermia, I think that you just need to try Rumble a few times. Once you know it you can up the intensity. The bag segments are way more intense than the floor segments. It is much easier to follow than a lot of the new dvd's. I wear my weighted gloves and add more jumps and intensity than there is in the actual workout. I do keep them on when Amy takes them off.
I am looking forward to Tracey's new yoga workout:)
As far as curly hair mine is like Suz is supposed to be post treatment. I get it damp or wet and it waves a little. Most of the time it is not a good look though. It goes where it wants too. I have to blow it dry to smooth out the waves. Hate damp weather. Also it is very fine and thin which really makes matters worse. So I am thinking what happens if I get a brazilian hair treatment and my hair is just wavy??

Good morning Peeps!

This morning I did P90X Legs & Back. But as I mentioned I'm doing my own legs b/c I want to lift heavier with weights. So I did:

Leg presses on the Bowflex Revolution, 3 sets of 20
Calf raises on Bowflex Revolution 3 sets of 20
Leg extensions on Bowflex Revolution 3 sets of 20
Squats on Smith machine 3 sets of 20
Walking lunges 3 sets of 20 w/15# each hand

I did this while Tony did the leg portion of Legs & Back.

So on the chinups I can go all the way down by myself but I can't pull myself all the way up. I'm GONNA do pullups by the end of this too. You watch!

Sonya - Yup, I just never got into Yoga X. I'm too hyper I think. I even tried low light and candles. Plus it hurts my hip (I have bursitis). I am actually a big Tony fan. I love his positive attitude. I wish I could be so happy all the time. He always makes my day!

Hermia - I got my hair done at Henry's Salon in Denver by Marc Laupretre. LOVE him! :) If he quits doing hair I will stalk him. It won't be pretty.
Hey Suz, don't get me wrong P90X is a great workout. I guess after doing it a second time around I got so familiar and could pretty much quote every word:) I meant no disrepect against Tony. I got great results. So you go girl....bring it!!!!!!!

P.S. Obviosuly he wasn't THAT bad cuz I got P90X+.....the interval training is awesome!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.